“Great staff but needs work”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Annapolis Maryland
“Great staff but needs work”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Having never been to Nashville, I tagged along with my wife on a recent business trip. We found the interior lobby cold and uninviting. Although a large space, there is little comfortable seating. We arrived in the afternoon and being hungry after an early morning start, decided to go to the the in-house restaurant for lunch. We were told that it stopped serving at 2pm, although it was 1:56 and they could not accommodate us. Overall, we found the hotel very dated and in need of renovation. We do understand that they are in the process of a complete renovation and that 2 of the floors had already been finished. The redeeming quality of this hotel is the staff. Having traveled the world, we can say that the staff here is one of the friendliest of any we have visited. Everyone had a smile and a greeting! Our housekeeper Yolanda Ramirez went out of her way to remove some stains that appeared to be blood on the toilet. ( turned out to be rust) and apologized profusely for the issue. She was both friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Garth,the bartender in the lobby bar was also very friendly and accomodating, sharing his famous fruit and pepper infused concoction for margaritas and mojitos. The location of the hotel is very convenient for most of the venues on Broadway and less than a block from the Ryman Auditorium. This place could be a four/five star hotel with some much needed renovation. They already have a great staff in place to make the transition.

Stayed October 2013
RenaissanceNash... M, General Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Ramb02-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy we had some shining stars during your stay, it sounds like Yolanda and Garth went above and beyond while you were with us. I do apologize we were not able to get your lunch when you first arrived, I will be sure to use this example as training with our staff. It is true we are currently under a room renovation, to date we have three floors complete and should have 4 by the end of next week. I hope your travels bring you back to Nashville and you will choose the Renaissance again, make sure you ask for a renovated room!
John Fleming-General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
Winchester, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed here several times and finally decided to review. This is my favorite place to stay in Nashville! The location is great- across the street from the Ryman auditorium and a block up from Broadway and the Bridgestone arena which means you can walk to almost everything. Super comfortable beds and clean rooms. The elevators can be slow and the decor is a little funky and starting to seem dated to some reviewers but I don't mind. What makes this hotel a great experience, besides the location, is the staff. Many of them have been here for years. Their friendliness and dedication to guests make this a special place to stay, even during busy times like CMA festival. Great burgers and sweet potato fries at the Bridge lounge and a fun place to stop for a drink. Special thanks to the concierge, Debra, who always goes out of her way to help and is ready with a smile! I believe the hotel is scheduled for renovations so I'm looking forward to seeing what's next. As long as they keep their super staff!

Room Tip: Upper floors have great views and king corner rooms are the best! If you want quiet stay on the fron...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Linda D
Linda D-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy to hear we are your favorite place to stay in Nashville! I am glad our staff is able to keep you coming back, and I will make sure to tell Deborah thank you for the great work she does. We have started a room renovation, so when you stay again ask to stay in one of our new renovated rooms. I am sure you will love them. The Renaissance Nashville looks forward to seeing you again!
Rockport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were here in June as part of a two week road trip. The service and location were great but I expected the rooms to be better since this is a Renaissance Hotel. They were ok. Our first room smelled as if someone had smoked in it. So they moved us right away. We had asked for a quiet room which it was the first night but the next day we saw a large group moving in and going back and forth to each other's room. We knew this was not going to be good. It turns out it was a wedding party. So they moved us again. Each room was ok but no more special than a Marriott Courtyard. Unfortunately while we were there they were working on the elevators and we often had very long waits to get to our room. Breakfast each morning was excellent and the restaurant was lovely. Also, it was a short walk to almost everywhere we went so we hardly moved the car while we were there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SherandPat
SherandPat-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I apologize about having to move rooms, twice, while staying with us. Since your stay we started a rooms renovation and have completed three floors, when you come back you will have to request a new renovated room. Also our elevators renovation is almost complete, we have 4 of our 5 elevators done. With 4 new elevators we have seen the waits for elevators decrease. I hope you will visit the Renaissance Nashville again, and see our new rooms!
Tyrone, Georgia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a great location. Far enough to be away from the noise, but also be close enough to walk to the music. I recommend using the parking garage across the street due to the cost of valet. Rymen is two blocks away. River is 3 blocks away. Good eating around you. Music all day too! Country Hall-a-frame is two blocks away and worth a trip for first timers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cordon J-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy to hear our location fit your trip to Nashville and you were able to experience a lot of what our great city has to offer. I hope you will return to Nashville in the future and choose to stay at the Renaissance Nashville.
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My room on the 21st floor was lovely with a very comfy bed with nice linens, work station, and adequate lighting. The view of downtown was very nice. Room amenities were also nice. It was quiet and very clean. Would defiantly recommend! It was also nice to be able to walk downtown easily.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Marymohn-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy to hear your room was nice comfy with a great view. I hope your travels will bring you back to Nashville and the Renaissance.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is my second time to Nashville and first time staying at the The Renaissance hotel and I will definitely stay there again. We stayed there 10/18-10/20 the hotel was sold out but the PM Front Desk Manager Ben, went above and beyond to exceed our expectations throughout the entire stay. We were in town for a wedding and there were three of us staying in the room. Ben personally made sure we received best possible accommodations considering how busy the hotel was.

The room we had was a regular size room but it was lovely. The room was just renovated, fresh, and clean. Kudos to the housekeeping staff for doing such an outstanding job.

The food and beverage department was on point. We took advantage of the 24 hour room service both nights we were there. Our orders were brought up in a timely fashion and the food was delicious.

What really made this stay special was the little things; the staff in the lobby were very welcoming and friendly and gave us a great brunch recommendation on Saturday.

Furthermore, when it was colder than we expected Ben went out of his way to arrange for my girlfriend to have a cup of hot tea late at night to warm her up. When spending time and money at a hotel, it's the little things that make the trip. Ben and the rest of the Nashville Renaissance staff made our stay and experience at the Renaissance so wonderful. As frequent traveler I was beyond impressed with the level of service.

Room Tip: Ask for Ben, the PM front desk night manager... He is outstanding.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Luv2travel4fun123
RenaissanceNash... M, General Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Luv2travel4fun123-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about Ben and Renaissance Nashville, I am happy to hear our whole staff were welcoming and friendly. Ben was able to go above and beyond for you, I am glad he was able to make your night by getting your girlfriend a hot cup of tea. I do agree it is the little things that make trips and I happy to hear Ben was able to that. I hope your travels bring you back to Nashville and the Renaissance!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Was there for a conference. the rooms are spacious the hotel was big easy to navigate great location.the service was friendly and they had a Starbucks and bar in the hotel the only negative was that the hotel was always very cold.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Chickletz1013-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy to hear our hotel fit your traveling needs. I hope you will choose to stay at the Renaissance Nashville if your travels bring you back to Nashville.