“very bad people work there”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newport
Family Inns of America Newport East
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed at cosby highway in was there for a week. Empoyee asked if I had pain meds. Gave her a few. The day I left the pain meds was missing. I brought it to managers attion she went back to the house keeper and said I blamed them. But there wasn't butthree people that had keys me , manager, and house keeper that stayed and the property. I wouldn't stay there even if it was for free. They need new managment and workers. Thy have roaches and it is full of people that take pills. Its not safe for families with small kids. Cops where there 4 out of 7 days I was there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 78babygirl
There are newer reviews for Family Inns of America Newport East

Reviewed 11 January 2013

!st of all it is very nasty and i guess thats why they do a no refund policy. I went there a few nights ago and got a room and i always check the beds at any motel. When my sheets where all wrinkled and looked dirty as if they wasnt cleaned and just made and when I lifted the cover a few dirty napkins feel out and you could so tell that they had been used. SO GROSS. But I wasnt trying to really be a pain and w trying to be nice about it so I asked for different sheets and I do it myself. The girl at the front desk said she couldnt give my any and put us in a different room after she act like i was lieing about it. Well I went in the 2nd room and a quick look at the bed it looked better so I stayed. After really getting in the room i seen at leat a quarter of a inch of dust on the lamps, only got 6 channels to watch which is supposable cable tv, sink had coke splatters in it, bathroom floor had it looked like urine droppings on it, hair and dirt on the bathroom floor, hait in shower, and both rolls of toliet paper barely had any on it. You could only use the bathroom 2 times and where out.Needless to say we got up and left. We didnt stay cause it was so nasty and really upset me cause they have a so called no refund policy.I woud never recommend anyone to stay there..

Room Tip: My best tip would be to stay at motel 6 for 10 dollars more and so much cleaner and up to date.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here on our way home from the beach and it was the middle of the night and we were running out of options. We should have kept driving! The non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke, the room was run down, shower barely worked, washcloth was stained, toilet wouldn't flush, killed a roach-- you name it, it happened. On a good note, though, the employee said it had just been taken over by new management and they were trying to get it cleaned up. I hope they do!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MJCJ
Reviewed 19 March 2009

They say you get what you pay for. Come on folks, what do you expect for this price. Where have you been. The place is a little run-down, but has clean beds, hot water,remote T.V., even an oven. The only negative thing is that the room could use new carpet. To me, the staff was very friendly and made my stay worthwhile.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank SecondBaseman
Reviewed 4 March 2009

My husband and I stayed at this inn recently with our 3 month old son, 2 year old daughter and 3-and-a-half year old son on our way through the area. If you are looking for a honeymoon or romantic getaway, get your sweetheart a resort or spa reservation. But if you are looking for a no-frills motel for a quick overnight stay off the freeway on a family trip, this is the place to stay. Cheap, clean, and it felt safe (not ghetto or anything) but not fancy. I looked for cockroaches (I hate them!) stains, all the other junk other reviewers supposedly found, but didn't find them in our first-floor room. It was roomy, the hot water was nice and hot. The heater worked well and there was no odd smell or anything (I am sensitive to these kinds of things). There are plenty of places to eat and pick up whatever you need and it is SO convenient to the highway.

We accidentally left a teddybear in the room, and the GM mailed it to us on her dime, and just asked us to reimburse her the postage as soon as we could after it got back to us. Very kind of them.

I take some reviewer's reviews with a grain of salt b/c they expect to get something they don't pay for. For example, there is no breakfast, but that's okay when you can get something on your way on the road. And I'll take that any day when I'm only paying $40 for a room that costs double or triple that right across the street.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank adina77
Reviewed 19 August 2008

This review is long, but please read it all its informative.

This hotel is a rip off, and according to the reviews on this site about the entire line of family inns in the pigeon forge area they all are.

August 18th my husband and I were on our way to Pigeon Forge to take a few days off, we stopped here to spend the night because it was convenient, and signs on the highway boasted truck parking. We checked in paying only about 40 dollars. There was a sign on the wall saying no refunds.
We got there about 9:15 pm and the restaurant closed at 10pm so we immediately went to the restaurant and ate, then at 9:50 or so we went to our room. Within ten minutes I saw a cockroach crawling on the wall. Then a second one. I freaked out, and my husband killed the one near the bed. We got our stuff and headed for the front desk.
The lady at the desk (she said she was the General Manager) said there was no way we could get our money back to go to another hotel. She said the most that would happen is we could get a coupon for a free night at this or another location that would be mailed to my home address. She offered me another room, directly behind the one we were in. I went to inspect it and my husband saw another roach crawling across the floor. I went back to the desk and was informed yet again there was NO WAY i was getting a refund. The head of security gave me a telephone number to call in the morning. and the "Genera Manager" gave us a room in the front building (the one with the restaurant inside it) and we stayed.
I personally didn't sleep, my husband caught a few hours but my being awake all night disturbed him. So neither of us actually got any rest.
In the morning I called the number I was given, which was not to the head office as I was told but to another hotel. The lady there transferred me around, then finally I hung up and called back. I finally reached someone in customer service who asked me to call back in an hour and speak to the CEO of the company. He also stated that I should have received a refund last night and not been forced to stay in the hotel.
I called back at 9:30 am as instructed and asked for the CEO (I was actually given his name) but was informed that he still wasn't in, he had a manager meeting on Tuesday mornings that must have gone over.
After calling again, I finally spoke to the CEO who said he would call the extermination (pest control) company that was used and would complain, then said have a nice day.

They offer rooms that are dirty, and in disrepair, and full of cockroaches, and REFUSE to refund your money. The staff is unhelpful and unwilling to do anything to accommodate you.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank peopaka
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Me and my husband needed a get-away trip for just a night and this place was fairly close but not too close so we went there and stayed in the jacuzzi suite upstairs above the office. The price was insanely cheap so we thought that the room would be a flop. We had to walk up a lot of stairs and down a long walkway so I had time to think about the room that was awaiting us at the end. Well we opened the door and to our surprise, it was great! The room was huge and very open! The bed was even bigger than a normal king(at least it felt that way) and it had a gorgeous fireplace but the best thing was the jacuzzi itself which was very large. I am a very large woman and I found the tub to be just great for me and my hubby! There was a kitchenette so we went to the Wal-Mart super center that was almost next door and picked up some food for the room. This place was right off of Interstate 40 and was on a road that had every possible restaurant that we could imagine. We had a great time. I am sorry that the normal rooms must not be in great shape but the suite was definitely sweet!

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled as a couple