“Ok hotel - nice prices”

Ranked #86 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Stadsbygd
“Ok hotel - nice prices”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

To make this clear: the Comfort Inn Downtown is not a high class luxury hotel - and that's perfectly ok with me. The location is ok - and the 15 minute walking distance downtown is in most situations just what you need. The room I had was big and clean and the hotel offers free wifi. All in all it's a ok place to stay to a nice price!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank baardos
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on trip advisor. I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I just want to let you know that we are the cheapest hotel in Downtown with free breakfast, free wi-fi and free parking. Once again thank you for your feedback and staying with us. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Jackosn, TN
Reviewed 21 November 2013

11/20/13
PROS:
Didn’t use the tub/shower so don’t know about water pressure. But tub & toilet super clean!
Comfortable bed, & it had box springs rather than just a box as a foundation.
Plenty of towels, etc. but were rough – could use some water softener when washed so they will soften up.
Taza’s restaurant delivers meals (they have steaks, etc. & you don’t have to just order pizza or Italian. You do have a choice). The delivery fee is only $1.
AMENITIES:
No closet but there’s a wardrobe. In the wardrobe was ironing board, iron & a safe. Refrigerator cracked but it did look like it would cause a problem (was cold inside) it was very clean, but I didn’t use. Small microwave & was very clean. Hair dryer (didn’t use), phone, wide screen TV – worked great. coffee in room, soap, shampoo, moisturizer. Nice high back chair (only 1 chair in room as there’s no more room for a second chair).
CONS:
Bathroom flooring looks relatively new, but I spilt water on the floor & used a towel to sop it up & the towel ended up being dirty (glad I wasn’t barefoot);
Rugs thread-bare, old & looked dirty, but I notice outside a few roles of carpet so I assume they just hadn’t gotten to this room yet (room 253).
Had room with 2 beds (only needed one). One bed had ripped sheet.
Front door didn’t always close you had to manually push/pull it closed. But the day I was packing to leave it decided to close completely & my then key decided to quit working. Had to get a new key at the front desk.
Bottom of bathroom door looks like it sat in water for a long time & frame & door needs painting.
Behind toilet paper it’s deep where they can put another roll there. It was dirty & had crumbled plaster in there (I cleaned it).
Very, very, slow draining sink.
MISC.:
Could use an overhead light, but that’s not a big deal, plenty of lighting in dressing area.
In the morning, while I was putting my items in my car, my key decided it didn’t want to work anymore. Did get another key, but he told me to come to the front desk & get it & I said I can’t walk far (slightly handicapped) & I drove over there - when I went to the front desk he was just coming back in to the office & said he went to my room with a new key. How thoughtful.
Real cheap ($10 type) bedspreads. But that could be a plus too as most places don’t wash the bedspreads & no telling what was on them (I always take them off the bed). These bedspreads can easily be washed.
4 tiny square pillows per bed. That’s OK as when put together they were fine. If you're picky about the sheets being a tight fit, these are not & not the top of the line. They were fine for me.
I think this motel is overpriced, but it’s close to downtown & Vanderbilt, so who's to complain. Choice Hotel’s price is more in line for what I thought the price should be, but my daughter (who’s a member) wasn’t with me this time. I booked through Hotel.com & saved $10 over every other site & the motel’s rate. With Choice Hotel you save about $25-$30.
The toilet seemed low. Guess that’s because some travelers may have children.
It’s no smoking inside any facility now in Nashville. I am a smoker. When I went outside all I could hear was this constant beeping. Don’t know what it was. And lights outside go off at 5:45am & it’s dark.
If you’re allergic to pets, keep in mind this is a pet friendly motel.
OK, now for the construction:
It starts about 6AM (sunrise about 6:10am). I was on the side where the construction work goes on. It didn’t bother me at all, (but I was up at 4am), as it’s not that noisy. I was in room 253 (next time I’d like room 254 as it was at the end of the group of rooms, had access to go to pool area where I believe food is at-they have a continental breakfast-I didn't partake, where washer & dryers aren't far, etc.). At least I wasn’t near the main street as it’s noisy, nor was I near the dumpsters as they come about 5am. However, at about 4:15 (before lights go out), there was a man searching the trash cans for food????…homeless???? Construction ends between 3:30pm & 4pm. No problem with workers being in the way or taking up parking spaces that might be needed.
Would I recommend this motel to others? YES. Basically very clean, no bugs, mice, bedbugs, etc. And when the new carpet gets put down it will be almost 100% done. Maid just needs to MOP the floors – she may have just vacuum over them…they are phony dark wood looking & you can’t see the scum on the floor. Very friendly & helpful people at the front desk (heard one talking on the phone in another language so they’re bi-lingual as well).
Because of the cons & not all renovations or construction being completed, & higher price than what I felt it should be, I rated this only a 4 star. Nobody’s perfect, but some of the cons will no longer be there as they continue to improve. I will be coming back to Nashville for surgery at Vanderbilt & will definitely stay at this motel (only about 10 mins. away).

