“Renaissance Nashville- Wonderful hotel!!”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Kansas City, Kansas
“Renaissance Nashville- Wonderful hotel!!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at the Renaissance Nashville for four days and the service was absolutely wonderful. From the security person who let me in my room when I locked my key inside, to the lady at the information desk at the convention center, everyone was absolutely wonderful and never for a moment made me think I was intruding on their time. I've never been to a city for that long where someone didn't rub me the wrong way, especially at the hotel, but not here. Plus the location of the Renaissance could not be any more perfect!!!

Room Tip: If given the choice, I'd choose to be on the side with a view of Bridgestone Arena...it's be...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

The best thing about this renaissance is its location in Nashville. It is walking distance to honky-tonk row to all the bars and shops. When I checked in I was given a king bed when I had previously requested a double. The clerk at the front desk fixed that problem and gave me a king room. When I got into the king room I could smell smoke and my
wife has allergies to smoke. I had to go back downstairs and request another room. The new Room was on the top floor and had a great view. This renaissance is okay on Cleanliness but is in need of Updating. I would stay here again mostly because of the location.

• Stayed October 2012
Troy, MI
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Love this property. We were greeted with friendliness upon stepping out of our cab, and it continued throughout our entire stay!

It is in the heart of downtown and it is full of fun energy. rooms were nice, great verrrrry comfortable beds and bedding. i read some other reviews that the rooms were dated but ours was not at all. we were on concierge level and that was very nice- yummy hot breakfast... water/soda all day long! Highly recommend, especially if you are gold. had a drink in the bridge bar, great view. will definitely be back!

Room Tip: try for concierge levels, or highest level possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Needham, MA
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Went to Nashville recently for family emergency. Book the hotel on the plane not really knowing what we were getting ourselves into. The Renaissance is a typical large business type hotel attached to the convention center. The location was close to the downtown attractions and had a parking garage across the street. Staff was very accommodating. They gave us good information on where to eat and what's do, even though it was very very busy there. The hotel is little bit older, the rooms are nothing special, however they serve a purpose. We looked at most of the other hotels in Nashville while we were there and really saw nothing that was that much better at this point in time. They are building a new Omni I believe in the future. The only other hotel I would've considered is the Hilton on fourth Street,it was a little fancier, With the two-room suite. However it was more costly and was more limited as far as amenities, smaller restaurant pool bar et cetera. The restaurant food in the evening was better than expected. The breakfast buffet was very average, and didn't change very much day to day., Although the staff was very accommodating including the great omelette makers. As I said, we probably visited every hotel in Nashville in the surrounding Irian for future places to Allyn all the Renaissance really did fit the bill for the price and had a reasonable value with lots of amenities and helpful staff. Go there and Enjoy the location and all of Nashville's tourist attractions are steps away.

• Stayed September 2012
boston, ma
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Very nice location. Walking distance to all the bars on Broadway. And take a left to the end of Broadway and walk over the large Pedestrian bridge to Titans Stadium. You get a great view of downtown while over the Cumberland River. The rooms were relatively large and comfortable. Parking is expensive, however it turns out the Public Library directly across the street has some of the cheapest parking rates in the city - with a overhead walkway to the Hotel! We didn't realize this until 3 days into our stay. You can park in front of hotel to check in, then just leave your car in the garage.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Stayed four nights for a conference. The room was nice, bed was comfortable. Very close to exciting nightlife and good concerts. The Ryman theater is next door. The hotel food was good and they gave 25% off to Silver Reward members. Starbucks in the lobby was nice. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Flat fee taxi to airport was good ($25). Try Pucketts on Church street for excellent bbq.

I never did get the wireless internet to work with my IPAD. That was frustrating. A few other minor issues - the seats in the bar area are showing their age and are not very comfortable, the first night was very loud (pretty thin walls) due to a basket ball team and track team in the hotel and the store is very expensive. Otherwise - a decent stay at a typical Renaissance.

Room Tip: My room was near the elevator and where people congregated. It got loud. Ask for one further away.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I was stunned that this is a 5 star hotel. There was no refrigerator or microwave. Most nice hotels I stay in are suites, these are one room. They have a bottle of Evian in the bathroom for $5. Most hotels have free internet...not this one $13.95. They don't put a USA today paper in front of your room...you have to go get it...the chair I sat in was falling apart. Th tv was small.. There was hardly any drawer space for clothes. They charge for parking. They had a coffe maker without a pot.The receptionist was really nice.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family