“Great Experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Nashville Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #14 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the way to our vacation destination and were very happy with the stay. The hotel was very nice and what a great location! We easily walked the block to the main strip of bars/restaurants. There was actually a Barbie convention going on when we were there but never did we feel unimportant. There was even a live band playing when we arrived, on a Tuesday night! We stayed at the Hyatt place downtown on the return drive and if I had to choose I would have gone back to the Renaissance. Worth the money! The only reason I did not give top rating is price was high, parking rates were high and some missing amenities.

Stayed July 2014
Mark G, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thanks for being our guest and for providing your feedback. Our central location truly allows our guests to discover downtown very easily. Glad you were able to take in some of the live music we provide on our Bridge. There is alot of talent in Nashville and we enjoy showcasing this to our guest.
Thanks again and see you soon.
Director of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I attend many conventions each year and the hotels are often overwhelmed. This hotel is the best convention hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying. The employees worked very hard to monitor the needs of the conventioneers and make sure that everyone had a great experience. It started with our check-in. Our room was ready on time and all the requests I had made were honored including being near the elevator and having a feather-free room. They also told us about the great discount for being a Marriott rewards member. You get 25% off at hotel restaurants except for the Starbucks and alcoholic drinks. We had the breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffet during our stay and they were all a very good value with lots of choices including some of the best fruit I have ever had anywhere. We had reserved a private room for a lunch and the staff was very good. The participants loved the pasta bar at lunch.

The room was designed with the needs of the guest in mind. They had a great shelf in the bathroom so you could keep most of the sink area clear. There was a full-size mirror in the room. The nightstand had a drawer and a storage area below it. There was lots of desk space too. We had a chair and side table as well. The beds were very comfortable. I have found that Marriott hotels have some of the best beds. The refrigerator worked great. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room and providing plenty of towels each day.

The location of the hotel is good if you want to get around Nashville. I was surprised by how many hills there are so be prepared for that. If you go about two blocks away to Church St. there are some great restaurants including Puckett's. There is also a very good Chinese restaurant on the same street but it is only open Monday-Friday during lunch hours. There are some restaurants that deliver to the hotel but the list they gave had some with really bad ratings. We found one called Tazza, also on Church St, and the food was really good. For some reason, the hotel wouldn't let them deliver to the room and I had to go down to the front desk. Other restaurants were able to deliver upstairs so I am not sure what was going on that evening. If you go another block past Puckett's, there is a grocery store (HG Hill Urban Market). We bought our drinks and some snacks and sandwich items to have during our stay. Their prices are slightly higher than our local grocery stores but much less than convenience stores or hotels.

We were able to walk a few blocks to the Country Music Hall of Fame. There are lots of bars and music on Broadway. The airport is only a 15 minute ride away.

Room Tip: The rooms were all good size and had great views of Nashville.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WOW, it sounds like you had a blast in Music City. from start to finish, you hit it all. Thanks for the great feedback, I look forward to sharing it with all of our associates. Let us know if we can assist you with future reservations back at our hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Came here for a week long convention and can't say enough positive things about this hotel. From the friendly staff at check in to Seth in security helping me with luggage as I left it was all PERFECT!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for being our guest during your convention, we enjoyed having you and allowing our associates to be of service. Great shout out to Seth, I look forward to personally thanking him for a job well done. Hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great Barbie Convention. Very nice location great hospitality from the hotel employee.As you know the name Ken is very important to Barbie World and now me too, I was helped by and Giant Security officer Ken. I was in distress and Ken immediately so my frustration while I was waiting on the elevator. I was have and low blood sugar moment and he whisked me away in his special elevator and made me feel so special. Thanks again I just love this Place. We should make this Barbie convention central.

Green Features: Very nice and Clean Hotel, lots of nice plants and trees at location.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our family loves the Nashville Firework Display on July 4. We wanted to avoid traffic so we chose to stay at the Renaissance. They were upfront with us stating that you cannot see the fireworks from their hotel. I appreciated the great communication.

We checked in and the front desk staff was very friendly to our young boys. The hotel was very busy due to the 4th but check in was flawless. We had easy access to Broadway which was 1 block away.

The hotel was clean and updated. The colors were vibrant. The bed was soft and luxurious. We called ahead and requested a view over Broadway and received our request.

Parking can be expensive so we parked in the public parking garage located directly across the street. In fact, the hotel has a restaurant on the bridge that connects the hotel to the garage.

The only problem we encountered was trying to get to our room after the fireworks. The elevators were slammed and there was a 20 minutes wait to get on an elevator.

My sons love to swim and they used the indoor pool. The hotel does have a tanning deck. The exercise room overlooks pool and they have plenty of equipment to do a Crossfit or Yoga type workout.

Our family throughly enjoyed this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank LeePartyofFour
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

After discovering the VRBO we rented was sketchy, we went to the Renaissance Marriott. Ben Williams at the front desk gave us the best Nashville welcome! He was awesome, friendly and provided great service! Ben & Marriott totally turned our trip into a great experience! Everyone at the hotel was friendly! Including Steve who gave us a ride to a recommended restaurant. The room was clean and updated. I felt safe staying there. The location was a short walk to Broadway and the view from our room was great! I will definitely stay here again when in Nashville! Thanks Ben - you are awesome!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank StaceyKC
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The staff at this hotel are simply superb, Marina at the front desk is an asset to any business, a 10 out of 10. Her boss must be very proud.The Hotel is downtown, 2 mins from all the action and yet very quiet, a perfect combination. The fitness room and pool area is very clean and up to date. I would highly recommend this hotel for families , romantic couples or simply business travel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family