“This hotel was an oasis........”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 9 April 2010

April 3, 2010
This hotel was an oasis in the middle of a busy city. It was very much appreciated for it's service, cleanliness, and parking valet. Thank you ........
Lori Smith
Gobles, Michigan

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 April 2010

Went to Nashville for a girl's weekend. Had never been before and we booked the hotel because it seemed like a good location... and boy were we right! Only a 15 minute taxi ride from airport. We were in walking distance (around the corner) to all the honkey tonks on Broadway (and we took full advantage of that, especially Tootsies!) We walked to Sommer Center and Country Music Hall of Fame. Walked all around 2nd and Broadway area. The hotel had a wonderful buffet breakfast for about $14, Starbucks in lobby, a cool bar/restaurant, 2 computers with free internet access. We were able to print our boarding passes at the front desk for no charge, too. The room was adequate... two queen beds, tv, bathroom. Overall, hallways were quiet and conducive to sleeping! A few minor complaints about the room... the bathroom had no ventilation fan. None of the rooms have balconies or windows that open. There is no separate vanity, so with four girls getting ready to go out, it was a little hectic. Also, we found food (wantons, candy) under the bed. I guess they do a very quick surface clean. Be prepared... at prime times like Sat evening and Sunday check out, the wait for the elevators is crazy! The beds were awesome and very comfy! The conceirge was helpful in helping us find a restaurant for Sunday dinner. The icing on the cake... found an awesome deal on the hotel's website and only paid $99/night!!!!!!!
Nashville, we'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank momich
Reviewed 31 March 2010

For a hotel that advertises itself as being a 3-4 star hotel, advertising such is completely false. First of all, this hotel, though it could be impressive cosmetically, has POOR management and poor service. I stayed there as a guest of a friend and was asked for a credit card, even after my friend's company had given theirs! Then they called my room 3 times (once at 4AM, two nights after my check in) to ask for a credit card. When I asked the front desk why they would call me at 4AM, I was given 6 different answers, until the manager told me why. NOBODY at that hotel knows what is going on. They charged my friend $20.00 to take a gift basket to my room that she paid for outside of the hotel prior to my arrival. Then, the maid didnt show up daily until 4:30pm. The evening before an event that I was in town for, she knocked on the door and told me that if I wanted my bed made, I had better let her in because she "goes home at 5 whether my bed is made or not". Unbelievable. Though it has been remodeled, its not that impressive - especially for the cost. More like a glorified Holiday Inn. Stay elsewhere.

Reviewed 10 March 2010

One of the best locations in downtown Nashville. Easy walk to everything. We usually, but not always, stay here when we're in Nashville.

Has been remodeled since we stayed there a couple of years ago. Very clean and comfortable. Great views from the room, and one of the largest hotel bathrooms we've ever encountered. Very nice, very professional staff.

Cons: plan to pay through the nose to park; hot water not hot enough (perhaps a liability issue); some street noise.

Reviewed 9 March 2010

Great service - top to bottom, the staff here are friendly and helpful.
Great location - Easy walk to Ryman, Sonnet, Broadway and nightlife downtown.
OK room - nothing spectacular but nothing negative. Clean and comfortable.
Wireless internet is free on first 3 floors (no rooms) and you pay for in-room service. There are 2 computers in the lobby and two more in the bridge bar (3rd floor) for guest use. The Bridge Bar is a great spot to have a drink or use your laptop.

Reviewed 9 March 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance for our anniversary get away. We stayed on the 23rd floor, in a handicap accessible room (the only one left in the hotel with a king sized bed). Although the view from our room and the location of the hotel was great, I was not thrilled with the rest of our time there. Our bathroom was dirty, with visable dirt on the shower floor. The bed was uncomfortable (firm is an understatement) and there was a party going on in the room next door to us in the middle of the night. I don't mind a little noise, but it sounded like there was 20 drunk hard of hearing girls in the room next to us. The smell of alcohol that was coming from their room was so strong... between the noise and the smell I was unable to sleep. I called the front desk, but that didn't help. They continued to be loud for another hour or so, and then finally left. If I was to go back to Nashville, I'd stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2010

The location for those interested in downtown (ie. Broadway, Country Music Hall of Fame, Business travel) can't be beat. Being younger, my girlfriend and I typically go to Nashville for weekend vacations and we always stay at the Renaissance Hotel. The King Size beds and linens are very comfortable, and the bathroom is large with tile flooring. The only complaint is the profiling of the staff. Being a fairly high priced Hotel, each time I arrive I feel as if I am being judged about not being able to afford the Hotel based on me being part of Generation Millennial; which is not the case at all. Otherwise, the hotel bar is very nice, location is great, room service delivers in the early morning hours, and the hotel furnishings are very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple