“Pleasantly surprised.”
Review of McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #18 of 98 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Home of hand-crafted sandwiches, always fresh salads, giant stuffed spuds and our Famous Sweet Tea. It's always better to give. And at McAlister's, we give as much as we can, including free refills, big portions and big smiles. It's easy to be giving when you're a giver by nature. And we're givers. So as soon as you step through our doors, you can relax and expect to get a little more. Whether it's getting free refills on your sweet tea without ever leaving your seat or being served portions always a bit bigger than your appetite, giving you more of what you like is what we like to do. That's why you'll always be treated like an old friend and be greeted with a warm smile even if we just met.
Ohio
“Pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My first impression was negative, I was hoping to sit down and order (it was our first visit). However, the young lady at the counter was quite helpful and we placed our orders. At first glance I thought that the prices were on the high side, but after seeing the size of the sandwiches, I revised that. Her Reuben and my half Muffaletta were too much for one meal, we each took half back to our hotel room for later. Both were very tasty. I was not fond of the potato salad but will have something else next time - we will be back.

• Visited May 2014

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Great lunch place.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I like all the sandwiches and entrees I've ever had here. A few of the sides are not to my taster, buts there are several to choose from. The service is quick, and the people are always friendly. I've never had diner here.

Visited January 2014
Tennessee, United States
“I always leave hungry...”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great food, as far as the taste of the sandwiches. But we always seem to leave hungry when we try to have dinner here. Also, the kids meals are lacking, especially the pizza and the nachos.

• Visited February 2014
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Always a Good Meal”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I don't think I've ever had a bad meal at McAlister's, any location. With one opening in Oak Ridge there is one more steady, consistent eatery. Their menu of sandwiches, soups, salads, and spuds has great variety. I also like that if you bring your church bulletin in on Sunday that they give you a free cookie. Can't beat their sweet tea.

Monticello, Georgia
“Vegetarian Friendly”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

It's hard to find good vegetarian food sometimes (especially in TN) but this place was great! I'm sure the meat was good too :-/

Visited December 2013