Room Tip: If you're not a late sleeper, take a room by where the construction is going on. It's the 2...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MJ J
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us on trip advisor. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. As you know, we are almost done with our renovations. We are putting new bedding's in our rooms and our new lobby is ready for our guests. Once again, thank you very much for your appreciation. Looking forward to see you soon.
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was a typical older motel. We chose it for the location, which was a 15 minute walk from the Bridgestone Arena and reasonable price. For personal reasons we were late in booking this time so it was the best we could find. The rooms were dated and a little stale smelling. I'm guessing the scented cleaning agent used was to cover that someone had previously smoked in the non-smoking room. Reception, staff and breakfast buffet we all good but given the rooms chances are we would try someplace different next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Although this hotel was convenient to a lot of downtown venues, it really needs to be renovated. I didn't like having to go outside to get to the breakfast area and the eating area was very small. The room itself was on the small side and lighting was not good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed in early November (a few days ago) and when we arrived, the room looked cramped but the price was right. When I woke up in the early morning, there were many large cockroaches in the bathroom. My father saw them when he woke up in the middle of the night in the bathroom and said he thinks he felt one crawl over his hand as he slept. When I told the front desk how disgusted and disappointed we were, they said that the manager wouldn't be in for another hour and they could only give us 15% off for our trouble. I filed a formal complaint with Choice Hotels and they said that I would receive a phone call from the hotel within 72 hrs. It has been a day longer and I haven't heard from them.

When we asked the receptionist to point us in the direction of downtown, she pointed the wrong way and we realized it after walking a block in the wrong direction. The breakfast was less than what I've come to expect from other Comfort Inns as well, with nobody keeping the area tidy. Our stay was repulsive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda S

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Harvey York Co
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights, had a nice large king room with fridge, microwave, easy chair, desk and safe. Pretty standard continental breakfast, quite quiet for a large hotel, 20 minute walk to downtown, restaurants across the street. Couple of minor complaints: the wifi didn't work our whole stay, and despite reporting it three times and being assured it was being fixed, it never was. Staff was not exactly friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mac K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
First, let me thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your outstanding comments. And please accept my sincere apology for the Wi-Fi inconvenience. Complete guest satisfaction is our primary motto and we have a dedicated team with us who works hard to make a lasting impression with our guests. Once again thank you very much for your stay with us. Hope to see you soon.
MISSOURI
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and myself stayed 3 nights here. It's about a 15 min walk down hill to the downtown area. Or walk the 2 blocks and wait for the free bus to take you downtown, we did both. A taxi from 2nd Ave to hotel cost about 7 bucks. The location is perfect for us since I hate to pay for parking.
We only had the free breakfast once and it was the typical food, good. The only thing is... We got there late and the OJ was already out and the apple juice was really watery but we were there late.

I wish the WIFI would have been a little better, we could never connect to it the whole time we were there, kinda a bummer. But as for the room itself, it was good. Clean and spacious and the maid service was very good. Everyone we meet or spoke to was very nice and helpful.
They are doing work here but it didn't bother us at all, in fact I can't wait to stay again once everything is done, the pool area looked great!! Hope they don't raise the rates because of this!!

I would stay here again and recommend it to other friends as well

Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mac K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. So glad to know that you were able to receive our southern hospitality. We look forward to see you soon.