“Good location & friendly staff but mixed review”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Orlando, Florida
“Good location & friendly staff but mixed review”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel is in a good location just a short walk down the hill to Broadway but I don't think the facilities and accommodation were worth the $500 per night I paid for room only!. The staff were nice, they facilitated a very early check in for me. The room was average size and I had a good view over downtown Nashville. I requested a king room but got 2 double beds - however, I do understand that bed type is only a request. I had to ask for extra coffee as there were only 2 sachets & 2 cups provided. There was no mini-bar and the bottle of water in my room was $5 if I wanted it. I was surprised there was no complimentary bottled water. The linens were of good quality and nice and clean but the shower curtain in the bathroom was dirty and stained. I ate in the restaurant on my second night - the food just OK, I had the cheese soup, which was a bit like tinned soup and when they brought it to me they just plonked the bowl down in front of me - it wasn't on a plate and it had no roll or crackers. Then when they brought me my salad they just put that down at the side of my empty soup bowl, did not remove the bowl - so need a lesson in how to serve food I think. That said the restaurant host was very nice and friendly and Marriott reward members get 25% discount. They also have a Starbucks in the lobby but that was closed by 7.30pm. The elevators were very slow but I think the longest I waited was around 10 minutes, so I was lucky. Also parking is $30 per night!!!!! In summary I would consider it to be an average hotel - not what I had expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor overlooking Broadway
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This hotel was so convienent and hospitable. We especially appreciated the head bellman Marshall Rogers. we spoke with him a week prior to checking in and he helped receiving our cartons for the trade show in the convention center, He made our job of getting our goods to the exhibit Hall as simple as it could be. I felt that I was dealing with a friend. The rest of the staff at the hotel was equally as helpful and wonderful to deal with.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Renaissance in downtown Nashville on a 2 day pleasure trip. The employees are very friendly and knowlegeable. We arrived before 9am and while our room wasn't ready, the front desk employee was extremely helpful with suggestions of things to see and do downtown.
The hotel is only .3 to .5 of a mile to the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Johnny Cash museum and the Ryman Auditorium. We were able to see everything with no need for a cab or car. Broadway was a street away and we had a great time listening to the music and visiting the different bars and shops.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. Any request was handled immediately and again by very friendly employees.

The free breakfast promotion at the club level was a great benefit.

The Marriott company needs to spend some money on this location. It is very dated and the rooms while clean and comfortable are not Renaissance level.
The elevator situation was an issue for many people. We had no time constraints on our stay so we made a game of waiting for the 2 working elevators.

The wonderful employees at this location made the trip a great time.

Room Tip: if you don't want to wait forever for the elevators ask for a floor on a lower level
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Very accommodating and friendly. Our plane came in very early (10:30am) Not only were we able to check in early, but they gave us an upgrade to a suite for $80.00 less per night! I am not sure if they were overbooked, but it worked for us! I wish they had a shuttle to the airport. (the Nashville visitor guide I got said they did) The towels weren't very soft, but all the staff were helpful. The concierge gave great suggestions for restaurants. Walking distance to many attractions. Had a blast in Nashville!

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We stay here every time we go to downtown Nashville. I have to travel here for business frequently and my children enjoy the concerts at Bridgestone Arena this is a perfect location. It is within walking distance of all of the downtown attractions and music venues and eateries. The room service is good as well. Big downfall not enough elevators! Big connection=big wait!

• Stayed March 2013
El Segundo
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I recently spent 5 nights here on business while attending a trade show. The hotel is connected to the convention center which makes it very convenient. I had a room with a king bed and it was very spacious. I find Renaissance hotels provide iniformly good service and this one was no different. Breakfast in the restaurant was good, and Marriott members receive a 25% discount on all hotel meals excluding alcohol which is a good deal. You are within walking distance of all the places on Broadway, Bridgestone Arena, Country Music Hall of Fame, and Printers Alley. This is a solid choice when you visit Nashville

Michigan
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The location is excellent, especially if you enjoy the downtown touristy music scene. You are in easy walking distance to some very good restaurants, and a quick cab ride away from the gulch, where we enjoyed some wonderful food and nightlife. The hotel personnel are friendly and attentive, very helpful. The place itself is a bit worn, especially the rooms regarding the carpets and furnishings. For the price, an update is in order.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business