“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oak Ridge
Westgate Lodging - Oak Ridge
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My wife and I were there for 3 months. It was great. People and staff were friendly and helpful. They fixed things promptly. Clean room, internet was good, quiet room and cool to sleep in. I would stay there again. We were very grateful to get a reasonable price compared to other such services in the area. Pool area was always clean and empty for the most part. Grounds were well kept. I have no idea what the negative comments are about. Parking was like any motel facility anywhere else. We mostly parked in the same place each day and I got home at about 6:00.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oak Ridge
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I have no idea what the bad reviewers were talking about. I moved in here 15 months ago, expecting to only stay a couple of months but I soon found that I had no reason to move. I won't be here forever but I'm in no hurry to leave. I havent seen all the apartments here but I've lived in two of them and have seen the inside of a few others. I've never had a problem parking and the lots are well lit...any more and people would complain about too much light at night. Ive never seen drunks (drinking maybe but not "Drunks) around the pool or anywhere else and rarely are there children. My linens are changed weekly and are always clean and fresh. The housekeepers and all the staff are friendly and are not allowed to touch anything that belongs to a tenant, therefore they might have to clean around your clutter and personal items. This is not a four or five star hotel but it is well maintained and clean (assuming you do your part). The only complaint I agree with is being able to hear noise that an upstairs neighbor makes. I've heard the same kinds of noises in Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn...it is what it is. I enjoy using the Rush fitness Center, good TV and Internet reception, housekeeping services, sparkling clean pool and waterfall, grilling shelter, on site laundry, helpful staff, peaceful, safe, quiet surroundings. Some people look for things to complain about and if you look hard enough you will always find something.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms in the back are quietest. August 2011 through Nov. 2012
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RoseORReview
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 7 October 2012

The apartment that I stayed in smelled moldy. The building was old and dirty. I don't know if the other buildings are as bad as the one I was in, 103, but they look just as old and dirty on the outside. The property is way out on the edge of town, no stores or restaurants close by. I walked around the parking lot for exercise and the whole place just looks run down. It is spooky at night too, very dark. I had to park my car in another area twice while I was there because there were no available parking places in front of building 103, and it was very scary walking from the car. They need more parking, more security lights, and to just clean the place up. The sheets and towels smelled bad and were stained and dingy. I even found a small piece of melted candy stuck to one of the washcloths!! And since they don't allow pets, it makes me wonder where the urine smell in the carpet comes from...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
WestGateLodging, Owner at Westgate Lodging - Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
I am writing in response to your comments regarding your stay with us. I am the owner and I take your input very seriously. I take them so serious I am posting my cell number and I ask that you call me to discuss which room and when you stayed with us. Please call me at 561-702-3757. I also want to address a credit for you. We have been in business in Oak Ridge for many years and we do everything to make sure you have a comfortable, clean and safe stay. We invite feedback from our guest while they are here so if there is something they are not happy with we can address it right away and make any needed changes. Some of the items you mentioned do not seem to fit this property. The buildings were built in 1984 but are well maintained. We spend a lot of money on improvements and keeping the buildings and grounds in top shape. We have renovated many of our rooms and the ones that need some renovations are still kept in top shape. I would love to know the room you stayed in to make sure my staff has not missed something. We have kept our rates very low compared to local hotels but we still replace and repair items when needed. Please call me so I can be sure to take care of any outstanding issues.
Everywhere USA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

1st time I stayed at this place. For the money it was not too bad. Although I think it was a little over priced for the area, the age and what it was. Located a few miles from town it is in a nice area and it was quiet. The place is older with 4 buildings and about 20 condos in each building. I had a one bedroom condo that was decent. The condo came with all cooking utensils as well as linens and bath towels. The late check out availability was a plus for me. Only downfalls of the place is that it was kinda dusty, Sneezed a lot. Did not have any extra blankets nor any detergent to wash the dirty dishes that were in the cupboards. A quick trip to walmart solved that problem. The high speed internet access as well as the cable TV was great!

For a weekend getaway or even a temp long term rental this is the place to look into. Brenda in the office is very nice to speak with and she will help you out. Just be sure to remember that the office is closed after 4:30 pm and all weekend.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
WestGateLodging, Public Relations Manager at Westgate Lodging - Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
We are glad to chose WestGate for lodging needs in Oak Ridge! WestGate provides our guests with an after-hours number in case you need anything or experience any issues. If you decide to visit us again, please don't hesitate to call. We will be happy to ascertain you have extra blankets. WestGate does offer plentiful accommodations in an apartment style always under per-diem.

We are glad you enjoyed the internet, weekly maid service, and premium cable service. Please remind us who you are when you return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Ridge
#2 of 7 in Oak Ridge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West
DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge

Been to Westgate Lodging - Oak Ridge? Share your experiences!