“Don't stay in an unrenovated penthouse.”

Residence Inn Nashville Airport
Ranked #79 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
“Don't stay in an unrenovated penthouse.”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I are in the process of moving across the country from Fresno to Nashville.

We thought we were in a for a treat when booking our suite and the Marriot Residence inn.

Let's just say we were very underwhelmed. The carpet is completely frayed where the carpet meets the kitchen floor. There's bird poop all over the upstairs window, and we've already found one big spider in our room. The popcorn ceiling is pretty dirty and everything in the kitchen is outdated. It's just so disappointing because this isn't what they show on their website at all.

Pros: the staff is really friendly and the internet is super fast.

Unfortunately, we're cutting our stay short and will be staying in another Marriot suite that is much newer, better fitting for our needs, and pricing is similar.

I want to also add that the stairs outside and inside are playing into this decision as well.

• Stayed July 2014
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your review.

It was great to read that you found our rooms to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I will share your comment about the carpet fray with my Manager of Engineering. We will get this fixed right away.

I was pleased to read that you were able to find another Marriott Suite Hotel in the area that had interior access.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Residence Inn the week before CMA Fan Fair. It is an excellent location - close to Opryland and Music Valley Drive, and not too far from downtown Nashville.

The breakfast was good and the folks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

The property is in need of rennovation and had some maintenance issues. On our next visit we stayed at the Courtyard down the street.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CalifKidRetired
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your post.

I was please to read about how convenient our location was for you during your stay. I will pass on to my team how much you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and that you appreciated the exceptionally friendly service you received from my staff during your stay.

We know you have may choices when you travel. Thank you for choosing to stay with the Residence Inn at Nashville Airport.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Needed a two bedroom hotel that was at a good price, and this was it. Plenty of room in the penthouse. Clean carpet and furniture. Cold air. Comfortable beds and pillows. Full stocked kitchen. Clean and stocked bathroom rooms. Pool. Basketball/tennis court combo my kids loved. Only complaint is can be fun finding a spot to park.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kimco93
Thank you for sharing.

It was great to read how much you and your family enjoyed the many amenities available here at the hotel. I will also pass on to the housekeeping department that you found their work to be exceptional.

We hope to serve you again the next time you come to Nashville.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

First things first - the staff was fantastic. Nalini was friendly and helpful no matter the question or request. It was interesting to see the interactions were consistent with other guests as well. The room I booked was the two-story suite with fireplace and it was lovely. Yes, the hotel is dated so the walls are a little thin; but, you can tell they have put in an effort to make it comfortable. Although this was a get-away trip it had me driving all over the outskirts of Nashville and this was the best location. Briley Parkway which is your main drop off here is underutilized so you don't have to deal with the worst of rush hour traffic. The airport is a very short distance away and the shuttle is free and efficient - just make sure you schedule the pick up in advance. Even the shuttle driver was nice, funny and friendly. And, if you'd like to go shopping away from Downtown Nashville's country tourist scene into your more common retail merchants and franchise restaurants - head over to Mt Juliet via I40 exit 226 - Providence Marketplace.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank flstorms
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am certainly fortunate to have Nalini on my team. I will make sure she gets the recognition she deserves. It was good to read that you found our proximity to Briley Parkway so convenient to all of your adventures while you were in town.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn at Nashville Airport. You hope to serve you again the next time you visit Music City.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The "penthouse" suite was in what looked like a quiet secluded place, But the room itself made noises. When water ran in nearby rooms it was really loud. The kitchen table was so rickety I'm surprised no one had fixed it. It was freshly painted though and the colors nice. I really expected a little more from a Marriott. The breakfast was good and the staff were nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cramcreek
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your response.

It was great to read about how much you appreciated the service you received during your stay. In addition, I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast. I will share your comments with the staff.

Please accept my apology for the fact that you could hear water running from other rooms in your building. In addition, we will check out the kitchen table and get the leg tightened ASAP.

We appreciate you choosing to stay at Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Even though we didn't have hot water for 2 days and the room wasn't ready when we got there, we still had a great stay. It was quiet, that's all I care about. The breakfast and reception was very good. The manager gave me an adjustment for the difficulty we had. Definitely would return.

Room Tip: Got the loft. Worked out great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to post your experience.

Please accept my apology for the fact that you did not have hot water for two days. I will share this with my engineering team. Each suite has its own 40 gallon hot water tank. We keep 10 new hot water heaters in inventory. We should have been able to replace your hot water heater quickly.

It was good to read that we were able to address your concern at check out. I appreciate you sharing that there was a problem. It gave us a chance to make things right.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We know you have many choices when you travel. We hope to serve you again soon.
atlanta
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at this property by default as it was the only Marriott room available due to a nursing convention at the convention center. I don't typically stay at RI's as I have found that their beds are sub par to the other Marriott properties. This was the case here as well. This is an older property with outside entrances. The inside of unit 19-12 was very large with a king, a couch and a nice sized kitchen. It is dated but was very clean. Due to the way this was built, I heard every step from the room above. Newer concrete poured floors solve this problem. All hotel staff were very nice and professional. The breakfast area was crowded but had ample seating. This breakfast did not disappoint at all. Very good selection and kept full. My only complaint was the exterior entrance area of the unit. The door was filthy and covered in dirt and cobwebs. The stairs leading to the above unit were filled with webs and wasp nests. I know it is difficult to control spiders and wasps are busy right now, but I feel like this has been neglected for more than a few days. An old cigarette pack is probably still sitting on the stairwell. Would I stay here again if I had to? Probably so. Would I choose to stay here again? Probably not. I would not let my wife stay here alone without getting an escort to the room due to the exterior entrances. I did see a security van making rounds and keeping watch. Neighborhood looks safe, just concerns linger with exterior doors and getting to rooms late at night. Plenty of close places to eat is a plus.

Room Tip: Good location to Airport, grand ole opry, and opry mills.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I appreciated reading your post that you found the staff to be very nice and professional. I was glad to read how much you enjoyed breakfast. I will share your comments with our associates.

I was disappointed that you found the bed in your room to be uncomfortable. When the mattress and box spring we last replaced, we upgraded to the bed that you find in our Renaissance brand.

You are correct. We have to stay after the spider webs on a regular basis. We knock them down multiple times each week and they start rebuilding right away. It is an on-going process.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels when you travel. We hope to serve you again soon.