“Nice place to spend the night”

Comfort Inn Newport
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Newport
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice place to spend the night”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed here on a Satuday night with my wife and daughter on the way to Myrtle Beach. The lady at the desk was very friendly. Our room was clean and spacious. Wife and daughter tried the pool and liked it. Their free wifi was strong. I would not hesitate to stop here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SaltyDog67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Newalla
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We just spent one night here on our way to SC. Rooms were nice, staff was nice and friendly. Breakfast was good. Will keep it in mind if we're ever in the area again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ducksoup1959
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have actually not stayed at this property, but I did make a reservation. When booking online through Choice, I accidentally chose the wrong date for my reservation (clicked April 19 instead of June 19). I didn't realize my mistake until I received an email reminder about the reservation. I called the hotel and the desk clerk said she would take care of it.

Problem solved, right?

Wrong. My card was billed for the stay anyway. I called the day the transaction posted and asked to speak to a manager. I was told there were no managers on property, and that, in fact, there were hardly ever managers on property. The lady took my information and said she would have a manger call me back whenever they were in.

It's now a week later, and I've still not received a call, so I called them again. I asked to speak to a manager, and was again told there were none on perperty. When I explained the situation to her, she basically accused me of lying about it. She said that if I had spoken to someone at the desk, they would have directed me to call an 800 number for the cancellation. She refused to take my information to have a manager give me a call.

Needless to say, when I do make the correct reservation, it won't be with them.

Room Tip: Try and limit your interactions with the very rude staff.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Sunriver, Oregon
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is our second time to stay at this location in the last three years - one paid and one free on Reward Points. The decision to stay here was easy. We were passing through on our way to Nashville and knew what we were getting. This is an older property but it is just fine for the night. We made a last minute reservation with the Choice 800 reservation system just before arriving. The front desk service at check in and check out was fast and polite. The room was clean and neat. The tv's were flat screens and the wi-fi was strong. We opted to skip breakfast but it was the standard fare for Comfort Inns. We would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is an older hotel with a friendly staff and comfortable beds. It is beginning to show some age however, as the bathrooms are showing signs of wear. The staff was very accomodating as my mother-in-law is disabled and needed a first floor room close to an entrance. Overall, this hotel is worth the price for a no frills sleepover.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed in the Jaccuzzi room, for an additional fee of $10. Although clean the place could use some updating; old carpeting, old bathroom vanity and tub. The large jaccuzzi was in the bedroom on a raised platform and surrounded by mirrors. Had sort of an '80s vibe but the location made the room feel cramped. The stopper in the tub didn't work well, so it took some effort to get it to hold the water in. Then I had to hold the stopper down with my toe to keep it from popping back up. The AC unit was very weak, although quiet. And the ice machine on the second floor wasn't working properly. The bathroom sink drained slowly as did the tub/shower in the bathroom. For $84.56, that included the taxes, I would have hoped for a more updated room. Still, it was clean, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and the breakfast was generous and lovely. It's close to restaurants and a grocery store is about a mile down the street. I wouldn't not stay here again, but I like nice hotels and I might look for a Comfort Suites in Knoxville next time. I stayed here because the Comfort Suites I stayed at in Spartanburg was so nice (and it only cost $10.00 more). With that expectation, this was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the Jaccuzzi room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This was our second trip through this area and stay at this motel. Very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms on the left side are good for people traveling with pets. All rooms are quiet, despite th...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newport South
Hampton Inn Dandridge
Hampton Inn Dandridge
#1 of 8 in Dandridge
Quality Inn Interstate

Been to Comfort Inn Newport? Share your experiences!