“Great room amazing value. MUST AVOID ALLIED CAB 333-3333 dropped my phone in the cab and the driver did not return it to me.”

Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #84 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I love this hotel. Within walking distance to Broadway... clean and very affordable. I made the mistake of dropping my phone in an allied cab. Called the phone and spoke to the driver he said he would return it for $40. I was in shock since the trip in the cab only cost me $12 from Broadway to the hotel. I waited at the lobby and he never came. I called the dispatchers and they said I would have to wait till monday to get it back. I would be back in Illinois on monday. Now its Monday and I called the cabs lost and found and the cab driver didn't even turn it in. She said the drivers have till wednesday to turn in lost items. What if this had been my wallet or purse?? I lost over 1000 photos that were on the memory card. The phone is worthless compaired to the photos. DO NOT CALL 333-3333 FOR A CAB!!!!!!! The hotel staff was wonderful and tried to get my phone back with no success. . But they tried

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank kfiegel

Reviewed 20 April 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. I love the location...we walk downtown. Have stayed both times on the ground level facing the pool. Temper-pedic bed was awesome. Fridge and microwave in room and pretty good selection at breakfast. Met some very interesting guests this trip and shared many laughs. I did see one cockroach but that isn'-t enough to deter me...love Nashville and will stay here again for sure!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank airit
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stayed there last night and when we went up to our room (the room was "ready" with the beds made up) and we always check for bed bugs as we was un making the beds we noticed on both beds there was spots of blood!!! We called front desk and it took them forever to come up and look! They did move us to another and it was ok. This hotel is not worth staying at. Oh and the breakfast sucked. I would advise stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 5 April 2013

There were problems from the moment we checked in. Hotel is under construction. Which under normal circumstances I could have dealt with happily. First when I checked in I was given a King room, I told him that was not what I asked for and he preceded to tell me that since I booked through Expedia I get only what they want to give me. And that they had NO other rooms available and that the best he could do was offer me a roll-away cot for $10 a night. We get to the room and were appealed at the condition it was in. There was a crack under the door at least an inch or so big, it was so large you could see the sun shinning through it from the outside. There was dust on every surface of the room. The room had been recently painted and stunk of paint smell. The outlet covers were not in place and there was just a 6 outlet extender plugged into the bare wall. (As you can see from my picture)
When I called Expedia to raise my concerns I was told that since I booked the stay through their unpublished rate that there was nothing that could be done. As you can imagine I became very upset and asked to speak to a supervisor. She called the Hotel and spoke with the front desk, at which time she was told that they could change my room for me at no additional charge? Seriously! This upset me for a few reason with the main one being I was LIED TO by the person who checked me in. They could have avoided most of this by just switching my room at check in. But no apparently I was lied to right to my face and was trying to be forced to stay in not only a dirty smelly room but one which I felt was not only unsafe but it is apparent that they are giving guests who book through a third party substandard rooms.
After being moved to the second room we felt that the housekeeping obviously could not be trusted so we went to the store and bought our own linens and blankets, went back to the room and remade both beds. After trying to squeeze into the tiny bathroom I found a cockroach on the wall near the tub. At that point we just gave up and barely spent any time in the room at all.
My advice is to Run not walk to a different hotel!
This place should not even be branded!!!! Gives the whole chain a bad name!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Good location to the downtown musical centre, about a 10min walk. The beds are quite comfy but the hotel is showing age. Everything was clean but some areas are a bit aged. I think the owner should lower the price because it's quite high

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This hotel was abysmal; the premises are in disrepair, and the rooms are filthy, as our bathroom reeked of urine. There was also a burn mark on the comforter in our non-smoking room. It was freezing cold outside and our heater did not work. Although the individual who made our reservation informed me that the hotel offers federal government employees a discounted rate, they would not honor the discount for me, so we paid $240 for one night for the horrendous accommodations. To add insult to injury, when we went to check out, a car was parked illegally behind our car, almost blocking us into our parking space and obstructing the sidewalk, such that we could barely get our luggage to the car and pull out of our parking space. Upon reporting this to the front desk, they did not seem to care at all. I would not recommend staying at this hotel under any circumstances.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

We stay in Nashville a night or to a month and more than half the time we stay at this Comfort Inn. The staff is nice and helpful. The rooms are basic but are clean and comfortable. It is a long walk or a short cab ride to downtown Nashville and cabs are usually circling through the parking lot and are easy to get. The only negative thing about this hotel is the very small size of the bathroom toilet shower area. Also the sink counters were installed at a very low height, which feels strange. But overall it is a good hotel with a convenient location and I will continue to stay here while in Nashville.

• Stayed: March 2013