“Bustling hotel downtown”

Ranked #11 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Houston, TX
“Bustling hotel downtown”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. I booked through Priceline with a great price and was offered an upgrade upon arrival for a corner room. The view was fantastic from the corner room; pretty much one whole wall is windows. Loved that, the upgrade was worth it for that cool view. The room was large and had a great bed.

One small quibble: the front-desk person, when offering the upgrade, gushed about the bathroom being twice the size of the regular bathrooms. This was a selling point; I hate small hotel bathrooms. What she didn't mention, however, was that it was a handicapped bathroom, which is why it was so much bigger. Just a small annoyance; I felt a little lied to. Also, the hotel puts a $30/day hold on your card when you upgrade, so I received a message from my bank immediately after that I'd spent all this money at the hotel when I really hadn't. That could have been made clearer at the front desk.

But those are small quibbles. I liked the bustling nature of the hotel; there were constantly people around. The downtown location made it within walking distance of all of the places you'd want to reach downtown. There's a Starbucks on the first floor, if that's important to you.

Parking: Just self-park across the street. It's cheap and close. They make it try to sound like there's limited parking there, but we didn't have any problems.

Also really appreciated the large, spacious gym on the second floor!

Room Tip: Was told that the corner rooms, being at the end of the hall, are quieter. I imagine there are a lot...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at the Renaissance for Labor Day weekend. The hotel is older (not sure if it was older than the other hotels in the area), but it is updated well. Getting there was a breeze, as you can see the hotel from outside of downtown.

Our room was spacious, parking was cheap (it's $27 for valet; park in the garage across the street on weekends for $4 a day), but the service is what really made the stay. From check-in to check-out, everyone was polite, professional, and personable.

My only complaint is that the water pressure in the shower was less than stellar. We were only on the 10th floor (of over 20), I wonder how bad it was above...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Friends and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend. What an awesome location. No need for a car as you can walk to the Country Music Hall of Fame, The Arena, Broadway for food/drink! The rooms were clean and well appointed. We were granted an early checkin which is nice and also stored our luggage for a few hours after check out. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only issue---I cannot believe all these hotels still charge for wireless internet. They should be ashamed!

Room Tip: High floor==great views!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2012

If you want to be in downtown area near everything this is the hotel to be at. We went to Nashville for the South Carolina vs. Vandy game and had a great time. Upon arrival we did get our car valet parked, which is $27/day. The hotel is about 2 miles from the Vandy stadium if you don't mind walking it's not a bad walk. If not take a taxi and it will cost you about $5. Don't try to park down by the stadium a waste of gas. There are tons of bars, restaurants, and either in walking distance or you can catch a cab for $5. The décor of the hotel is nice. The room was small and the bathroom was outdated, but it was really clean. I did not like that the hotel did not have Wi-Fi in the room. You could purchase it for $13.95. Overall great location!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visit a new state each year for our anniversary. When we were checking into the Renaissance and they asked us about our reason for coming to Nashville, they upgraded us to an executive suite for our anniversary. Also, if you want to explore the many fascinating aspects of this truly American city, the hotel location is perfect. It is right in the heart of everything. The buffet breakfast was also very good to start your day.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles W
hcaldwell
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Rooms were very clean and all the staff had smiles and eager to help. The WIFI worked great! Not one complaint! Would stay again, walking distance to everything to see on Music Row. I felt completely safe as a solo traveler.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
little rock arkansas
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was solo in Nashville on a business trip and checked the rates of hotels I was familiar with in the Vanderbilt area which I like. They were really pricey - so I decided to try Priceline. I checked bidding for travel website first which gives you some guidelines. Unfortunately they group downtown hotels with Vanderbilt area - so I then went to Priceline and bid about $110 (I think) for a 4 star hotel and got the Renaissance. I was disappointed as I don;t really like the downtown area. I ended up really liking the hotel. I have no complaints except expensive parking - I parked a few blocks away on the street (and had to have the meter plugged or the car moved by 8 am). The room was attractive, very clean, the staff was exceptionally nice, bars, health club - everything very nice.

Room Tip: It is not easy to avoid the 30 buck parking fee. I parked a few blocks away for free but had to plug...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business