“Very clean and nice property”

Best Western Newport Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Newport
“Very clean and nice property”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This property doesn't exactly catch the eye. It looks like a renovated motel from the sixties, and it probably is from the sixties. But the property is immaculate and has been renovated and updated to a very nice condition. Despite doors that open onto the parking lot and lots of customers, this room was very quiet and very clean. Within walking distance are several restaurants and, unusually, this motel has a lounge and a restaurant attached. The breakfast was standard fare. The price was very reasonable. All in all, a very clean and nice property that fully fills the bill for a nice place to stay on a trip

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
ECoggins, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Newport Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
From all our staff here at the Best Western Newport Inn we extend you our sincere gratitude for your recent visit and review. We strive to provide all our guests with Superior Customer Care while providing a Newly Renovated property with a true southern breakfast. Our convenient location provides access to the authentic Brooklyn Pizzeria restaurant and a beautiful overlook of the Great Smoky Mountains.
Again our appreciation for your business and we hope to serve you above and beyond your expectations on your next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This hotel was wonderful. We have stayed at many inexpensive hotels but this hotel was by far the cleanest, most quiet, efficient and staff friendly hotel we've been to thus far. The breakfast they offered was good and hot. There was no need to stop anywhere else for food. More than enough to eat. The beds were clean, the shower was great and the appearance was just as nice as a more expensive hotel and we've been to plenty of those too. They did a wonderful job of renovating this hotel. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor in the center.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ECoggins, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Newport Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Wow! What can we say besides Thank you! Our staff is very humbled and very appreciative for your recent stay at our Newly Renovated Property! We strive to exceed EACH guest expectations beyond their initial experience. Also our appreciation to you for taking a moment out of your busy schedule to share your wonderful experience with future customers.
Our sincere gratitude for your overall interaction and we are very proud to say we provided you with Superior Customer Care! Thank you again and we are looking forward to your future business at the Best Western Newport Inn!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Lots of large vehicle parking. which is a must for us. very nice location and quite. rooms were big,comfortable and clean.and not stingy with the towels. and the nicest people work her. Thank you all. there is also a lounge and a pizza restaurant attached . and a ruby Tuesday's,waffle house and a cracker barrell within a short walk. walmart just a few blocks away also . like i said a great place. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013
ECoggins, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Newport Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Great! We are very appreciative that you enjoyed your experience with us at the Best Western Newport Inn! Our newly renovated property accommodates many different guest needs. Our sufficient truck parking and convenient restaurant location helps our guests get a good meal after a long drive.
Our thanks to you again for your recent visit and we hope to see you again soon at the Best Western Newport Inn! Thank you for your continued business.
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 September 2013

VERY comfy beds with new, modern furnishings. Room for trucks on the back side with a Cracker Barrel nearby. EZ to locate off I-40.

Brooklyn Pizzeria is also on site and they have VERY good pizza. Was nice to be able to grab a couple of slices at 8pm before we settled into our room.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Breezeways through the middle of the buildings make it easy to access rooms on both sides
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Our staff would initially like to Thank You! for your continued business at our newly renovated property, the Best Western Newport Inn! It is very rewarding to us to hear that we are satisfying our guests with Superior Customer Care! We are also happy to hear that the Brooklyn Pizzeria provided you with a tasteful meal! The food is very tasteful I will say so myself!
Again our appreciation and we hope to serve you again Above and Beyond your expectations!
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

While traveling to visit some family members over the Labor Day Weekend, I decided to stop at this hotel. It was rather late and I didn't have any reservations. The front desk was polite and professional. The room was clean and smelled good. It appeared to me that either the hotel was recently renovated or built.

Unfortunately, the "free" breakfast was nothing to say wow about. Although, it was adequate, it contained slightly watery scrambled eggs, biscuit & gravy, sausage, waffles and dry cereal. The coffee container was empty, and the orange juice was watered down. The staff cleaned up the breakfast area 30 minutes prior to the time I was told by the front desk clerk when I checked in.

Overall, it was a good clean hotel. Luckily, the breakfast was free. If I had to pay for breakfast, I would have been upset.

I would be willing to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013
Our property here at the Best Western Newport Inn initially sends you our appreciation for your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your checkin process and also the Newly Renovated rooms were satisfactory. However, our most sincere apologies that your experience with our breakfast were not above your expectations! We strive to overly and abundantly exceed your overall experience at our property!
Again our apologies and we hope to serve you Above and Beyond your expectations on your next visit with us! Thank You!
Erlanger, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We are a Best Western loyal family. We usually have a great experiences, so when my husband and I decided to book our one night (halfway stop between our vacation destination and home) at this hotel we didn't expect anything different.

Boy were we wrong!!! From check in to check out it was a terrible experience. Front desk was rude to my husband. I think he interrupted her tv show!!! My daughter and I waited in the car while he checked in. While waiting a van pulled in in front of our car. This woman was on her cell phone and stared at us. She left her van sit idling while she went inside. It wasn't a guest. It was housekeeping. We had to back up and go around her.

The hallway leading to our room was dirty and filled with dried mud. Yes, it was an outside hall so I thought, "ok, I will let that slide". The room was dirty, the tub was stained, the towels were damp. I told my husband that we were not staying here. I was scared of bed bugs!!!!

He was too tired to continue driving and since we were not familiar with the area we stayed. I only brought in what luggage we needed and after cleaning with wet wipes, I placed what luggage we brought in off the floor. I put it on desks, chairs, and luggage racks.

We stopped by the front desk to ask for more towels (clean and dry towels). Interrupted the front desk again. She said, "hmm, ah, we have a problem with the towels, don't know if I have any". Seriously??? You are a hotel!!!!

Thank heavens I had clean beach towels with us. That is what we used. When we left the next morning I did NOT leave a tip as I usually do. We expressed our displeasure at check out. Nothing. Not even an I am sorry. We used our points for our stay, then found out the room was only $30.00 per night. So we said, "oh, lets save our points and pay the $30.". This person said, "no, we already have your points". That was about strike #10!!!

We drove home. As I was unpacking to start laundry something jumped on me. Wasn't sure what it was. Then something jumped on our whites. It was fleas!!! I was so worried about bed bugs that I didn't even think about fleas. We brought fleas home with us!!!!!

Please, please, please do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room. Sleep in your car. Sleep at a rest stop. Just do not stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tammy M
ECoggins, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Newport Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Our entire team staff here at the Best Western Newport Inn would initially like to send you our most sincere apologies for your unfortunate visit with us. Our trained staff strives to achieve Superior Customer Care for All our guests and anything less than a five star review is unacceptable.
We would be most grateful if you would give us another chance to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Newport tn. Our appreciation again for your initial decision to stay with us and consideration for a second. As always, we hope to serve you above and beyond your expectations. Thank you for your review and business.
Mason, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The staff at this hotel is more than helpful. The rooms are clean and the sleep quality is good. I have eaten at the restaurant and found the food good. I stay at this motel often and would like to eat at some other places but find the methods of transportation slim. I drive a semi so I cannot just run down the street.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Ronald S
We would first like to send you our appreciation with the upmost gratitude for your recent stay and review of our Newly Renovated property! We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty to stay at the Best Western Newport Inn. Regarding your dinner selections, we would be more than happy to refer you to a method of a transportation service. Our location does have a few transportation services and please check with our Guest Service Team and we will gladly help.
Again our many thanks and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newport South
Hampton Inn Dandridge
Hampton Inn Dandridge
#1 of 8 in Dandridge
Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel

Been to Best Western Newport Inn? Share your experiences!