“LOCATION”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #12 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I went to Nashville for bar hopping and live music. This hotel was a perfect fit. The gentleman at the desk went over the layout of the city with us and gave advice and opinions on what we questioned, and was a great help. There had been comments re: slow elevators. They must be fixed or we got lucky every time we used them, because we had no issue at all while staying on the 14th floor. The room was a great size and I loved the Aveda products in the bathroom. We felt safe walking around the city day or night.
Would have been nice to have a continental breakfast, but the Starbucks on site worked too.
Already trying to find the time to go back and call this hotel for reservations!

Room Tip: Instead of paying $30 a day for valet, you can park across the street for $10 day and use the breeze...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,943)

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance one night on business. The staff was great. Everyone was very helpful and friendly and tried to go above and beyond.

The downfall is the hotel itself. My room need some improvement. The edge of the counter around the sink faucet in the bathroom appeared stained and dirty. The electrical outlets in the room were either coming out of the wall or the plug would not stay in because it was loose. I didn't have a remote in my room, but that was replaced after I called the front desk within 5 minutes. Once again, great staff, but an aged property. The walls are paper thin and I could hear my neighbors in the next room. Also, I know the front desk has safety deposit boxes, but I prefer a safe in my room for my jewelry and valuables, so I don't have to make a trip to the front desk everytime I want to get ready.

Plus side to the rooms is big closet, comfortable beds and good lighting.

The music in the elevator area is loud and obnoxious. We are in the Country Music capitol, why not play some current country music or some blues.

Breakfast in the restaurant was good. Plenty to choose from and once again staff went above and beyond bringing us juice, coffee and a signature smoothie to go with the buffet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank travelingcouplega
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious. The parking was plentiful, and there were many attractions that were in walking distance to the hotel. Fantastic bar, where Judy took excellent care of us. I highly recommend this hotel simply because of its location and Judy at Bridge Bar!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Loved our room-location is perfect to Broadway etc. Pool area had a lot of bachelorette parties going on so there were beer cans , towels, and food everywhere-my suggestion is to be a little bit more on top of that because you also have families staying there. room was really nice though-elevators took FOREVER though-that was a pain

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I had opportunity to stay here in conjunction with a national convention two weeks ago. In spite of being full to capacity, every employee, from the restaurant wait staff to the front desk receptionists to the concierge, they all took time with us and never made us feel like nameless faces . They really went out of their way to show a personal interest even though the place was bustling! And our room was quiet! We decided to stay an extra two nights after the convention was over to do some additional sightseeing. The hotel staff displayed the same gracious hospitality and demeanor to us after the convention as well as during. The taxis are a little pricey but worth it if you aren't accustomed to walking up and down hills. I highly recommend the Renaissance as well as the sights.

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator bay, but our room was so quiet we never noticed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was a mostly great stay. The staff was very good and the location can't really be beat. 1 block from the Ryman and 2 from the main strip. Many restaurants, bars, honky tonks, and more within short walking distance. Probably 8 blocks from the Riverfront. The parking garage across the street is only $12 per night if you self park vs. the $30 for the valet and the garage is connected via a skywalk called the bridge with a bar on it. The hotel was nice and clean though not quite up to the normal Renaissance standards that Marriott has. As many have wrote, the elevators were terribly slow but not the end of the world. All in all, I would stay again but I'm a bit surprised its a Renaissance and not a Marriott. The side of the hotel was mixed as well. Very good view of the strip but even on floor 22, we could hear some of the carry over music from the bars. Nothing too loud that it made much difference though. Worth a stay if you want to be downtown.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We made reservations several weeks in advance for their "club" floor. The rules were explained to us on Friday AM when we checked in for two nights (Open 6:30AM - 9:00AM and 5:30PM - 9:00PM).... When we went to the "Club" Friday afternoon we were informed that it was CLOSED ON THE WEEKEND. We insisted on a room-price reduction (which was granted, but only after significant persistance on our part).

In addition, we found the room safe was locked. When we called that in, a person arrived who said they couldn't unlock the some of their room safes, and this was one of them. When we spoke to the "hotel mamager" she went on at some length about how they were upgrading all their rooms and that problems like this would be dealt with as part of the upgrade. Apparently, she had NO CLUE why a current customer would wonder what difference that makes TODAY!

On Saturday AM, we depared the room at 09:45 AM, get it wasn't made up until after our return around 1:45PM. Egregious service.

We've been Marriott customers for over 30 years, but this astonishingly poor performace has changed that practice.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family