“Solid Budget Property”

Ranked #84 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Toronto, Canada
“Solid Budget Property”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay at this property. My take on the experience (first one was the same time in September 2012) is that the service has worsened. The whole front desk experience is horrible. Upon checkin, I get the impression that all they're worried about is selling tours. Upon check out at 7am, I had to wait for 5 minutes to show up at the front desk. The receptionist was no where to be found.

The lobby may be getting remodelled and the rooms might be in order, but if service levels decline, I don't see a reason to come back next year.

The property also does not recognize its frequent guests. It did last year with a guest amenity, albeit small. This year, nothing. Has this property forgotten to care? I'm not sure anymore.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
North Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is close to downtown. We were able to walk .8 of a mile to the music on Broadway and then take a cab back to the hotel for only 7 dollars plus tip. The room needed a little work and the construction next door was a real pain when we wanted to sleep it off in the morning. There was construction all over the hotel but I would give them another chance next time we need a hotel in Nashville.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Mac K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding the construction at our property. Although we are almost done at this moment. Our new lobby is ready now. Guest satisfaction is our first priority and we all work very hard to make a lasting impression with our guests. Once again thank you very much for your stay. Hope to see you soon.
Baraboo, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

When we first entered the room, it smelled to me like bug spray had recently been applied - and perhaps rightfully so since a few minutes later I found a dead cockroach in the bath tub. Other than that, the room was O.K. The bathroom seemed unusually small, however. The toilet paper holder was mounted in such a manner that you would need to be a gymnast to reach it. The continental breakfast was good, although they did run out of sausage one morning. All in all, I would probably not stay there again.

Room Tip: Get to your room early because parking can be a problem.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Ottawa Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn downtown Nashville from August 15 to August 18 I am not sure what all the bad reviews were about the hotel is a Comfort Inn so do not expect a Sheraton but the hotel is clean, comfortable the pool is large and always kept clean.

In the morning you have a complimentary breakfasts and the variety is excellent I found the staff extremely friendly and always courteous remember if you want to be treated in a nice fashion treat the people in a similar fashion.

The hotel is in walking distance from Broadway you must walk over the overpass which is well lit and safe then walk to two set of lights before turning left you will see a popular restaurant on one side and a gas station at the end of the street at this gas station you can buy cold beer to bring back to your room the walk to Broadway is not long and we found it very safe during daytime and nighttime.

The bars are all located on Broadway one after another and the bands play for tips we saw great country music and a combination of new and old variety check out Wildhorse for great music and good food also Tequila Cowboy had some good bands a lot of people like Tootsies but Legends and the stage were our favorites and the nice thing was no cover charge at any locations.

We also took the backstage tour of the grand Ole Opry I would recommend just taking the regular tour the other backstage tour is very expensive and we found we were rushed through the difference is $20 for the regular tour and $90 for the backstage tour plus you still need to buy your entrance ticket.

Great hotel for the price and if you are looking for a bit of upscale restaurant check out the old train station that is now a hotel we had a very nice steak meal at this location.

I would go back again to the Comfort Inn another plus is they have free water bottles at the lobby entrance they are on a bit of construction phase in the lobby but it did not affect the hotel rooms or noise of construction do not only take the word of complainers give this location a shot.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bob-Pat
Just want to thank you for your recent stay at our property. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing your great experience on trip advisor. We truly value the opinions of our customers. Once again thank you very much for staying with us. Hope to see you soon.
green bay wi
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I don't sweat the small stuff, so yea the place is in need of major updating, but that is not a huge issue with me. the cleaning staff and the maintainance staff were very nice, friendly, happy people. Front desk staff could use some training in customer service.
WHAT DID NOT MAKE ME HAPPY was waking up to the mouse in our room ( I heard it in the garbage can). they did change us to a different room, however be advised that the mouse probably came in through the hole in the wall behind the toilet. (I know this because the mouse ran into the bathroom while I was in there and disappeared)The new room had a larger hole in the wall behind the toilet however upon our request they sealed it up tight. So check behind the toilet for holes! I am sure this mouse does not live alone!
ANOTHER issue was that some of the bath towels and washcloths had stains on them. Now that was really GROSS. I have never encountered this before and I travel a lot!
The WIFI was not very consistent and we lost the signal a lot.
One nice touch was the free bottled water in the office! We used this a lot!
NOTE TO MANAGEMENT: seeing that Nashville is hot and sunny, buy 3 more umbrellas for the tables by the pool. you have a nice pool but it was 90 plus degrees and really hot sitting in the sun! (3 other tables did have umbrellas)
To get to downtown, walk a couple of blocks to 12th and Demonbreun and catch the FREE "music city circuit" bus the bus drivers are extremely helpful with any questions about getting around. Grab a schedule on the bus, for easier navigation.

1 Thank suznsoc
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Staff was neither friendly nor helpful. Hotel did not mention construction issues at time of booking. What the staff called a "block party" that occurred during our stay was a city-wide concert. We left a day early to escape the noise and lack of cleanliness.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Louisville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My friend and I reserved a room at this hotel because of its location. We reserved for the 17th of August to attend a concert. They changed the date without our knowledge and we had to find another hotel when we went to check-in. The staff at the counter was not understanding at all and charged the card on the account when we showed up. My friend complained to choice customer service and then they made the reservation elsewhere. Because of the complaint, the General manager called the next morning. He was extremely argumentative, and he blamed us for making the reservation incorrectly even though one of his reps made it over the phone. He refused to refund what they charged when we tried to check in (the charge wasn't there a few hours earlier). My friend called the franchise owner and sent the rude emails she received from the GM to them and finally got an apology and refund from the GM the following day. Our intention was to be able to walk to the arena in a decent place that I've been before. I will never attempt to stay there again. Whether or not the customer is right, you should NEVER blame them or be rude. Courtesy goes a long way.