“Nice Hotel Outside of City” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Nashville Airport

Residence Inn Nashville Airport
Ranked #74 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
“Nice Hotel Outside of City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I booked my stay in Nashville at the Residence Inn which was just outside of the busy city but convenient enough to go downtown or other areas nearby. The hotel looks pleasing from the outside and typical of most Residence Inn layouts. The attendant was friendly and provided me free refreshments for being a preferred member. My room was ok but nothing special to discuss. It appeared clean and the bed was comfortable. The manager's reception and breakfast were both very good and always a contributing reason to stay at these properties. I might try staying inside the city next visit but wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

It was nice to read how much you enjoyed our evening Manager's Reception and that you found our location to be very convenient to Nashville's many interesting attractions.

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn at Nashville Airport. We hope to serve you again the next time you visit Music City.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel is nice in that it is in a convenient location. The airport, downtown, even the west end is easy to get to from here. It's also close to Opry Mills Outlet Mall, Splash Country, etc. So there's plenty to see & do with plenty of choices for meals. Our room had a nice, comfy king bed. The pillows were a little tired so I had to break out the extra one that was in the closet. I did appreciate that the rooms were suites, offering a full kitchen. And the price wasn't bad.

However, the room was very outdated. Old appliances & counter tops, even the coffee pot was barely holding together. The kitchen was also poorly stocked. Not that I was going to use anything in the cabinets after spotting the mold on / in the cabinets, ceiling, & wall. On another note, I had to use the dishtowel to wipe up a spill and had left the towel on the floor, as instructed, so that we would be given a replacement. But housekeeping didn't leave us anything.

The outside of our unit was littered with cigarette butts. The room in general needed a good dusting and cleaning. The bathroom was clean but the toilet had a small leak so we would hear it refilling every 30 minutes all during the night.

To be fair, I did stop by the office after the first night of our two night stay & told them about the mold and the toilet. I wanted to change rooms but they said they were completely booked. They wanted to send a service tech in to repair the toilet but because my husband was in the room recuperating from some outpatient surgery, that was not the best solution for us. We just turned the toilet off during the night so it wouldn't keep us awake.

Our room was located in the front so it was very loud with street noise. We live in a very quiet area and are used to not hearing anything, so this may not bother others.

Lastly, this is an old fashioned suite, meaning there is no separation from the living area & the bedroom.

The place does have potential. With the good location and the friendliness of the staff. They just need to inspect the rooms better for cleanliness, take the time to clean up the outside of the property, and also spend some effort and money on updating the units.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I was pleased to read about howmuch you appreciated our convenient location to most of Nashville's attractions. Our kitchen's with full size appliances make it easy when you are unable to get out to attend our evening social or go to dinner off property.

Please accept my apology for the fact that you housekeeping was not up to par. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Manager. We will refocus our housekeepers on dust in the rooms. As a team, we inspect all of our rooms after every check out. What sometimes appears to be mold is actually dust clinging to condensation caused by the high humidity. We will continue to look for this issue on future room inspections.

Thank you got choosing Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

When we arrived our rooms were in the back of the complex, had spiders all over the doors and upon entry they smelled stale and strange. The staff allowed us to change rooms to something more inviting.
It was an ok, nothing special.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for posting.

We have a daily battle this time of year with spider webs. As soon as we go though and take down their webs, they begin rebuilding. I will share your experience with our housekeeping department. They usually do a great job taking them down. This one must have been missed. Please accept my apology.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was hesitant booking this hotel because of the reviews. They varied from horrible to great. This is a first generation Residence Inn. This means that the 1 bedroom suite does not have a dividing wall between the sitting area and bed area. I thought that I read that this was the Grand Old Opry Inn but the Grand Old Opry is 3 miles down the road. Minor detail. My room was cleaned and freshened everyday. But, housekeeping only left three towels for four people everyday. A quick call brought more. The "free" breakfast was reasonable but sometimes not replenished. If it was until 9:00 and you got there at 8:30, it was mostly scraps or not refilled. I heard several people ask for and receive the items from the servers from the back room. I guess it was available but just not on the serving table???? I had only one maintenance item and the person was there within 10 minutes to fix it. There are no elevators with all the 2 bedroom units on the second floor. All accessible one bedroom units are on the first floor. The accessible shower is great but has no shower curtain. I could see where a chair could be tangled in the curtain and rip it down. This did not bother me but my wife thought it made for a colder shower. Nice pool for the kids.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your post.

I will share your comments concerning breakfast with my Gatehouse team. We should have all breakfast items available until we close.

