“Great location”

Ranked #11 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Gainesville, FL
“Great location”
Reviewed 28 September 2009

This hotel's location is its best asset. Conveniently located downtown near museums, restaurants, the Sommet Center, Ryman Auditorium, Convention Center, and all the bars/live music downtown (walking distance to all of it). Unfortunately, the maid service was severely lacking. They would typically show up around 5:00 pm, just when we were getting ready for our evening activities. Because of this our room was only serviced three of the six days we were there! Also, our TV did not work properly (we were not receiving all the channels we were supposed to). They promptly sent someone up to fix it but the fix only lasted until the TV was turned off. The next time the TV was turned on the problem returned. On our last day the bathroom sink gurgled up some disgusting brown sludge. Luckily it didn't overflow and receded rather quickly. The hotel is very attractive, the rooms are average, the bar was nice, and it was definitely convenient for us as we attended a conference in town.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 September 2009

My fiancee and I booked this hotel last Saturday night for it's location. We attended the Taylor Swift concert last Saturday. The location was great! We were able to walk to the concert, and all the nightlife was on the next street over. Whenever we got to the hotel we were both tired from the three hour drive up. We were not dressed up by no means. When we checked in the front desk lady was nothing but rude to us. They did not even tell us what time checkout was or anything. When I asked her she was very rude and told me noon. When we got upstairs we were upset to find no fridge. The only thing they had was bottled water if you opened it you would be charged $5.00 per bottle. The main thing that upset me was the Air conditioner. We had turned the air down all the way. It was so hot in there I could not stand it. I called the front desk before we went to the concert and they said that they would send someone. We came back from the concert and the problem still had not been fixed. I called once again and someone was up promptly to fix it. He changed out the dirty air filter. The room got somewhat cooler, but not too much. I woke up in a sweat it was still so hot in there. We checked out the next morning and the doorman would not let my fiancee take a cart upstairs to put our luggage on. He said they have to do that for you. Whenever I went to check out the lady was very rude. I was not given any type of receipt. My fiancee went and got our car and parked it in front of the hotel, he was yelled at by one of the employees outside. They basically asked him why he was parked there, he was only going to pull up there for a couple of minutes while we loaded our stuff up. We were not told thank-you or anything when we left, or no please come again. The overall quality of this hotel is horrible. The location is great, the price was fair because I got a military discount we paid $137.00 for one night. We did eat dinner at the place attached to the hotel it was amazing! Only $35.00 for both of us. We were told that we would get 25% off though for being rewards members, we never got any discount. The customer service is the worst I have ever seen in my life. We were treated like idiots. We were stared at like we were nasty or something. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank srappymoon16
NH
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. Location was nice and rooms were adequate...if you like cool temperatures. You cannot adjust the thermostats in the rooms to be warmer than 69 degrees! The engineering department explained to me that it is only possible to turn the AC off (or heat on) if the outside temperature is below 50. So for most of the year in Nashville, expect a chilly stay. The lack of temperature control was particularly frustrating after I caught a cold from spending time in the super over-air conditioned convention center, where even large men in suits were complaining about the chill and I saw a couple of people taking their hotel blankets into the conference rooms. It would have been really nice to have an adjustable temperature room to go back to at the end of the day.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Charlotte
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Pretty standard Marriott ambiance i.e. no character. Rooms a bit small. Maid service did not change my sheets even though I was there 5 days. Terrific breakfast bar though certainly not free. Internet not free in room. Pool and Fitness center were CLOSED. My big issue was parking. They use a Publiic lot across the street and my car was broken into and laptop stolen from my trunk. I don't blame the hotel for this. Leave NOTHING of value in your car. This hotel is right Downtown and that is great for entertainment, but as in any big city there are criminals everywhere preying on tourists. I prefer Loew's Vanderbilt about 2 miles directly west on Route 70 (Broadway).

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Boston, MA
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I stayed at the Renaissance with my mom and best friend for four nights. There were so many people at the Renaissance for conferences, conventions, and even a prom! However, the staff didn't miss a thing. Our room was beautiful and spacious and the beds were very, very comfortable. There was a Starbucks in the lobby and free internet service. With all the people in the hotel, there was very little wait for the elevators. All this and we got a great rate. One last thing: location, location, location. I would love to stay here again. Thank you for everything!

Stayed May 2009
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I planned a Labor Day Weekend getaway . I contacted the hotel in advance with a few small requests. I asked for a room on a high floor, extra towels and 2 queen size beds. Upon arrival I was shown to the room on the 23rd floor--which was great--but there was only 1 king size bed. (Disappointment #1) I called the desk and they found a room on the 18th floor and we agreed to accept it as it had the requested 2 beds, The room looked tidy and well appointed. We entered unpacked, and I washed my hands. The sink backed up and didn't drain (Dissapointment #2) I called the desk and they assured they would send someone to fix the sink. We went out for the afternoon....when we came back the sink appeared to be ok except they had left a clum of stringy hair laying on the bathroom counter up against the shampoo bottle. It was not my hair (yuck) I washed my hands and once again the sink backed up (Dissappointment #3) My husband now called the front desk and they sent someone up again. They brought a large wet vac and it appeared the sink was again running freely. We decided we would just make the best of it. The next morning I awoke to a gurgling noise coming from the bathroom---no one was in there. I walked into the bathroom and the sink was filled with dirty water and what appeared to be dark little hairs from a man shaving---not from anyone in my room (gross) (Disappointment #4).......We called the front desk again and they sent someone up...he determined they would need to remove a pipe and clean it out. I showered and brushed my teeth in the shower then went out on the town for the day. When we returned several hours later the room was cleaned up and the bathroom was in good working order and clean. My regret through all of this was it was I personally planned the weekend getaway to Nashville and it wasn't at all what I expected from a nice hotel. Would I stay here again probably not. The location is great as it is within walking distance of so many things. But for me it was 4 strikes and I am out. They could have at least offerred me a free bottle of their $5. water for all my trouble. I was not offerred a thing. All I can do is to give a review and an honest opinion.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Southern California
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Very typical Renaissance in design and feel- contemporary, business-oriented rooms and appearance. Business center available. Live entertainment (lounge singer/pianist) in the lobby lounge nightly. No spa. Great location, walking distance to everything. Great food! I ate all my meals at the restaurant - they varied daily. They have lunch and dinner buffets. The brownie in Jack Daniels is the best I ever had! I brought one home to California to go after I checked out.
The only thing was the internet connection. I purchased the business package but had trouble connecting. It took three days for my connection to be fixed but I was given credit.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business