“I nearly walked out”

Cuisines: American
Sevierville, Tennessee
“I nearly walked out”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I truly wish I could say that my visit was awesome but I would be lying. Just about everything that could be wrong in restaurants was happening here. My husband & I were excited to see a wings place in Newport & could not wait to try out the Smoky Mountain Wing & Grill. When we walked in the hostess was on the phone. I will give her credit, she was taking down a to-go order but once she hung up she stood at the counter for a good 2 minutes before I asked if we were suppose to wait to be seated or seat ourselves. The tables were dirty, the décor was somewhat thrown together, flies were buzzing around the dining room and wires were hanging out everywhere.

I should have known after waiting nearly five minutes before our waitress even greeted us that this was going to be a mistake. We were ready to order when she finally came over & asked for our drink orders but left immediately after we said "We'll both be having sweet tea." She finally brought out our drinks four-five minutes later & asked if we knew what we wanted. We ordered 15 boneless wings to share & was told that “It’s going to take a long time for that because we’re so backed up right now. You still want wings?” We answered that it would be fine then looked around when she left. There were three tables in the entire restaurant besides ours; two of which already had their food; however the waitress was not kidding on the wait. It took nearly 45 minutes for our food to arrive at which point the waitress finally refilled our empty drinks.

We had Medium, Hot, & XHot flavors as asked (5 of each) but the waitress hadn’t the slightest idea which was what & said we’d find out once we bit into them. I was a little upset with this answer but happy to finally have our food. They were all over cooked & felt like we were eating buffalo flavored rocks & had it not been for that they may have had potential. While we ate I noticed the waitress leave the store & get into her car. She had left. We thought that maybe she was taking a quick break but after waiting nearly 20 minutes after our food was gone we were fed up. We asked the hostess to please ring up our order so that we could leave and was told the waitress had our check. I gave him our orders & said we were not waiting any longer, paid, then left.

TLDR: Bad service & cleanliness. Wing had potential if they hadn’t been burnt to a crisp & took 45 mins.

• Visited September 2012