It was great to read that you appreciated the staffs prompt response to any request. However, it is our desire that the housekeeper anticipates your needs when she see four people in the room and leaves 4 sets of terry each day. We will continue to work on getting better at anticipating.

Thank you for choosing Residence by Marriott Nashville Airport. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel to Nashville.
Greensboro,NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

First off let me say Residence Inn Nashville Airportis a good hotel the rooms are nice the staff was real helpful. -LOVED IT-

There was a housekeeper by the name of Ebony the only fully english speaking housekeeper I think was working there.She was so sweet and kind I loved her.She got tge job done and whatever needs to be done she did it. She held a fully conversion and was very down to earth never met anyone quite like her. I highly recommend her as your housekeeper if you stay there. If you could request her you should. Especially if your big on housekeeping......

I will be staying there on my next trip to Nashville.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank lovequeen1
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

It was great to read your positive comments about my staff. I have been in this business for almost 28 years. This team has got to be one of the best I have every had the pleasure to work with. I will make sure to pass on your comments about Ebony. She is one of our newest team members. I'll make sure she gets the recognition she deserves.

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville Airport. We hope to serve you again the next time you visit The Music City.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We had two families staying for a long weekend in Nashville. The rooms were large enough to be comfortable and having the kitchen was great, bed was very good and pullout bed was fine for the kids. The hotel provides a great breakfast - although the lines are long and limited eating space given the number of guests. We used the pool and sport court - both were very convenient. Front desk staff particularly helpful. Convenient short ride to downtown and the sites. Highly recommend!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle P
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I enjoyed reading your message.

It was great to hear that you found our kitchen with full size appliances helpful on your family vacation. I'm pleased that you found our location to many of Nashville's many attractions so convenient. I will pass of the desk team that you appreciated their exceptional service.

We hope to serve you again the next time you come to Nashville.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here on some free certificates. We visit Nashville frequently and have stayed in most of the Marriotts at least once. This is a nice hotel, and just as we expected.

One little oddity: we left at 7am and returned at 4:30pm to find the maid's cart blocking our door. We assume, since we couldn't get in, that it was being cleaned. After an hour of checking, we decided something must be wrong so went in to check on the maid, finding the room hadn't been cleaned and the maid wasn't there. We checked with the front desk to confirm that, indeed, at 5:30pm they were still cleaning and would be until 9pm. We asked if they could get to ours after 7 so we could shower and head to dinner. They were happy to do so.

It's clearly an older Residence Inn, but it was clean and well maintained. Everything worked just as it should, and it was a clean, comfortable stay. They are currently remodeling, which should remedy those "showing signs of its age" problems.

Check in was quick and efficient (and we were staying on a couple of free certificates, so it wasn't a straightforward check in). It's the first time we've ever had to sign a form explaining they'd call the police and throw us out if we had a loud party, but we suspect there's a good reason for this. Desk staff was professional and friendly, and pretty much what we expected from Marriott (and, when we came back to find our room not clean, they were happy to grab us a couple of towels out of the drier to tide us over). We stayed on a sold out weekend (indeed, just about everything in town was sold out) and found the service excellent.

Room was clean and well maintained. We've stayed in bigger rooms at Residence Inns, we've stayed at smaller. Everything was clean. Room was well appointed. And, if you like good water pressure, this hotel is worth a special trip -- I'm pretty sure you could use the shower for stripping paint! Have mercy, have they got some water pressure! AC worked well. Bed was nice. Ample good pillows. Free internet worked well. Except for the occasional guest talking a bit too loud on the sidewalk outside the patio doors, the room was quiet. Pretty much all we ask for in a hotel.

Free breakfast was good. Would recommend arriving early -- on our Sunday morning departure day there was a long line for waffles and seating was limited (apparently everyone had the same sleeping in idea we did)!

Location is tough to beat... 5 minutes from airport; 15 minutes from downtown; 15 minutes from Opryland/Grand Ole Opry / Opry Mills.

We were some of those "weekend guests" other reviewers were complaining about (sorry people, we don't bring the coat and tie on vacation, and Marriott has quietly raised the category of many Nashville properties so high that our certificates no longer work there). And, we did note lots of other short staying tourists -- Navy aviators, a church group, a school sports team, other vacationers -- which caused us to speculate that the week or two hotel dweller business must be dropping off. But everyone seemed nice (and we tried our best to be nice as well) and we simply encountered no difficulties whatsoever. We really don't blame the hotel for welcoming us and other short term guests when they have vacant rooms.

We'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Klomo
Thank you for taking time to share your experience from your recent visit.

I enjoyed reading about the great service you received from my staff. I am fortunate to work with a great group of people. I've been a General Manager for a few years. This team might be the best.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.