“Free, Shouldn't Complain But...”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #12 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Just because if you read nothing else you need to know this, Rashad at the restaurant downstairs was awesome. Even snuck me some corn muffins to take back to my room. And the steak at the restaurant was wonderful. My friend said one of the best he's had and he fancies himself a conassieur.
Now for the hotel. They checked us in at the speed of light. Which would normally be a good thing except we werent asked if there wasnsome info we might want, which we did. Room service hours, restaurant hours, didn't even know there was a gift shop until I accidentally stumbled upon it. One concierge was helpful, one wasn't.
There's a Starbucks to the left of the lobby but it's only open 6 to 6. That's the story with this hotel for every good thing there was an equal bad thing. Gift shop people were nice and there is a Panera a block away. And two blocks up is the downtown area with some great food. No one at the hotel could tell me any of these things. Thank you yelp. Oh and they charge for wifi. I find that ridiculous. I got this free becaise my friend was here at a conference. If I had paid, they MIGHT get 2 stars.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
RenaissanceNash... M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

SKHill-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad to hear Rashad was able to take extra care of you and get some of the wonderful corn muffins to take back to you room. I would also like to apologize for your experience at check and with one of our concierge. We will be sharing this with our front desk team, it’s a great learning and we will be able to use this as an example for training.
Jennifer Frandsen-Manager Room Operations

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Make sure to visit the bridge restaurant and bar and ask for Judy. The food and drinks are outstanding but what really makes the bridge standout is the service. Judy was amazing. With the whole place buzzing and her covering more tables than anyone ever should, she still made us feel like we were the only ones in the place. Thank Judy for making the Renaissance a must stay property for us when we are in town.

Room Tip: New rooms after renovation - very nice
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
RenaissanceNash... M, General Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Tom E-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy to hear Judy was able to get you taken care of on a busy night. I will be sure to tell her “thank you.” I hope your travels bring you back to the Renaissance Nashville, sooner than later.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great service from all staff, good breakfast buffet at the first floor restaurant and a nice place called Bridge at third floor where my Husband and I stop for drinks and watch the games every night. Very comfy room with a mini fridge and a great view. I will highly recommend this hotel.
I will like to thanks Justin Brewster for a great service while we stop at the bridge!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Alda G-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad our staff throughout the hotel was able to take care of you, it sounds like Justin made your stop at the bridge. I hope your travels bring you back to Nashville and you will choose the Renaissance Nashville

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at this property for a seminar. Great service from ALL staff the food in meeting rooms was wonderful. They have 2 restaurants and 1 Starbucks. The breakfast buffet is a tad pricey and alacarte items for breakfast a tad pricey. Lunch and dinner fine. The valet parking is outrageously pricey but you can take your car in and out whenever at no extra charge. The self parking garage across the street is 10 dollars per day. But you must pay that 10 dollars every time you move your car. Also there are NO drawers to unpack in which was a problem when we were there for 1 week,

Room Tip: Ask for recently refurbished
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

MiamiGrammie3-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy to hear you had great service from all the staff and food in your meeting rooms was wonderful. It sounds like you were able to enjoy our hotel and all it has to offer. I hope your travels bring you back to the Renaissance Nashville.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Our bellboy said that we got one of the newly updated rooms here. Dark wood furniture with pops of lime green around the room, even in the bathroom. White quartz tops in the bath, desk, and nightstand. Wealso had a mini fridge which was handy. Our room was on the 16th floor with a great view of Bridgestone Arena. My husband had a conference at the Convention Center which is connected to the hotel. My only complaint is the bed is too soft for my liking. I highly recommend this hotel which is in a great downtown location, walkable to dining. Valet parking is pricey but there is a new garage across the street that is affordable.

Room Tip: We had a king suite that was on the corner facing the arena. We did hear a train horn several time...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
RenaissanceNash... M, General Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Gigglebox-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated rooms. We have added a fridge and safe to all our rooms and we think it’s handy as well. We hope to see you again at the Renaissance Nashville.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I was upgraded to the 16th floor, executive level. Two large windows, one being a corner window and both with a nice view of the downtown area. The room was large as well as a very good size bathroom with large shower and jacuzzi. Many restaurants and bars within walking distance. A bit pricey during events and holidays.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dan L-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad you were able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms and un upgraded one. We hope your travels will bring you back to the Renaissance Nashville.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was supposed to stay at this hotel but was booted to another hotel because they were full. I had a reservation and confirmation but because of renovations I was pushed out to another hotel. Very unprofessional. Stay here if you want to be made to feel like a piece to trash! Customer service training needed!

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Southerncharming
RenaissanceNash... M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Southerncharming-I would like to speak with you about your experience here at our property. I apologize you were made to feel unwelcome and our staff was unprofessional. I do know from the front desk we have not relocated any of our arriving guest due to our renovation so I would like more information. Please feel free to contact me at Jennifer.frandsen@renaissancehotels.com so I can find out more. Thank you
Jennifer Frandsen-Manager Room Operations