“If you're in the area, make time to take your kids here!!!!!!!!!!”

Children's Museum of Oak Ridge
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Oak Ridge
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have to admit, I was EXTREMELY skeptical about this place. It's in a residential neighborhood (turns out it was an old school at one time). I was beyond impressed! Not only is this a "hands on" type museum, but there was SO MANY interesting things here! We had a blast! I have to say our favorite part was the life size dollhouse. It was the coolest thing.... my kids (age 5 and 2) had a great time. They have an amazing military discount for those in the military as well.
All I can say is..... GO HERE! It's a great thing to do with the kids. And it was interesting for us adults too!

1  Thank KatieBentley

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Wonderful visit for a day trip. The kids love it, there was so much to do and see. There is a HUGE life size doll house you can walk around it, it's SO much fun for grown up girls lol. The train exhibit is amazing and you can actually watch the artist working on the exhibit. Price is good also.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This museum is housed in a former school and has space for some very large exhibits, including a kid-sized dollhouse, tugboat water room, rainforest room, puppet room, and train exhibition. There are also craft rooms and a fascinating display of Appalachian artifacts complete with log cabin. Our family enjoyed their new exhibition, the Living Light House, a modular home powered by solar energy, which teaches kids about renewable energy. Overall, families will really enjoy all this museum offers!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This place will keep your kids entertains for hours. Very well done, and the price is reasonable. Many interesting interactive exhibits for the kids, and informative exhibits for the adults also. We have seen better children's museum, Nashville's for example, but Oak Ridge's is very good... very well done.

2  Thank jelh47
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My girls loved the giant dollhouse playhouse, and the rocket ship playhouse. The trains weren't available when we visited last, but it was still a fun trip.