“Great experience Nashville Renaissance”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #12 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 3 August 2014

great experience especially with Andrew Atkins III, head concierge. All his recs were perfect and we enjoyed our experience. The hotel is wonderful and the rest of the staff excellent as well. Helpful, polite, friendly and courteous! The place to stay in Nashville.

Evelyn from Boston

Room Tip: all rooms good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,946)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This may be hard to believe, but the fact is that I had never sat at a bar and ordered a drink in my entire fifty plus years until my visit to the Renaissance Hotel in Nashville. I stopped one night on the third floor to order a glass of wine and Claudette, Naser, and Jeremy were so nice and helpful in providing choices for me, that I decided to return the following night to actually sit down at the bar and order drinks. Yes! Drinks! I returned once I saw Claudette and Naser were working the next day and ordered two more. That night I visited Johnny Kimball at the Lobbies bar and he made me a delicious cocktail. I tried drinks that were yummy, but the service and personalities of the staff, including the Managers were outstanding. I usually only have wine, but this was nice. I had my drinks at night so that I could go to the fifth floor and go to bed. It will be back to wine when I return home, but I enjoyed myself. They made me feel comfortable. Thanks to all of you. Sincerely, Wendy

Room Tip: Always ask for a room away from any construction areas. There was construction outside, and I could...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Not sure if was just summer vacationers, but the hotel was packed. Concierge floor was booked, but we did go there for breakfast, and am pretty sure most of the hotel was there was well. It was messy, crowded and not the business concierge level you would expect Monday through Friday (this was on a Saturday morning). Valet is $32, but Nashville parking is a major hassle, so I happily paid that. It is perfect walking distance to the mayhem on Broadway. I heard a guest say he was pick pocketed standing in front of the hotel, that made me uneasy. The room was well appointed although the shower took 15 minutes to drain, there was an old washcloth left from a previous guest hanging in there, and the floor was not exactly clean. The bed was comfy, the location can't be beat. But now that I have done the Broadway thing, I probably won't go to Downtown again. Next time the hip West or East end or the Vandy area would be fun!

Room Tip: Knowing how jammed packed the concierge breakfast was on a Saturday morning, I don't think I wou...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just finished a 6 day trip to Nashville for a convention. From the moment we arrived the staff was very friendly and helpful. Very quick check in and elevators just off of the lobby in front of the Starbucks made for easy assess to hotel rooms.
Room very modern but comfortable(had a boutique feel to rooms), TONS of outlets, a full length mirror near the window and light, refrigerator, in room safe and plenty of room to have two suitcase stands out in the room and still space to relax and get around. Beds were comfortable and as per trend just a little high for the average person to get in and out of. The room temp was great and cool so you could relax after being out in the warm (humid) summer weather. Temps in the Hotel hallways were warmer so it made getting into your room nice.
We were in room 2020 which had a view of Broadway and we could see the lights and just make out the sound of some of the music. If you are a lite sleeper the higher floors or rooms away from Broadway are for you. Housekeeping was quick and efficient. They always made sure we had enough coffee, toilet paper and towels. The first day due to convention activities the housekeeper just changed our towels, the one bed and emptied the trash while we were there since we were going to be in and out of the room briefly all day. Later in our stay they even came back and did a second quick empty of trash and fresh towels. (Wow, never when traveling for convention had we had this from any hotel.) Coffee cups are disposable and wrapped regular glasses in room are not wrapped just setting out. Coffee maker the standard one cup makers in most rooms now. Ice located just off of the elevator area.
Hotel restaurant offers buffet breakfast and was good but we opted for Starbucks most mornings and there is a Panera on the other side of the convention center. They did have menus from local restaurants Caesar's Italian delivers to the hotel and has no minimum order amount. Yummy!
Valet service quick and efficient. If you are a self park kind of person garage is just across the street from the hotel entrance and it is were they do the valet park. So you don't have to wander around in a strange city after dark trying to park your car.
Check out was quick and efficient also.
Look forward to another trip to Nashville and another stay at the Renaissance.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from Broadway are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Mark G, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences while staying at The Renaissance Nashville Hotel. From reading your post, it sounds like you truly enjoy you room, the hotel and downtown Nashville. We have recently completed a total guest room renovation and I apprecaite you pointing out all the fantastic amenities we have to offer our guests.
Thanks again and see you soon!
Regards

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Every member of the Renaissance staff had my best interests at heart. I was attending the National Barbie Doll Collector's convention. The hotel staff was friendly and very efficient in meeting all of our needs. I volunteered for the convention in the raffle room and I was the Chair of the Holidays Lounge. The crew that set up our rooms were fast, friendly, and very easy to work with. They were quick to share their expertise and never questioned when we made changes. The room maids were quick to meet all our needs. The serving staff in the banquet room worked quickly in tight quarters and remained friendly and focused. I'd also like to add that the food served by the hotel was wonderful. We ate in the bar several times and the club. Again, great servers, high quality food, and the prices were more than reasonable. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel for business or pleasure. Thanks again for being such great Nashville hosts and hostesses.

Room Tip: If you can afford a suite, go for it! The amenities really make it worthwhile!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krissa B

Thank you for spending the week with us during the Barbie Doll Collectors convention. We really enjoyed hosting this event and having you as our guest. You kind words will be shared with our entire team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The room was dirty. The counter in the bath had a layer of dust on the rear third - apparently they only wipe down the front half of the counter. The "clean" glasses upended on the cardboard coasters had crud stuck to the inside. Checking under the bed for a lost item raised a cloud of dust, as did pulling back the window curtain. Yuk.

You would think that a hotel that is attached to the convention center would know how to handle a large group. The Renaissance Nashville failed on several counts. First, they could not find our confirmed reservation, and then were unable to accommodate us on one of the 5 floors set aside for our group of 800 attendees. Huge disappointment! Elevator waits were routinely 20 to 30 minutes. Banquet service was sub-par. We had one meal where they just forgot to serve the desert course to a couple tables, And the restaurant had absolutely the slowest service I have ever had anywhere in the world. Seriously - that is not an exaggeration. The waiter seemed completely clueless - as did the manager.

The shining stars of the service were the bell-persons/concierge team. They handled this crowd, and their extensive boxes, bags, and cases of their collections like a well oiled machine. Kudos to this crew - they are the only reason that I did not give a terrible rating on service.

But overall this hotel was an overpriced disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TravlingalDetroit
Mark G, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences while staying at our hotel. It appears from reading your post that we were unable to deliver up to your expectations in several areas of our service and for that I apologize. Please be assured that all your comments will be shared with our Management team and actions will be taken to avoid a reoccurrance. I would welcome the opportunity to further our discussion, regarding your visit, to ensure any outstanding issues have been resolved. Thank you again for being our guest and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I met up with an old college roommate at this hotel. We started at the 3rd floor bar and was not happy with the service, honestly. Then we went to some local bars and a nice place for dinner. We returned back to the hotel and decided to stop by at the lobby bar instead of 3rd floor. We loved Johnny Kimball the bartender. Excellent!!! I travel all around the country with my husband and I appreciate and instantly recognize a good, well-rounded bartender! AAAA+++++ in my book. Thanks Johnny!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lynnekiki

Thank you for your comments and let me apologize for the lack of service you received in the Bridge. I was excited to hear that Johnny in our Lobby Bar saved the day and turned things around for you and your guests. Feedback is vital to our success and I thank you for providing yours to us.