“The good and the bad”

Residence Inn Nashville Airport
Ranked #74 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The good: The rooms are very spacious and have everything you might need. They are like a studio apartment. They serve breakfast in the mornings with egg sandwiches, eggs, potatoes, cereal, muffins, toast, yogart and waffles. I tried the egg sandwich and it was rubbery so after a couple of bites I tried a wafle. The waffle was really good with strawberry topping and whip cream. Good coffee and OJ. In the evening they had a social hour with complimentary stuffed shells, salad, and garlic bread with beer and sodas available. A nice perk that could replace dinner. The reception people where very nice. There is a nice outdoor pool and really nice outdoor covered patio with furniture and a grill.

The bad: I thought i would really like how thee rooms are more like an apartment complex than a high rise hotel. I was wrong, because each room faces the parking lot it is really noisy, I heard every car door, motorcycle, nearby conversation, as well as the airport the noise was plemtiful. I have stayed at many of the high rise hotels in the same area and not experienced this level of nice. The furniture was very dated and needs to be replaced.

I would recommend this hotel for families or those who need a long term place to stay. I wouldn't recommend it for business travelers or those who want a quiet place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank STJ_Waterbaby

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Fifteen of us descended on this hotel. Some had private rooms, some had the 2 bedroom studio. It was a great choice. I slept comfortably on the pull out couch in a 2 bedroom unit. The hotel was quiet and clean. The staff very helpful. The airport shuttle was on time and easy to use. Hot breakfast was fine (usually not my preference). The scrambled eggs not the greatest, but all else was good. We walked to the Waffle House 1/2 block away one morning. All rooms have full kitchens. A lot of guests are on long term stays so not a bunch of loud parties. I never heard any noise from neighbors. No public transportation and you need to drive to get almost anything. The staff was wonderful! No airport or highway noise.

Room Tip: The 2 bedrooms are one bedroom main level and one upstairs loft.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nova Mom G
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for your sharing your comments. It was great to hear that you had such a comfortable stay. In addition, thank you for your positive comments about our friendly, attentive staff. I am fortuanate that I work with such a great group of people comitted to providing exceptional service.

We hope you stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Nashville.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very helpful staff. Was upgraded to a 2 bedroom for being Platinum member which was a nice surprise. As always residence inns with clean rooms and great breakfast. A bit overpriced but you get what you pay for with hotels (usually). No real food close by so had a few miles to drive for dinner and a beer

Room Tip: Typical Residence Inn
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very well maintained. Extremely clean queen studio. The employees very friendly and helpful. We stayed 3 nights. It is close to the airport but we only heard one plane each day and it was not close. Nice pool, cleaned routinely. Wireless pretty good. 10 minutes to Opryland and downtown if you are driving. Shuttles are available and the staff can fill you in. Early check in was very easy.

Room Tip: We stayed right next to the pool and there was no noise that came through to our room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Nashville Airport Residence Inn by Marriott. It was great to hear that you found your suite extremely clean. In addition, you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will share your comments with the team. Thank you for mentioning that we are conveniently located just minutes away from downtown Nashville and the Gaylord Opryland Resort.

We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Nashville.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had a business trip to Nashville. I always like the Residence Inn because the properties are usually spacious, quiet, and comfortable. However, this property is difficult to access, loud, and worst of all, the wireless internet is spotty at best.

I am a Marriott Platinum member, so when I was having trouble getting on the WIFI I never like to hear "are you connected to the network"?. Anyone born after 1950 knows HOW to get on WIFI. If it isn't working, then that's the problem.

Anyway, the girl at the desk had no idea what to do. She patched me through to tech-support line that left me on hold for 20 Minutes. I finally hung up and used my own aircard during the trip. I really hate hotels that won't take ownership of their guests problems!

WIFI is fundamental to any hotel and this property's inability to provide it ensures I will never stay here again! Get into the 21st century

Its too bad I have to rate this hotel so low as the room was pretty nice, but everything else was not so good.

Room Tip: Test the internet and see if you can get on!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Please accept my apology for the fact that our WIFI did not meet your expectations. This is particularly disappointing since we recently increased out bandwidth giving us the ability to burst to 50MB. In each building, we have two wireless modems. It sounds as though the modem that services the 4 rooms on your side of the building needed to be reset.

I will share this simple solution with the desk team. We show them where the wireless modems are located in each building. We will train the on how to reset the modem.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott Hotels.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Spent three (3) nights here a week ago and could not be happier. Our unit was sparkly clean and incredibly comfortable. All staff members were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a feast (love those waffles)! Need to come back in colder weather to enjoy the fireplace. Cozy!!

Room Tip: This is an airport location, however the air traffic was hardly noticeable from our room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Staff really helpful with early check in. Lovely 2 bedroom suite which was very clean and comfortable. Great value for money. Thanks for the recommendation for the pre-season football match, brilliant experience. Leroy ( the minibus driver) was a real character and entertained us on our journeys downtown.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor. It was great to hear how much you enjoyed your two bedroom loft suite. I'll share your comments with Leroy the next time I see him. He always does such a great job taking care of our guest on the short ride downtown.

Thank you for choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope to serve you again the next time your travels bring you to Nashville.