“weekend trip with friends” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Nashville Hotel

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #14 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
“weekend trip with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel was in a perfect location it's a bit pricey but that's what your paying for. Rooms were better then I expected. There's a starbucks in the lobby also. Hotel is right around the corner from broadway walking distance to all the great bars in nashville. It's called music city for a reason all the bars have live bands starting at 11am. Overall a fun place to visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Marina was who I spoke with to make my reservation and she was so pleasant and helpful. Ashley was who checked us in and she was very nice and sweet. I have to say between these 2 girls and the Manager Justin they made me feel so important and not like just another traveler or tourist. I was extremely particular and pretty much high maintenance. Not only was everyone accommodating they helped me pleasantly and with a smile. Normally with my demands upon checking in people are not very welcoming at all. Justin, Marina and Ashley all made sure I got my requests. I have to say wonderful management and wonderful staff. We had such a great time we came back 3 days later for another a stay. The location could not be better. Next time I am in Nashville I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 21st floor and had absolutely beautiful views of the city.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was my first stay at a Renaissance. I stayed March 13-16, 2014; this was the hotel booked by my school as I was participating in Commencement. This hotel is excellent in service (outstanding), quality of rooms (beautiful), and cleanliness of rooms. The bed was perfect and I absolutely love their towels (better than Marriott IMO). You must stay in the room with the upgraded shower (no tub); I love the drain and was inviting my guests to come to my room just to see the shower! Also, unlike other Marriott's, they open their concierge lounge for a continental breakfast on Sat and Sun. I suggest they consider adding meat (did have eggs which is why I didn't say protein) on the weekend also as with Marriott, when Platinum's eat breakfast in the restaurant on Sat-Sun, they have the option to pay a few dollars ($3 or $4) to have meat. Or, they can opt to get 750 points per weekend day if they don't want breakfast. Because of the lack of meat and no pay for meat option, I didn't eat breakfast Sat-Sun. If I were in a Marriott, I would've received 1,500 points for choosing not to eat breakfast Sat-Sun.

Super shout out to Ashley at front desk, Ana in housekeeping, Mark (Navigator), and the lady that worked in the Concierge Lounge at breakfast time on Sun Mar 16 2014 (forgive me, I forgot her name) as they were beyond awesome!!! Really you won't go wrong at this hotel as all staff I encountered were great.

The ONLY not so good part about this hotel is...food; which is why I rated it 'very good' as opposed to 'excellent.' The hotel lives up to its Category 7 rating. However, the hotel's food is about a Category 3 level. I ate in the restaurant in the lobby three times and had a banquet meal. If you want to maximized your experience, eat OUTSIDE the hotel. There are tons of places within walking distance.

If I'm ever in Nashville again, I shall stay at the Renaissance again.

Room Tip: Get a room with the upgraded shower (if you don't mind not having a tub).
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were so warmly welcomed by the bellman and front desk staff, they started our vacation off so well! We were greeted by name and asked about our travel, little things that make a big difference. Front desk realized we were in town for a hockey game and 5k race and quickly gave us fun tips per our interests. We booked a corner room for 3 nights over a very busy weekend- Opry's 40th anniversary, Blues vs. Preds game, St. Patrick's Day, Spring Break, etc. and the staff was on their game!

Our room was clean and welcoming but I will have to agree with another reviewer on the adjoining rooms issue. We had an adjoining room which was tolerable until the last night when our neighbors decided to take loud phone calls and pack their bags at 4am. We'd heard conversations in the room next to us several times throughout the weekend but they had always seemed courteous not to be too loud.. apparently they gave up that courtesy the last night. No fault of the hotel's, but would definitely request a non-adjoining room next time.

We used the fitness center and got drinks at the Bridge lounge. Seating is fun in the lounge and beers/food were okay but I was not impressed with my cocktails. They were fine but for $10 you expect more than fine. :) No worries, we were just there for a pre-dinner drink so we happily continued on to our evening destinations.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again ourselves.

Room Tip: Request a high-floor to have a better view and to avoid the street noise. Request a non-adjoining r...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 276MarieM
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

The location of this hotel is fine, just a short walk down to Broadway and the Ryman is right around the corner. There is self parking across the street but be aware that if there is a large show at one of the arenas (which are close by as well), the parking gets tight. The staff at the hotel were fine, helpful and courteous.Rooms were fine, typical of this sort of hotel. Cleaning could have been better, vacuuming was spotty.The hallway needed a vacuuming as well. The
hotel restaurant was OK,but nothing to rave about, and the Starbucks located there is, well...
a typical Starbucks. Gym and indoor pool are OK, and there is a patio off the pool where you can catch some Sun. You shouldn't be eating there anyway, go out to one of the many great restaurants in the city. Some you can walk to others are a short ride away. My biggest complaint was the noise factor. If you wind up in a room with a door to the adjoining room, it is unacceptable. It as if the folks in the next room are sitting on the next bed in your room. I'm not talking about noisy, crazy people, either. Regular conversations at a normal volume are completely heard in the next room. I couldn't take it and was moved to a room without an adjoin g door. I have never stayed in Marriott with this sort of problem. Actually, I have never stayed in any other hotel with this sort of problem.The hotel needs some updating and it needs to address this noise issue.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DJC52014
RenaissanceNash... M, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
DJC52014-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I apologize your stay wasn't up to your or our standards. I would like to speak with you about your stay, please feel free to contact me at jennifer.frandsen@renaissancehotels.com.
Jennifer Frandsen-Manager Room Operations
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was not haven a good day at the hotel but MR. MILLER the night police help me and my family have a good time. he want out him way to help us have a good time and fine out what we needed so I am vary thankful for his help.

Room Tip: need more TV channels that's free for kids
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Very helpful and friendly front desk staff. They had great advice about what to see and do in Nashville. The room we had was a corner suite which had been recently renovated, very nice and clean. The location is excellent, allowing us to park and walk everywhere we wanted..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple