Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,051 results
All reviewsbridge barcommerce streetgreat locationloss preventionbridgestone arenaconvention centerthe concierge loungewithin walking distancecorner roomhigh floorthird floorhonky tonkscountry music hall of fameheart of downtownvalet parkingtwo blocksmusic city center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Pretty standard Marriott ambiance i.e. no character. Rooms a bit small. Maid service did not change my sheets even though I was there 5 days. Terrific breakfast bar though certainly not free. Internet not free in room. Pool and Fitness center were CLOSED. My big issue was parking. They use a Publiic lot across the street and my car was broken into and laptop stolen from my trunk. I don't blame the hotel for this. Leave NOTHING of value in your car. This hotel is right Downtown and that is great for entertainment, but as in any big city there are criminals everywhere preying on tourists. I prefer Loew's Vanderbilt about 2 miles directly west on Route 70 (Broadway).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I stayed at the Renaissance with my mom and best friend for four nights. There were so many people at the Renaissance for conferences, conventions, and even a prom! However, the staff didn't miss a thing. Our room was beautiful and spacious and the beds were very, very comfortable. There was a Starbucks in the lobby and free internet service. With all the people in the hotel, there was very little wait for the elevators. All this and we got a great rate. One last thing: location, location, location. I would love to stay here again. Thank you for everything!

Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I planned a Labor Day Weekend getaway . I contacted the hotel in advance with a few small requests. I asked for a room on a high floor, extra towels and 2 queen size beds. Upon arrival I was shown to the room on the 23rd floor--which was great--but there was only 1 king size bed. (Disappointment #1) I called the desk and they found a room on the 18th floor and we agreed to accept it as it had the requested 2 beds, The room looked tidy and well appointed. We entered unpacked, and I washed my hands. The sink backed up and didn't drain (Dissapointment #2) I called the desk and they assured they would send someone to fix the sink. We went out for the afternoon....when we came back the sink appeared to be ok except they had left a clum of stringy hair laying on the bathroom counter up against the shampoo bottle. It was not my hair (yuck) I washed my hands and once again the sink backed up (Dissappointment #3) My husband now called the front desk and they sent someone up again. They brought a large wet vac and it appeared the sink was again running freely. We decided we would just make the best of it. The next morning I awoke to a gurgling noise coming from the bathroom---no one was in there. I walked into the bathroom and the sink was filled with dirty water and what appeared to be dark little hairs from a man shaving---not from anyone in my room (gross) (Disappointment #4).......We called the front desk again and they sent someone up...he determined they would need to remove a pipe and clean it out. I showered and brushed my teeth in the shower then went out on the town for the day. When we returned several hours later the room was cleaned up and the bathroom was in good working order and clean. My regret through all of this was it was I personally planned the weekend getaway to Nashville and it wasn't at all what I expected from a nice hotel. Would I stay here again probably not. The location is great as it is within walking distance of so many things. But for me it was 4 strikes and I am out. They could have at least offerred me a free bottle of their $5. water for all my trouble. I was not offerred a thing. All I can do is to give a review and an honest opinion.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Very typical Renaissance in design and feel- contemporary, business-oriented rooms and appearance. Business center available. Live entertainment (lounge singer/pianist) in the lobby lounge nightly. No spa. Great location, walking distance to everything. Great food! I ate all my meals at the restaurant - they varied daily. They have lunch and dinner buffets. The brownie in Jack Daniels is the best I ever had! I brought one home to California to go after I checked out.
The only thing was the internet connection. I purchased the business package but had trouble connecting. It took three days for my connection to be fixed but I was given credit.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2009

My husband and I just returned from staying 2 nights at this hotel. This hotel is in a great location and is very clean and comfortable. We had a great time until we went to check out.

When we arrived, we gave the front desk a $100 bonus bucks coupon to apply to our room. The front desk also told us that as rewards members, we would get a 25% discount on our food. Upon receiving our final bill, I noticed that not only had the $100 coupon not been applied to our account, we also had not been given a 25% discount on our food. When my husband questioned the bill, the front desk person told him that he could not give him the 25% discount because we should have told our server that we were rewards members when we ate, and that he could not go back and apply our $100 coupon, that it would have to go through accounting. My husband questioned why weren't we told at check in that we had to identify ourselves as rewards members when eating. The front desk person told my husband, "well, people just know to do that." When my husband questioned why the $100 coupon had not been applied, the front desk person told him he would try to get it done later. My husband insisted that he no longer trusted the hotel staff, and wanted the issue to be handled immediately. Amazingly, the front desk person took the $100 off our bill. My husband requested to speak to a manager. The manager, Jessica, overheard him, as he was raising his voice in frustration. She came over and asked, "Would you like to speak to me?" My husband said yes, and started to explain what happened. She cut him off and said, "I'll talk with you when I'm finished with this other customer." When she came back, my husband was very frustrated and began raising his voice. Instead of calmly diffusing the situation, Jessica said, "If you want to calm down and talk to me like an adult, I will listen to you." At this point, my husband was very angry and just asked for her card so that he could write a letter to management. She cut him off again saying "My cards are in the mail, I'll write my name down for you."

We have been staying at Marriott hotels for years, and always have had incredible service. I am hoping that this is just a new manager that has not fully completed customer service training, and will improve on her customer service skills. Upon our next visit to Nashville, however, we will probably stay at the Courtyard rather than risk incompetence at the Renaissance. My advice would be to do the same when visiting Nashville

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple