“Quiet is good!”

Ranked #73 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Kansas City, Missouri
“Quiet is good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Even though we didn't have hot water for 2 days and the room wasn't ready when we got there, we still had a great stay. It was quiet, that's all I care about. The breakfast and reception was very good. The manager gave me an adjustment for the difficulty we had. Definitely would return.

Room Tip: Got the loft. Worked out great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your experience.

Please accept my apology for the fact that you did not have hot water for two days. I will share this with my engineering team. Each suite has its own 40 gallon hot water tank. We keep 10 new hot water heaters in inventory. We should have been able to replace your hot water heater quickly.

It was good to read that we were able to address your concern at check out. I appreciate you sharing that there was a problem. It gave us a chance to make things right.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We know you have many choices when you travel. We hope to serve you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at this property by default as it was the only Marriott room available due to a nursing convention at the convention center. I don't typically stay at RI's as I have found that their beds are sub par to the other Marriott properties. This was the case here as well. This is an older property with outside entrances. The inside of unit 19-12 was very large with a king, a couch and a nice sized kitchen. It is dated but was very clean. Due to the way this was built, I heard every step from the room above. Newer concrete poured floors solve this problem. All hotel staff were very nice and professional. The breakfast area was crowded but had ample seating. This breakfast did not disappoint at all. Very good selection and kept full. My only complaint was the exterior entrance area of the unit. The door was filthy and covered in dirt and cobwebs. The stairs leading to the above unit were filled with webs and wasp nests. I know it is difficult to control spiders and wasps are busy right now, but I feel like this has been neglected for more than a few days. An old cigarette pack is probably still sitting on the stairwell. Would I stay here again if I had to? Probably so. Would I choose to stay here again? Probably not. I would not let my wife stay here alone without getting an escort to the room due to the exterior entrances. I did see a security van making rounds and keeping watch. Neighborhood looks safe, just concerns linger with exterior doors and getting to rooms late at night. Plenty of close places to eat is a plus.

Room Tip: Good location to Airport, grand ole opry, and opry mills.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I appreciated reading your post that you found the staff to be very nice and professional. I was glad to read how much you enjoyed breakfast. I will share your comments with our associates.

I was disappointed that you found the bed in your room to be uncomfortable. When the mattress and box spring we last replaced, we upgraded to the bed that you find in our Renaissance brand.

You are correct. We have to stay after the spider webs on a regular basis. We knock them down multiple times each week and they start rebuilding right away. It is an on-going process.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels when you travel. We hope to serve you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

First off the staff was VERY courteous. Laura checked us in and out and was very pleasant, professional, and helpful. The grounds were well kept and clean. The rooms are condo-style in four room blocks. All with exterior entrances. We were given a very good location next to outdoor pool and rear lobby entrance. The room was as described. Clean but smelled a bit of smoke (somebody had ignored the no smoking restrictions). We had four in our party (clearly stated in our registration) but only had two towels in the room. This was easily corrected however it should have been attended to prior to our arrival. Also we requested feather-free and this was not accomplished. However this is never guaranteed so could just be our bad luck. The property is older but still in great shape. The breakfast is standard Residence Inn fare. Nothing to write home about. Overall pretty good! We would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rick C, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

It was great to read how much you appreciated the outstanding service provided by my staff. In particular you mentioned Laura. We are fortunate to have her on our team. I will make sure she gets the recognition she deserves.

I will also share with my team that we missed your feather free request. I am so sorry that this happened. It is so important that we get these things right.

We appreciate you staying at the Residence Inn Nashville Airport. We hope to serve you again the next time you come to Nashville
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

It appears the rooms have recently undergone a renovation and I was very satisfied with the check in (quick and courteous), the grounds are well kept and the room was ready on time and clean. I did not eat dinner there - but did see others enjoying their meal. They also offer complimentary beer at dinner. Breakfast was standard fare served by very nice folks. My only suggestion/tip is to request a room away from Elm Hill Pike as trucks travel it throughout the night. Will definitely return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

You are correct. We renovated all of our suites in the spring of 2013. I will pass on to the housekeeping team that you appreciated how clean they keep our rooms.

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville Airport. We hope to serve you again the next time you visit Music City.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I would stay here before a flight. Check the shuttle hours if you will be dependent upon them, I found myself out of luck at an important moment - lucky for me it cost me a cab and not the moment. During check in there were tacos and beer available in the lobby for guests. Our room was quite large, not recently remodeled king room with a french balcony

Room Tip: Confirm shuttle hours before booking - get there early enough for food and booze in the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Nashville Airport.

Please accept my apology for the confusion concerning the airport shuttle departure time. It was good to read that you were able to make your flight on time. Our proximity to the airport is convenient. I am glad you were able to enjoy taco night in our Gatehouse.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We look forward to serving you again the next time you travel.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We only spent one night and admittedly an inn made for short term residency isnt best for overnight. We wont stay again when in the area for a couple reasons: no king rooms on the ground floors, difficult to get to the rooms, esp. in the dark on icy pavement and icy wooden steps to 2nd floor rooms, and room furnishings seemed more Motel 6 or 8 than what we're used to at Residence Inns.Most want the GM to give consideration to how difficult it is to get even medium size luggage from the parking area, through the overgown shrubbery between unlit buildings, on narrow pebbled walkways. Try that in the dark after a long day of travel. Lots of places that are easier to get to and less hassle or potential accidents getting to/from a room.

Room Tip: 523 is near the pool but difficult to get bags to/from
Green Features: Dont recall any environmentally friendly practices. Perhaps not salting the icy wooden staircases is supposed to be environmentally friendly ....
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I'm sorry that you found your stay to be so disappointing. We would have liked to have had the opportunity to make things right when you arrived. It would have been our pleasure to have had one of our associates assist with your luggage. That is a service we provide on a regular basis.

I can share with you that now that spring has arrived our landscaping company trimmed our shrubs last week. I know it has been a long winter. I believe that we will see no more snow and ice until maybe December.

Finally, we have requested funding to replace the furniture in our guest rooms next year.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.
Hiram, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite with a full kitchen and it was awesome.The home away from home is equipped with everything you need for your stay. The grill was an added benefit that we used for Sunday dinner. We loved the close proximity to Opry Mills Mall. The front desk staff did a great job with making our stay fantastic. I will return for another visit.

Room Tip: Buildings away from the main road have less noise.
Green Features: A recycling bin is provided in the kitchen. Guests also have the option of not changing the sheets and towels daily.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience from your recent stay.

It was great to read about how much the extra space in our two bedroom loft suite and the full size kitchen appliances made you feel like we were your home away from home. our close proximity to the mall was a plus. I agree, I am very fortunate to be working with an outstanding staff that understand exceptional customer service.

We appreciate your choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope to serve you the next time you visit Music City.