“Wow...I can't believe we haven't eaten there before now!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Polish, European, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Kingston, Tennessee
“Wow...I can't believe we haven't eaten there before now!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stopped in for lunch today for our first visit to Homeland Food. My husband and I both opted for the Polish sampler platter to try several items at once. The kielbasa was some of the best I've had and the stuffed cabbage and pieroges were homemade and delicious. Great food and pleasant family oriented atmosphere. Will be back to try more! Glad to hear they also serve dinner and brunch!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank tracylynh
MariaGRdeO, Owner at Homeland Food, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thanks for your time visiting and writing a kind review. I look forward seeing you soon!
Maria

“Excellent food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We ate at Homeland Food for lunch during a recent trip to Oak Ridge and found the food to be excellent. The owner and chef visited with us as we were ordering to describe the menu and offer suggestions. She was a joy to meet and was very accommodating. During our two week trip to Oak Ridge, this was our favorite dining experience.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank shoodleawood
MariaGRdeO, Owner at Homeland Food, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
It was certainly a pleasure meeting you. I look forward seeing you soon! . Thanks for taking the time to write a complimentary review. I appreciate you!
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Spanish and Polish cuisine in same place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

An interesting combination to say the least. Had the Polish sampler which consisted of pirouges, kielbasa, stuffed cabbage and saurkraut. Very, very good. Met the chef who is the wife of the owner, he is the Spanish connection. She was so glad we came by and invited us to return which we will. Next time I want to try a Spanish dish, a seafood and meat combination.

• Visited July 2013
MariaGRdeO, Owner at Homeland Food, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed your visit and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I need to correct you on one thing, though. I am not married to the owner: I am de owner! My husband has his own consulting business and helps me whenever he can and I ask. I do look forward making a paella for you soon! Take care,
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Interesting mix of polish and Mexican food. Great food, good service, and cute decor. The owner and her daughter are on site and you can tell because everything is just right.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Travel4funss
MariaGRdeO, Owner at Homeland Food, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write an appreciative review. My daughters are big help indeed, thanks for the compliment. I hope we see you soon! Take care,
“AWESOME FIND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We were passing through Oak Ridge from Gatlinburg, TN and searched for fine restaurant in the area. Of course, I consulted Trip Advisor and as usual the other reviews did not fail. This place is a gem. We were lost because the GPS took us to the old address but it was worth finding this place. The owner Maria and her daughter Jasmin were the most gracious people. It was Sunday and they had their first brunch. The food was very excellent so glad to try other dishes, I had the polish, my husband the spanish food, my sister and her husband had the mexican. We each trie our foods and they were so delicious! The desserts were heavenly! The walnut torte and the spanish flan were so delicious! Try this place you'll never regret it!

• Visited April 2013