“15 days and no complains”

Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
“15 days and no complains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great hotel we were relocating and stayed in this hotel for 15 days, excellent attention to details, very clean rooms and very good breakfast plus the 3 days a week Social where we were able to have dinner free of charge.
Personnel was absolutely fantastic, many went the extra mile to make us feel at home.
Even our bulldog was absolutely welcome by everyone!

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank O. Fernando T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pasco, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Second time at this hotel while on business. Quiet as most guests were staying for business. Good breakfasts, offered free beer and dinner 3 nights. Housekeeping this time around wasn't as thorough as previous stay. Free internet. Nice to have kitchen to save on eating out too much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Round Rock, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

A relatively new hotel, so everything is up to date and clean. Otherwise it is a standard, suite hotel. Rooms are not overly large for suites, but it does have a nice kitchen. The staff were very friendly. There is a musty odor when you enter, but not in the breakfast area nor in the room, so it was not a problem for us.

Room Tip: They have a room off of the breakfast area for watching movies, with large, comfortable chairs. Thi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Glade Spring, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We chose to stay here for a night. Although the room was nice and clean, it in no way made up for the poor customer service. Being a Gold member, was not asked or given any amenities at check-in. I was then told I could park close to a side entrance which I did, however, after standing out in the hot sun for 10 minutes trying to get the key to open the door, I finally walked around the building to get in. I asked the clerk if she could check my keys before going to the room - that I could not get in the side entrance. She said "oh, yes, your keys are fine. We've had a problem with that door." GREAT ! You knew of a problem but sent me there anyway. Finally get to the room and the remote doesn't work. I asked the housekeeper across the hall to be informed that they had more at the desk. So, a restful night and down for breakfast only to find NO food. This guy comes out of the kitchen area and says "I guess you're waiting on food ? I'm cookin'." WOW. no apologies or pleasantries.

I completed the survey - requesting that I be contacted - but did anyone ? NO.

Two stays here at once - my first and last !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear DanO1963,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is disheartening to know that you were not fully satisfied with your recent stay. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information as we would like to look further into your concerns.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Faith R
oak ridge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had reservations for one night made well in advance, but they said they were full, and sent us to a Holiday inn several blocks away, which had completely different and much worse amenities that the hotel we booked.

• Stayed June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear peter8537,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am disappointed to read about the problems you had with your reservation. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information and be of further assistance.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here this past week to visit family in Oak Ridge. The first thing I noticed is that as soon as you walk into the hotel there is a musty BO (body odor) smell throughout the whole hotel. I stayed on the 3rd floor and the odor is incredibly strong. It smells like they either need to clean the carpets or they need to open the windows and let the hotel air out. The room was clean and sufficient. The Customer Service there was lacking and I found the employees at the front desk to be less than friendly and helpful. When I asked for help with the fax machine in the business center, the lady at the front desk (4/9/2014 at around 12pm checkout time) was short and rude and acted as if she was not interested in the least in helping me get my fax out. I wanted to inform her that her assisting me was part of her job, but I just let it go since I was checking out that day to go and checkin to the neighboring Comfort Inn, which by the way was a much better hotel and a much cheaper rate. The pool was the only reason we were at the Staybridge and it is a nice clean pool. But if you are not interested in indoor swimming, save your money and stay at the Comfort Inn right down the street. It is a much nicer hotel and a cheaper price. You will get a better value for your money and much better customer service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd Floor. The whole floor smells like Body Odor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear lhicks1354,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Jaime W
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have been staying here on several occasions while working out of town, and absolutely love this place.

They offer meals several nights a week, and a great breakfast every morning, but the thing that really makes this place shine is the staff working there. They are very friendly, and are willing to go above and beyond to make your stay a great one.

I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in Oak Ridge.

• Stayed March 2014
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
#6 of 7 in Oak Ridge
Staybridge Suites Knoxville-West

Been to Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge? Share your experiences!