“Review of Burchfield's, the restaurant... not DoubleTree, the hotel”

Burchfield's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 103 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2012

So I want to write a review for Burchfield's, which is the restaurant in the hotel. Please keep in mind that my review is in no way a reflection of the hotel itself, JUST for the restaurant. With that said, I have to say that our entire family ate there for Sunday brunch a couple of weeks ago and it was the absolute worst service I have ever experienced. Among some of my complaints:
1. Took 15-20 minutes just to be greeted AFTER we sat down
2. Another 15-20 mins just to get our drink.. some of the drinks wrong, others missing.
3. Our table was NEVER cleared and our dirty dishes stacked up in piles all around the table
4. We had to ask FIVE times for extra napkins
5. We had to ask for a steak knife THREE times
6. At the end of the meal, I requested the waitress to clear our table, which was so full of dirty dishes we had no place to put new plates, but she told us that she wanted to take our money first. (Seriously this one ticked me off)
7. AFTER taking our credit cards, they kept them for an obscene amount of time. We saw people who walked up to the register and had their credit card bills ran before ours, which was sitting in a neat pile to the side. Finally after about 15 minutes and fed up with staring at the dirty dishes on the table, which the waitress STILL refused to clear, we asked for a manager and demanded our credit card back so we can just pay in cash instead because we were tired of waiting. They said they couldn't because it was already "in process." We finally all got up and stood around the front desk register for another 5 minutes for them to run our credit card.

The entire experience was so awful that we actually walked away ANGRY. Needless to say, we will never go back.

3  Thank MllePookie