“Great Service”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Honestly, I am fairly exhausted with Cracker Barrel. For years the chain has been the "go-to" highway stopping point. Overall, the food is okay, but again too much of an okay thing rarely bodes well. As such, you can imagine my excitement when my wife suggested we stop at Newport, TN Cracker Barrel. That excitement waned even more upon pulling into the drive way and finding the building showing some age. And so it was with low expectations that I went to dinner.

Overall, the experience greatly surpassed expectation. We were seated immediately (despite family of 6 and crowded parking lot); food service was quick and hot; server was very courteous and engaging. In fact, she was probably the most attentive Cracker Barrel server I have yet experienced.

For dinner we ordered:
* Pecan Pancakes and grits: split two ways.
* Summer Special - Roast beef camp style: basically beef, carrots, potatoes, corn, and onions cooked in foil.
* Chicken Dumplings: classic my wife can't stay away from.

Total bill for family of 6 was less than $30 and everyone was full. That's a win in any sit-down restaurant.

Only detractor from experience was the restroom. Team did not seem to make that a priority, out of paper towels and toilet tissue all over the floor.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Cracker Barrel has something for everyone. Wonderful vegetables, good salads, good breakfasts, etc. The food is consistent. No matter where the Cracker Barrel is located you can expect to find the same quality of food.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am not a fan of Cracker Barrel due to my food is usually cold but this one is great and has changed my opinion. Fast, friendly service and really good and hot food. Try the blueberry pancakes! You won't have to eat the rest of the day!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Since Newport is a smaller city the service here is awesome. The food is just a awesome! I highly recommend coming here!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Cracker Barrel was our choice in Newport TN as the others just didn't have great review. We had a good meal at reasonable price.

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!