“no breakfast”

Knights Inn Newport
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Newport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Newport
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Room Decor was a little dated, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. There was some traffic noise from the Interstate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

shilpa b, Manager at Knights Inn Newport, responded to this review, 4 October 2014
We would like to thank you for your stay at Days Inn Newport. Sorry for the noise from interstate. we appreciate to you and hope to see you soon. It was great having you as our guest.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Do not stay here. We are road trippers and use budget motels all the time. We are not that picky and never complain, but this needs to be read. This was the worst one we have ever stayed in. Wallpaper was peeling, water damage to bathroom ceiling, rusty bath fixtures, STAINED towels, lumpy beds, non-working appliances, mold and mildew around bathtub and toilet, grout was black and pink, room smelled disgusting and we had to air it out. Free breakfast was dry cereal. We passed and went somewhere else to eat. Staff was not friendly. This place needs an inspection by Days Inn. Should be shut down.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else in Newport.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Newport hotels

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 31 May 2014

After checking in my husband decided to rest while I went for a walk/run. Upon my return my husband told me that the water was "Brown". I went to the front desk and ask why? I was told there had been a repair to a water line & needed to leave the water running for 10-15 min and it would return to normal. (Should have been told at ck in) We did this and 1 1/2 hrs.& later the water was still light brown. We left to get some dinner, no shower in brown water. As I laid down in the bed with the room lights off and only bathroom light on I was surprised by a small roach passsing by my face. Another pased on the sheet as I sat up. We moved rooms. In the morning there were roaches as well in the sink area. When I told the front desk about the prob. I was accused of bringing them with me. (I don't travel with bugs! ) We said we didn't want to pay and were told the owner would be in within 2 hrs. Not wanting to stay we left our # and they said he would call us in 2 hrs. 2 days later, after calling Days Inn Corporate we heard from him. I have called the County Enviormentalist and am in the process of contacting the BBB and The Chamber of Commerce. I have stayed in many Days Inn but none soooo poor as this. It's sad they are allowed to have the Corporate name.

Room Tip: The only good room here is staying at another inn. Save youself the bites, doctor apt. and drama...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Comfort Inn Newport
#2 of 8 in Dandridge
Hampton Inn Dandridge
Hampton Inn Dandridge
#1 of 8 in Dandridge

Been to Knights Inn Newport? Share your experiences!