“unwelcomed”

Ranked #23 of 64 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Description: Sagebrush is a casual dining Steakhouse. Our menu is full of appetizing items with an emphasis on hand-cut steaks. We also offer award winning ribs, fresh seafood & chicken, as well as a variety of garden fresh salads, appetizers, homemade desserts and a full bar. We pride ourselves in serving a great meal with value & variety in a family friendly environment. Dine In - Take Out - Catering
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

my roommate and i ate there this evening just for a girls night. The food was good and the service was good however while we eating we noticed the servers standing at the server line they was yelling back and forth for there conversation. when i go out to eat i like to enjoy a quiet setting not hearing the servers yelling. As we left our server preceded to tell us to have To good night and so forth.We headed to the door and noticed the manager standing there.She didn't even till us bye or to have a good night. My roommate and i felt very unwelcomed and ignored.Will think twice about having a girls night there again! 01-13-14

SagebrushSteak, Guest Relations Manager at Sagebrush Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hi. I apologize for your disappointment in your recent visit to our Newport location. We strive to deliver the best dining experience possible and we obviously fell short during this visit. Please feel free to send me your contact information via Contact Us on SagebrushSteakhouse.com and I would be happy to have the Regional Director of that location contact you. We appreciate your feedback as it is always important to us. Christine

Reviewed 11 November 2013

After reading all the great reviews on tripadvisor we thought we would give Sagebrush a try.
From the outside the restaurant looks nice enough. Upon entering two ladies were just leaving and I asked "how was It?" Her reply was that this is a hit or miss place. Upon entering we were greeted by a nice friendly hostess, big smile and greeting, was nice. A slight problem started when they could not decide where to seat us, in fact a little tisk between them ensued, lol.. Not kidding.
Finally were were led to a table and on our way noticed table after empty table left uncleaned.
We were seated in a booth and all the empty booths around us were not cleared. It was not in our plan to eat our meal looking at filthy tables. We simply got up and headed out the door.
I can't rate the food or steaks here as we never tried them. From our experience we have at least learned to run from a restaurant that cares so little about the condition of their place. Sorry just my thoughts and you might fare much better.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Have dined here 5-6 times in last 3 years during travels to Newport and its normally good
sometimes a bit slow but normally ok. The tips and peppers are good as well as the
NY strip have to say the ribeyes were just so so lots of fat. Last trip I walked over from the motel 6 just to get burger and it was very good.

1  Thank surfgermany
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We always stop at the Motel 6, half way to and from HHI S. Carolina, and notice that the parking lot is always full. Must be a good place. This time we were so tired, we decided to just walk over, and we are glad we did. They have a very large menu, something for everyone. We had the best waitress, but I did not write down her name. She was friendly and a lot of fun. I had the chopped steak with onions and gravy. Wow, what a meal. It was huge. We all enjoyed our meals, and we will definitely return next year.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Located right next to Motel 6 where we stayed, Sagebrush was very convenient to access. We were a bit late, so not too many people in the place. Good food, though a bit salty, good service, and a very good beer after a long day of driving.