“Stalked”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed in room 110. This was an interior room near the pool. The pool was nice, even has a small "kiddie" pool section, however the whirlpool was out of order and green. The pool deck is VERY slick, even walking in this area was treacherous. There are three gates to area but all but one are locked at all times. Strange. The website states there is a "fitness facility". This is supposed to be one of the rooms near the pool, room 148. I tried to enter the room with my key card, but it would not open. I returned to the pool area and suddenly three Indian employees/owners (?) came out and started messing with the door and pointing at me and kept watching me the rest of the time I was in the pool area. For the rest of my stay, I was watched by at least one of these people every time I left my room. Creepy. And there is no "coin laundry" for guests. Room was clean and beds were firm but comfortable. The restaurant and bar/lounge are both closed down and off limits. Cameras everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We booked this hotel because of the pictures online. WOW! What a mistake! My parents were in the room next to us. My mom was looking for an outlet and found a pair of scanty panties behind the bed! Our room wasnt terrible, but not that great either. We looked for ice, and found the machine out. I went back to the room to call the front office. When I called the front office, nobody answered. Nobody answered the second time I called either. So, I walked up front to ask if they had another ice machine. She said no. I told her it was out of ice. The smart alec answer I got was, "Well, people are using it. If you want some, you will have to wait or go to BP and get some." Im shocked that this hotel only has 1 ice maker for the whole place!
Don't get me started on the "WI-FI". What a joke! Our room (100) couldnt get it unless we were standing by the door. If you are lucky enough to get online, be prepared to spend all night waiting for things to load. Super frustrating! We will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I went to sleep and woke up to bug bites on my arms and got up and started looking on the bed and the covers and sheets and found bugs crawling on the sheets and cover. How can someone rent a hotel room out knowing the have bugs in the bed and in the room. Thats just sick if i would have known that i would have never got this bug infested room or stayed at this nasty hotel. I want be back and i will spread the word to others that this hotel has bugs in the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank dmcclain5
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Pros: Great rate for the quality of the room. We were very comfortable during our stay. Front desk clerk was very polite @check-in and check-out. Close to some good places to eat. The inn was very clean except for the thousand cigarette butts in the back parking lot.

Cons: Cameras everywhere, I'm sure it was for security but still creepy. The inter ring of rooms around the pool area was enclosed which made the noise level high. Kids and adults at the pool from open till close (might have been because of spring break). I booked the room because the inn had a hot tub and enclosed pool but I didn't get to use the hot tub because it was always packed with kids and their parents. Also the water looked green and not blue like the pool. I think if I could have gotten time in the hot tub not sure if I would have gotten in or not, water looked dirty. Had trouble with wi-fi connect so I just used my phone as a hot spot. Also the breakfast room was very cold(it was a cold morning). Coffee service needs an upgrade.

All in all we were very comfortable and the staff were very nice. Great room for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside ring are quieter during the day.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2012

The room was dirty. Outside there was trash. But the main reason they have bed bugs! They knew it and let us stay there with 3 small children and all their gifts which will probably have to be treated or thrown away. The parent do not have the resources to treat them and will probably get the bed bugs in their home if they don't throw them away. If I were running the place, I would have told them and let them have a choice of whether they would stay or not.

Room Tip: Don't pay for your room first unless you know the hotel to be good. This one looked on line but...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2012

we decided to give this motel another chance after a bad experience the year before, that was the worst mistake. we stayed in room 139 the sink stopper was stuck shut there were no coffee cups only 1 bath towel and roaches in the room. I wen't to the front desk they offered to move us to another room and made up new keys for the other room after going in the other room and finding it not cleand up we ended up staying in the room we had. the next morning we had to throw away special allergen dog food that roaches got into. when we checked out we asked to speak to the manager again after not hearing from her the night before and again she was not available. I told the desk clerk they had my phone# to call me concerning my bad experience needless to say I haven't heard from her. I have photos of the sink and the roaches. Terry V.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed there 10/4/12....for $40 something dollars. I travel quite often & stay in all brands of hotels. I have paid $60 - $70 - $80 per night for much, much worse. Staff was extremely friendly, room was spotless, a/c worked great, internet service worked fine......didn't use indoor pool, but it appeared to be exceptionally well maintained. Honestly, the absolute best hotel for anywhere under $100/night.......it's like a mini Opryland Hotel. If ever travelling I-40 through East TN, I'd drive an extra 25 miles or so to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business