“Nice hotel in downtown Nashville”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel in downtown Nashville”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a nice hotel. The staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful, and our room was clean and large with a great view (on the 22nd floor).

We arrived at 9pm, and the restaurant was just closing, which sort of surprised me. They have a bar with sandwiches and light fare on the 3rd floor (a very beautiful space, by the way) which is open a bit later, and 24 hour room service.

We had the breakfast buffet, which I think is the way to go. A better value than ordering off the menu.

There didn't seem to be any stores in the hotel, ie for toiletries, magazines, etc.

The location was very convenient. It is very near Bridgestone Arena, Ryman Auditorium, and Broadway.

Room Tip: They are apparently renovating, so it would probably be good to ask which rooms are the most updated...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rajalance
RenaissanceNash... M, General Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
rajalance-Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy you were able to enjoy stay at the Renaissance Nashville. I apologize no one was able to point out our gift shop, which is located on the second floor. We hope you will come back to stay with us, in a renovated room!
John Fleming-General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
Alabama
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Our room was on the 21 floor, it was nothing more than a basic hotel. First of all, it was about 25 degrees out on a Saturday night and we pull up to the front and there are 5 guys out there huddled up and just look at me when I open the door and go in. Secondly, I walk to the front desk and the gilt at the front desk was very friendly, this along with the location was the ONLY good things about the hotel....I asked the desk where to park and she said valet was $30 or just around the corner was the same parking deck attached to the hotel and that the weekend rate was $5 . I really had high expectations due to some reviews I had read previously to going. Very easy check in and check out! Got room key and the elevator ride up I expected a nice hotel, my wife and I got off elevator and the smell of mold was very strong! I opened the room door and smell was still bad and it looked like....every other room I have ever stayed in....double bed and a tv and a very basic bathroom with no water pressure....nothing like I had pictured....anyway I came to terms with the basic bla of the room...we went downtown and returned to the room around 11:00 got in bed and although I would say the hotel was less than 1/4 booked apparently the 21st floor had all the parties going on. The walls appeared to be paper thin and the doors very loud as they are slammed shut next to you. I am a very patient person that has never called anyone to complain and I can't believe I did but I called the front desk and asked if they could say something to them after an hour and a half. Security came and I could hear the conversation as if we were in the same room. But they did quiet down and I was able to sleep in my mediocre bed. But I did find a coupon the next morning for a free coffee for my troubles...I did redeem it instead of the $20 breakfast buffet...I will never stay here again unless it's necessary. VERY DISSAPOINTED

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoBraves09
GoBraves-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I apologize your stay here was not worth the price. I would like to speak with you about your stay, please feel free contact me are john.fleming@renaissancehotels.com
Maine, US
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I really liked this hotel and have no specific complaints, however I'm surprised that it is a 4 star hotel as it didn't overly impress me. The price though was also not as high as a 4 star hotel typically is. The staff was super friendly-the room was clean and updated-although not all of the floors are, so request one that is. NO free wifi in the rooms. The valet parking is 30$ but always had the car ready within minutes. The bar was great and the restaurant is decent. The location is great for the Ryman, country music hall of fame and the honky tonks-really could not get much better with the location. I suppose the size of the room/bathroom is what I was under impressed by, as everything else was good!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Katie1128-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad our staff was super friendly and our valet staff was able to have your car ready within minutes. We hope your travels bring you back to Nashville and you will choose the Renaissance Nashville.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We came to Nashville on a last-minute trip for Thanksgiving. Our host at check-in, Chase, was really delightful. I'm not sure I've used that word to describe someone's service before, but it's truly the best way I can describe it. He was very helpful, asked a lot of questions about our plans so he can try to help us. He even went out of his way to help us find a cool place to have thanksgiving dinner and brought us a list to our room. The best part of it is he did it all very genuinely.

Every one we encountered at the hotel smiled and greeted us. I had coffee down at the Starbucks, and Abbey was very friendly. She smiled, and was very cheerful.

Our room was clean, and everything worked.

We are glad we chose this hotel for our first time to Nashville, it truly made a great impression.

Thanks you again, Chase!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CameraCooks
CameraCooks-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville and about Chase. I am glad to hear he was able to take care of all your needs, I will make sure to tell him thank you! We hope you will travel to Nashville again and chose the Renaissance Nashville.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I hosted our annual HR conference at this site and found the staff to be fantastic! Everyone from the banquet captain, Ehab, to the setup crews did everything we asked and made the event comfortable and smooth-running. The food was better than you might expect from a hotel which, as a frequent traveller, always notice. The location was great and our attendees enjoyed experiencing the downtown events which were all just a block of two away.

Thanks for making our event a memorable one!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Letsgo11-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad our staff was fantastic and banquet captain, Ehab was able to make your HR event a success. I will be sure to tell them all thank you. I hope your travels will bring you back to the Renaissance Nashville.
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This was our second year staying at the Renaissance Nashville for our CMA girls trip. Not only is this our favorite hotel to stay at for convenience purposes, as it is close to downtown, we also love the staff. Check in is a breeze and the front desk is always so friendly and helpful. This year Ashley and Marques made our trip and our stay perfect! We loved them from the moment we met. They were friendly and happy to help with our crazy requests. We consider them friends.
Two other names I would Like to mention are Mark the bellman and "G". Super nice and eager to help.
The rooms are clean and the food is good. Can't say enough about this hotel and the staff. We feel at home there. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: I personally like the view from the higher floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Danielle J
Danielle J-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad to hear this isn’t your first time staying with us, it sounds like everyone on our staff has made you choose the Renaissance. I will be sure to tell Ashley, Marques, Mark and Girma “G” thank you for making a difference in your stay. Next year we will have the high floor rooms renovated!
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Renaissance is an excellent brand, but I was very disappointed in my recent 5 night visit. What should separate a 3* from a 4* hotel in my mind, was service. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros -
recently rennovated
(but not all rooms)
clean
nicely appointed
1 restaurant
1 small sports-type bar with sandwiches
1 Starbucks
bell staff was outstanding.

Cons:
Rude, arrogant staff member checked me in. Said he was a supervisor but had to check with his boss to figure out my room rate even after I showed him the reservation.

A $200+ room should be able to afford to make the wifi free. I've stayed in numerous 3* and even some 2* hotels with free wifi. (Can someone explain this to me? Why do the high priced hotels do this?)

Plumbing problem. Warm and sometimes hot water - out of the cold tap. Shower was so hot one night I couldn't even stand under it (btw, that was when the shower was on full cold.)

Maintenance man came and said he could fix the hot/cold problwm, but not until tomorrow, and he suggested I call the front desk again in the morning to make sure it was scheduled. (What? You're not going to do your job and schedule it? You don't trust your staff enough so they'll do their job? How does this even happen in a newly rennovated room - you didn't test it?)

Most 3* rooms that I've been in the last few years provide a few basics for free: refrigerator, microwave, coffe maker. Here, I got a refrigerator that would only maintain a 43 degree temperature, no microwave, but there was a coffeemaker.

Most 3* hotels provide at least a continental breakfast, and sometimes more. This hotel? Nothing.

A $200+ hotel should provide valet parking at a reasonable rate. Not here, twice the going rate for downtown parking.

Not particularly fond of lumpy mattresses.

Sorry Renaissance, you just didn't cut the mustard this time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank aintnorock
Aintnorock-Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad your trip with us had some good points but it looks like your cons out weigh the pros. I would like to talk to you about your stay, please feel free to contact me at john.fleming@renaissancehotels.com .