“Great Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Houston, Texas
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I was there for 3 days. I like the hotel is close to everything.
Don't pay for parking you can park you car right across from the hotel for $10.
The concierge lounge was clean and very busy. Great food.
Speaking of food they have the best peach pie with vanilla ice cream salted I have ever tasted. Will most diff go back for that. I'm not sure why they don't warm it up I didn't like that it would be so much better.

The only the I didn't like was they didn't have much LifeTime nor could you move TV to hook up gaming systems. I would stay for a long visit. I need to be able to hook up ports to the TV to do special work out from my doctor.

But all over it was a great stay I would recommend and return.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are better
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Nicely furnished hotel conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Nashville. You can easily walk to Broadway to check out all the live music. On weekends there's a spike in people traffic for bachelor/bachelorette parties.

Room Tip: If you can get a good deal on a room ($160 or less), I'd recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. Not a far walk from Broadway. Its got some spectacular views of the downtown area. It does tend to be on the pricey side for a hotel stay.. however, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking Broadway
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tavares, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed here for a four day conference. The meals were provided by the hotel. Being a Celiac I have to watch my diet closely. The hotel prepared my dishes and kept them separate from the buffet lines. The food I received was hot and tasted very good. I had zero reactions to everything I ate. Thank you very much for catering to those of us with special diets!

My room was very clean and all the hotel staff I encountered were positive and friendly. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

This was our first stop on a 5 day tour of the South/Midwest and by far our favorite hotel! After a long drive our first order of business, room service. The food was excellent! By far the best room service we have had in a long time. Latrice was efficient and friendly, order arrived quickly. Later that evening we had the luck to meet John Spence who works security for the hotel. Being in hospitality myself I can say this...Marriott is very lucky to have this gentleman working with them. His customer service skills are beyond excellent. He is friendly, approachable, knowledgeable of the area and shares that knowledge, quick to respond to any concerns guests may have...need I say more? Thank you John and the rest of the Renaissance Nashville staff for making our first stop the most memorable, we look forward to our return and will stay nowhere else!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sleepy Hollow, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night and the room was very comfortable. The hotel is very close to Honkey Tonk Row which has lots if bars with live music, restaurants and shops. There is a nice pool in the hotel as well as a Starbucks and wifi for $10 per day and includes up to 5 devices.

Recommend picking up breakfast at Provence Bread on Church Street. You can park in the garage directly across the street from the hotel for $10 per day.

The public library is worth a visit and is attached to the back of the garage. The Escape Game was also a great stop with dinner at Calypso Cafe after.

Stayed August 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel, perfect location for those wanting to take in the nightlife and tourist spots as almost everything is within a five to ten minute walk. Avoid the valet parking you can self park in the same lot (directly opposite the hotel) for just $10 per night v's $35 for the valet. Staff really nice and helpful, marked up a map for us showing the best bars, places to eat and breakfast spots. The only downsides are walls are paper thin, the first morning we thought someone was in our bathroom using the hair dryer but turns out it was our neighbour! Same thing on the other side when their alarm clock went off and they charge you for wifi!!

Stayed August 2014