“There has been a change at Big Ed's...and not for the good...”
Review of Big Ed's Pizza

Big Ed's Pizza
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Well...we have been going there for decades and it has always been a favorite. In all that time I never saw a mistake or had a bad experience. We went Tuesday evening and nothing was right. Both of our pizzas were wrong, no drink refills, the place was a pig-pen...and they plopped a hostess station right inside the door which effectively blocks the exit.
I know that the last Neusel passed away...but they need to get these problems solved or Big Ed's will simply cease to exist.
There used to be a big sign on the wall that said "there is only one way to do things...Big Ed's way"...well somebody needs to fish that sign out of the back room and hang it over the oven.
It really saddens me to make this report...I hope that they can turn this place around and get things back on track!
Sweep the floor, empty the trash, clean the ovens...train the servers...order supplies and move the silly hostess station!!!

3  Thank AEP97

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Pizza is great ... Great atmosphere ... Get there early... Always busy!!!...Great service .. Not a very big place so it tends to get crowded quickly..well worth the trip!!!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I chose this because it seems to be the only non-chain pizza in Oak Ridge. Chain pizza would definitely have been better.
Pro's - the sauce is fairly tasty. Cons - Greasy. Crust was not cooked through, underdone on top. Skimpy toppings. Greasy. Gummy cheese. Did I mention greasy? Terrible service, I had to flag down my 'server' TWICE to get her to take my order. Cheap plastic fork for the only utensil. 6" paper saucers for 'plates'. Worst of all - way too expensive.
I am moving to Oak Ridge permanently in the near future - but I will not be back here.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A visit to Oak Ridge always includes a visit to Big Ed's. Very casual...don't expect anything fancy. Paper plates, cups and plastic utensils. Decent pizza .... many kinds to choose from. Thin crust...decent taste. I've had better and I've had worse. But it's a fun place and my family wouldn't dream of visiting Oak Ridge without a trip to Big Ed's!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been coming to this place for 37 years, it never changes it is always the same and it is
FANTASTIC. Very casual, red checked table cloths, little paper plates and plastic forks. The pizza is really good, try "THE SPECIAL" it's the best. Just 3 weeks ago they started taking credit cards and debit cards. It takes a little time to get your pizza but it is worth the wait. Our server was very pleasant and checked backed every few minutes. Love this place!!

1  Thank Kelsey4747