“Staff Great - Hotel Odd” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown
Ranked #27 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Staff Great - Hotel Odd”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I was told renovations were done, but didn't look or feel that way. The actual room is very nice - clean and spacious. But the overall hotel feels like being in a parking deck - very cavernous. Maybe they are going for a "modern" flare, but the lobby, halls and common areas feel "industrial".

If you want a great room and nothing else, you got it. But not much else. Bar was closed at 10:00 pm...kinda odd for a downtown hotel. Lobby is loud and always crowded. Elevators are a disaster... I have never waited that long every time for an elevator.

All the little things add up to a very odd stay.

But...staff does a very good job. I think they all know the interior designer and architect of the hotel failed... So they work very hard to make up for it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad that our staff was able to improve your stay. We will be done with construction in the next few weeks and hope you come back and see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Snellville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel in not yet renovated even though it says so on the Starwood website. I wish they would be more honest. This place is challenging to get into with all of the boarded up entrances and difficult parking, and confusing signage. Your GPS will take you to the front entrance on a busy street with no pull in area. What you need to do is circle the whole block and find a parking deck for the hotel that is poorly marked. We pulled in and drove up a grimy, dark, and questionably safe environment with nobody around or no security visible. We had to guess if we were in the right place after arriving at the upper level. We had to truck our luggage over to a tiny elevator that smelled of urine, had stains and was generally gross and uncomfortable to get into. When we got to the correct floor we could not enter the hotel due to heavy construction and had to walk out and around back to that first entrance. The hotel needs to post a welcome station or an attendant to welcome their guests. The front entrance was over staffed with bell station folks standing around doing nothing while the real activity was happening in that dingy parking garage where guest really needed help. On another note the room was really quite nice and we loved it. Unfortunately the AC did not cool the room properly and it blew like a hurricane and sounded like one the entire time. I hope this hotel gets it right sometime soon. This was our first trip to Nashville and I would really have to think about staying here again. I rated this poor because the minefield that you have to navigate is not necessary even during construction and they have to fix there HVAC system for sure.

Room Tip: Don't expect much of a view. This hotel is urban and everything around it seems to be under con...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank crazyconch
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Other than that….. it feels like this hotel is having an identity crisis. I believe it's in the middle of a construction overhaul.. but I'm a bit worried if they are almost finished. There is some sort of iceberg-like structure in the lobby that feels like a set-design piece from a stage musical version of The Titanic. Additionally there is a gift shop that is in a broom closet (in all fairness, I think that it's temporary, but it really is a broom closet next to the gym for now). The staff was really nice and the bar food was good. The room was very nice and I slept really well…and that's what mattered on this trip the most!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review! We are almost done with construction and hope to see you back again soon!
McMinnville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Take in consideration that renovations are going on but The food was really good and the waitstaff was excellent but you had to deal with construction noise and dust. Make sure the re-do is over before you pay the high cost of staying here....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
4 Thank Susie F
Ocean Grove, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

After our flight was cancelled, we were actually excited to get back to downtown. Free champagne upon arrival. Front desk was very nice. The hotel opens up to 20+ floors of rooms, still being reno'ed and smelled of paint. We had a standard king room that was decorated very modern and clean. Nice Samsung flat screen, nice decorations, comfortable bed. They offer shuttles to downtown but it is a downhill 10minute (not even) walk. Walking back up was tough ;) the only thing I found weird was no free wifi. They also Do Not have airport shuttle services, but taxis are waiting around the corner. It was 25$standard plus 1$ for every extra person. Not bad at all. I will definitely stay again on next visit to Nashville.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Bear, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The Good:
Lobby is beautiful, rooms are modern with views to die for, nice white and blue/grey themes, clean clear lines to the bathrooms, free bottled water, large HD TV., thick doona's/comfortors, lovely crisp sheets, grey fluffy carpet, nearly black out curtains, a cute retro chair with stool, carger plug near your bed...free champagne on arrival...reduced prices on wines in the bar
The Bad:
Noisy as a prop jet aircraft airconditioning, paper cups in the room for your coffee machine...its not a krugel, why these front desk clerks insist on giving people double tiny beds when we travel on business alone is beyond me...but if I ask for a king/queen bed...please look...bc I CAN NOT sleep well in a tiny double bed...Im not used to it and it would be really appreciated if you could at least try your best to find me a spare one,....or let me know if theres a cancellation....please???  none of this occured...just some young clerk advised me just double double rooms are left...the renovations are non stop and it was soul destroying whilst trying to eat your breakfast...may as well sit on 95 it would be less noisy...the indoor pool is COLD...couldnt swim in it...

with all this being brought to your attention in conclusion I would suggest you check prices...check other nice places that have available rooms...nothing worse than getting a small double bed to sleep in when you asked as kindly as possible to change rooms...and those renovations duriing breakfast time was way too much for my ears...especially after hearing the noise of the air conditioners rattling all night.

however....this hotel once it is finished will be lovely....just too inflexible for me to give it 5 stars. - it's a shame....bc I really love hotels where the staff are not counting beans and slotting their guests into levels of care categories. If u know what I mean

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 6:30 and were in a hurry to get to our room.

The hotel was obviously very busy, and every hotel in downtown Nashville was completely booked for an art festival.

Understandably, our room wasn't ready. Monique at the from desk offered a complimentary drink at the bar and I accepted.

I joked to a guy at the bar that I had only gotten a ticket for myself and not one for my wife. Five minutes later, when my wife joined me at the bar, the bartender politely said, "I understand you didn't get two drink tickets, I'll talk care of you" and offered her a free drink as well.

The attentive staff helped us get our bags to the room - Monique even scurried over to press the elevator button ahead of the bellman just to speed the process. The bellmen and valet service have been wonderful.

The room was fantastic - the city view was amazing and we've been very pleased with our stay.

Stayed July 2014