“Free at last”
Review of new china palace

new china palace
Ranked #24 of 103 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

After being hospitalized I craved food with flavor. .. so we met our family for dinner. The new location although I miss the only scenic area of Oak Ridge, but new location is much closer to home & interior very lovely&inviting. The aroma also pleasant. Service still inconsistent. .. but everything from appetizer, to soups to entrées were excellent. We were surprised to find our adult children had dined there after visiting us@hospital. .. but no complaints only enjoyment. Our egg rolls were fine. ... just remember you are in oak ridge. .. choices are limited. .. This is the best here.

4  Thank soundtrvl

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

While visiting Oak Ridge, I decided to try this restaurant based on the reviews. I have usually been pleasantly surprised by Trip Advisor recommendations, but this was not one of those times. The soup was okay. I asked for the egg roll to be hot and crispy, but it came out under cooked, which made it luke warm and doughy. The only reason Icdid not return it was because I had already cut into the product. The entree was just okay, but their version of "fried rice" looked more like white rice with peas and corn.

As for the service, I was constantly waiting for the items I ordered. On a scale of 1 to 5, I give the service a 2 at best!

The owner or manager (not sure which one he was), NEVER came over to check on how I was enjoying my meal.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Food is good, portions are large, service runs hot and cold. Not a huge fan of Chinese food to begin with, so that may color my view a little,

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Excellent fresh food. If you live here you know the place, if visitors you must go. Always fresh! Still located on the beautiful river and will hate to see them move. But atleast they will remain open. One if the best restaurants in Iak Ridge and not a chain, so they still care about food quality and service.

2  Thank Kristi I
Reviewed 25 April 2013

When I was a teenager and moved to Oak Ridge, I was told by my parents I was never to go to the China Inn, This of course just made me more curious. I was told that the dick dishes they served were from Melton Lake and hung out to dry. Poeple said rat that was served as a lot of pork dishes, I will never believe it. The food was very good. Couldn't see kitchen but dining room could have been vacuumed more often. I liked it and hate it is moving from its present location.

1  Thank Rhonda H