“Disappointed Business Traveler”

Residence Inn Nashville Airport
Ranked #83 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had a business trip to Nashville. I always like the Residence Inn because the properties are usually spacious, quiet, and comfortable. However, this property is difficult to access, loud, and worst of all, the wireless internet is spotty at best.

I am a Marriott Platinum member, so when I was having trouble getting on the WIFI I never like to hear "are you connected to the network"?. Anyone born after 1950 knows HOW to get on WIFI. If it isn't working, then that's the problem.

Anyway, the girl at the desk had no idea what to do. She patched me through to tech-support line that left me on hold for 20 Minutes. I finally hung up and used my own aircard during the trip. I really hate hotels that won't take ownership of their guests problems!

WIFI is fundamental to any hotel and this property's inability to provide it ensures I will never stay here again! Get into the 21st century

Its too bad I have to rate this hotel so low as the room was pretty nice, but everything else was not so good.

Room Tip: Test the internet and see if you can get on!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Please accept my apology for the fact that our WIFI did not meet your expectations. This is particularly disappointing since we recently increased out bandwidth giving us the ability to burst to 50MB. In each building, we have two wireless modems. It sounds as though the modem that services the 4 rooms on your side of the building needed to be reset.

I will share this simple solution with the desk team. We show them where the wireless modems are located in each building. We will train the on how to reset the modem.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott Hotels.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Spent three (3) nights here a week ago and could not be happier. Our unit was sparkly clean and incredibly comfortable. All staff members were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a feast (love those waffles)! Need to come back in colder weather to enjoy the fireplace. Cozy!!

Room Tip: This is an airport location, however the air traffic was hardly noticeable from our room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Staff really helpful with early check in. Lovely 2 bedroom suite which was very clean and comfortable. Great value for money. Thanks for the recommendation for the pre-season football match, brilliant experience. Leroy ( the minibus driver) was a real character and entertained us on our journeys downtown.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor. It was great to hear how much you enjoyed your two bedroom loft suite. I'll share your comments with Leroy the next time I see him. He always does such a great job taking care of our guest on the short ride downtown.

Thank you for choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope to serve you again the next time your travels bring you to Nashville.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I don't like to spend a lot of money, so this hotel was right up our alley! It was clean, employees were friendly, price was very very reasonable, breakfast was pretty darn good and its location was handy to all the locations we visited! No complaints! Next time we come back to Nashville, we'll stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aunttara

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our complimentary, full, hot breakfast buffet. Our proximity to downtown and all of the Gaylord attractions is ideal too.

We appreciate your choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope to serve you again the next time you come to the Music City.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This property is no exception. Stayed here on business for 5 nights. Check in was flawless, room was clean, my biggest concern always. Housekeeping was excellent. Rooms are dated and definitely need renovation to begin as soon as possible. Although the room is dated, I must say, the couch was new and that was nice a some of these RI's have old couches but not this one.
Breakfast had the usual "processed scrambled eggs" that are not good and in room coffee is horrible as ALL hotels offer but overall I would stay here again when in Nashville.

Room Tip: Always upstairs is best so you don't have stomping above.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in May with my wife and two young girls. The 2 bedroom suite was spacious and clean. The property was nice, and all the staff very friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast room was pretty crowded, but the hostesses kept the buffet full. It's a good location...close to the Opryland Mall, and not far from downtown. Would definintely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel was chosen by me for a 6 week long stay for my husband and some of his employees who were there from out of town. I chose the place mainly because of their website photos and because they had an outdoor pool, tennis court, basketball goal, and an area outside where you could grill out and unwind after a long work day. I spent several weekends here with my husband and for the most part found it enjoyable. I will address the "for the most part" now. My husband was in a bottom floor unit with a unit above him. Whenever the people upstairs moved around the room you could hear it. It wasn't that the people were running and jumping around, it was just normal moving around but it was really lound coming through the ceiling. The sounds woke me up multiple times and multiple days. Coworkers of my husband said the same thing about their bottom floor units as well. The enjoyable parts were the room itself. It was like a mini apartment with a kitchen area, fireplace, and seperate bathroom area. The room my husband was in was always clean and the sheets and towels were changed regularly. The housekeeping staff seemed to work from sun up to sun down, always doing a great job. The grounds were kept neat and clean and the front desk staff were all very helpful. The pool was a decent size and there were plenty of lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas available. They also provided towels out at the pool. The hotel offered exercise equipment and laundry facilities. A free breakfast was available daily and Monday through Wednesday they provided a free dinner. I never was there for the dinners but my husband said the dinners were just ok. The hotel is close to the airport and to the Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills Mall. Downtown Nashville is just a short drive. All in all, I think this is a really good choice for the long term stay.

Room Tip: Bottom floor units are nice but if someone is staying above you, you will hear them walking around...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the Nashville Airport Residence Inn.

I am pleased to hear that you made full use of our pool, tennis court, basketball goal, and grill area. It is nice to have an opportunity to unwind outside after a long work day. It is great to know how much you appreciated our extra-large suites. Our rooms live very well.

We hope to serve you the next time your travels bring you to Music City.