“Good Start for New Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Rockville, Maryland
“Good Start for New Hotel”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights with my husband over the holidays, so I suspect the hotel was unusually quiet and empty. We didn't have an especially large room as another reviewer said- it was actually pretty narrow- but it was sparkling clean and had very nice furnishings and decor. I really appreciate the huge vanity in the bathroom- lots of places for toiletries. There were lots of well thought out amenities such as a hidden microwave and fridge, blowdryer, make-up remover, etc. Service was excellent; I really don't think there's much room for improvement there.

The only dings in this experience are pretty minor....perhaps the lack of curtains that can completely block the sun- I notice the more opaque curtains didn't have a rod that went all the way across. Also, my husband didn't touch the breakfast. The heat-lamped sausage or eggs just weren't appealing to him, but since I'm not a big breakfast eater it didn't bother me as much. I just stuck to the coffee, cereal, yogurt, and cinnamon rolls :)

I've stayed in the Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn in Oak Ridge, and I'm leaning towards going back to the HI express next time. Overall a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressTN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey in regards to your recent stay with us. It is so nice to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay over the holidays. It is inspiring to me personally and our team to hear such great comments.

Each of our rooms have blackout curtains behind the drapes. Sometimes these are easily missed..but I will investigate and ensure that all of our rooms have the blackout curtains.

It is our hope that the next time you are in the Oak Ridge area that you will be our guest again. If I can personally be of service, please do not hesitate to call or email me.

865-298-1990

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

I only stayed one night this trip but was very impressed by the rooms very clean large rooms with modern decor and very comfortable beds . The staff were all friendly and the complimentary breakfast was good. I have no complaints for this hotel

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank nbarr777
HolidayInnExpressTN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Happy Holidays!!

Thank you so much for your compliments in regards to your stay with us earlier this month.

It's such a pleasure to hear from our guests such as yourself and especially nice to know you enjoyed your trip.

We hope you choose Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge next time you travel into our city.

Have a wonderful day!!
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We recently stayed at this new hotel while visiting family. Everything about this hotel was very modern and comfortable. The beds were fantastic and the bathrooms had a resort feel to them. The makeup remover wipes were a wonderful added amenity. One the second night of my stay my grandmother that I was in town to visit was displaced from her house due to a flood. The man that was working the evening shift was extremely helpful in accomodating my grandmother. This is by far the nicest hotel in Oak Ridge and I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dianna F
HolidayInnExpressTN, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Hello from Oak Ridge TN!!

First, we like to thank you for choosing to stay with us while you traveled to Oak Ridge, TN. Second, thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. It is always great to hear from our guests as it gives us an opportunity to share your feedback with our team members.

We hope to see you again in the near future!! Safe travels to you and your family!

Tybee Island, Georgia
Reviewed 16 October 2012

we stayed at this hotel from 10/12 to 10/14, we didnt know it was a brand new hotel, it was very nice and clean, the staff was great, very helpful, when we needed more towels they were brought up right away, continental breakfast included hot items , internet worked great, looking forward to staying there next year again when we go back for another family reunion

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressTN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
It was so nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed their stay here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Oak Ridge, TN.

We are so proud to be a part of the Oak Ridge family and to offer such a nice facility to travelers in the area. Feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance at all in the future.

GM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This hotel is very new. My room was clean and modern, as was the hotel. I used the business center, which was well stocked with quick internet and printing. The service was good, although it was clear that folks were still trying to get the hang of things. There were very few guests when I stayed, which made the place a but eerie. Overall a great experience. I would return.

• Stayed October 2012
HolidayInnExpressTN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the nice compliments in regards to your recent visit with us. Yes..we are the newest hotel in the Oak Ridge, TN area. We are so very proud to finally be open and be a part of the Oak Ridge family.

If you travel into our area again..we sure hope you choose to stay with us. Feel free to call or email me at any time if I can be of service.

Once again..thank you so much for your nice comments.

Florida
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Nicest Holiday Inn Express that I have stayed in in a long time. Neighborhood is around it is kind of run down, but there are plenty of food and drink options that are walking distance to the hotel. Staff is nice and it has all the amenities that you would want. I wish the breakfast would start earlier, but this may change as more people, especially contractors start using the hotel

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your comments about your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. It is our hope that if your travels bring you back to the Oak Ridge area, you will be our guest.

We hope to see you soon,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Ridge
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
#6 of 7 in Oak Ridge
SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge? Share your experiences!