“Basic Clean Room”
Review of Motel 6 Newport

Motel 6 Newport
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The standard room was clean but small. It did not have a microwave, coffee machine or refrigerator. They offer coffee in the lobby. It was reasonably priced and didn't have that chemical cleaner smell. I was told that its an eco-friendly building.The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was right off route 40. There were many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank brooklyngirl56
M6mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit and for choosing to stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

This motel is very simple. You get the basics two full beds and a bathroom. If you're like us you use your phone as an alarm and grab a coffee from the lobby. Its a perfect one stop stay :) I highly recommend it! We got two rooms the only thing that bothered me was the second floor was a mix of smoking and non. Traveled with smokers so we stayed on the same level. I could get a shift of it from time to time. Other then that I was very happy with our stay and will make sure we stop back next year on our yearly trip to myrtle beach. I'll be sure to get the 3rd flop though :)

• Stayed: December 2012
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments on your recent stay with us. Its always a pleasure to receive such wonderful comments as yours, as it serves as an encouragement to me and my staff. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Newport!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

If you are one who travels with your own shampoo, conditioner and blow dyer this is a great place to stay and save $$$. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. My son and daughter in law needed a room with a refrigerator. Apparently none of the regular rooms have a refrigerator but they did have a suite available that had a complete kitchen, living room and 2 beautiful bedrooms and a washer and dryer!!. Tom the clerk who assisted me with the reservations was extremely helpful! All of the staff we encountered were very polite and friendly. This may not be a "5" star motel, but it is definitely a "10" ! Lots of restaurants and fast food places nearby, and they did have coffee in the lobby in the am.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you for choosing Motel 6 in Newport! We really appreciate all of the positive comments you made concerning your recent stay with us, it was our pleasure to serve you! Your comments are a great encouragement for our team as we strive to always provide the best possible stay for our guests and we're glad that not only you had a great experience, but that you decided to share it with us.Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

This is a good motel to stay if you are visiting the Newport area or passing through on interstate 40. Also close enough if you are visiting Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. Very clean and up to date motel and very nice people. Also much cheaper than other motels in this area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank c-130jfe
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments on your recent stay with us. Its always encouraging for us to receive positive feedback from our guests. As always, the pleasure was all ours and we look forward to hopefully serving you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 in Newport!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

We stayed here on a quick overnight trip to visit my niece. The room was extremely clean. We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. I have to give a "shout out" to the GM Tim Grooms. He runs a top notch operation!!! Every clerk that I had contact with was extremely nice. If you are expecting a 5 star hotel experience, you will be disappointed. However, if you just need a clean, safe, inexpensive place to stay for a couple of nights you have found the right place!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mlm68
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments concerning your recent stay with us. Its always a pleasure to receive such positive and encouraging feedback. At Motel 6 we strive for complete satisfaction with every guest. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I chose this place to stop over on en route to Knoxville and felt it was a safe bet given the ratings on this website. Among this category of motels, this one was slightly better than average and sufficed as a play to stay for the night. The bed was comfortable enough, although the pillows could have been better and the room is a bit on the small side. Overall, the room and bath were clean and checking in & out was quick and efficient. I wish they had a small breakfast bar, even if not overly fancy. However as it is right next to the interstate, there are plenty of fast-food choices in the immediate vicinity. It definitely is more a budget motel in terms of amenities and compares favourably to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mlin32
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We certainly do appreciate the positive comments made. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope that if you're ever by this way again that you will give us the opportunity to serve you. We will leave the light on for you!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

All motels, hotels that were available during fall foliage season were so inflated we were so fortunate to find this unusually great motel 6 that also excepts pets. Still in view of the mtns. We paid less that $65.00 for 2 people and our pet. Very different than the motel 6,s I remembered in the 70,s.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Oklan95

Thank you for your recent review of our property and for the positive comments made. It was our pleasure to serve you. Your comments are a great encouragement to me and my staff. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to respond about your stay with us, we greatly appreciate it! I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Comfort Inn Newport
#4 of 10 in Newport
Jefferson Inn
Jefferson Inn
#3 of 8 in Dandridge

Been to Motel 6 Newport? Share your experiences!