“This NOT Motel 6”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Aiken, SC
“This NOT Motel 6”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I just drove down from a trip up north and after spending 4 nights at a motel 6 when I arrived to my new Hotel I was so pleased with about everything I saw. Sure I had to pay twice the nightly rate as Motel 6, I was thinking of how it was all worth it. The clerk greeted me and checked me in quickly. The only thing I did not like is how he asked me what I was in town for. I told him for business (which was fine) but then he asked what kind of business. That was too much so I told him so. He apologized and finished checking me in. The room was GREAT! It was a two room suite with a microwave and refrigerator. The décor very pleasant and the bed...OH THE BED! I just sank right onto that king size bed and was like I was floating on a cloud. Even the carpet was clean....yup...not a motel 6 by any means.
They could have gotten an excellent rating if they kept the breakfast eggs and Canadian bacon a little hotter but at least the coffee was good and hot and had a nice taste.
One tip for housekeeping, however, do not leave both of the two thirds used up toilet paper....at least one roll should be new or keep a spare under the sink. I had to get one from the clerk as well as get my internet password since they cleaned up my desk a little too well.
Otherwise, lots and lots of soft towels and the shower worked like a champ.
Ruby Tuesdays is right next door and you should ready the great review I gave for it.
Oh yes...unfortunately they need to clean the elevator floor more often as both days it looked like someone with muddy feet road in it and I bet it will still be dirty tomorrow morning.
Nice business center as well.
All in all, it was worth twice the Motel 6 rate.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Troy P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review with such positive comments; for your recent stay with us.

We are excited that you were able to experience such perfect comfort with our beds, amenities and service. We take great pride in leading our team to understand service and provide such great hospitality to each of our guests.

I have shared your feedback to my hotel team to ensure they are recognized for their efforts and to ensure; we continue to deliver and meet our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn and we hope that you make us your first choice of peference of a home away from home when your travels bring you back to Oak Ridge, TN.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 August 2013

we had our 2 year family reunion august 9th,10th, & 11th at the comfort inn located in oak ridge,tn. all 19 relatives had excellent comments about your establishment. clean rooms,helpful,friendly employees,great breakfast and convenient location. will definitely return in the future. thanks for a great experience . the Bartlett Family

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Troy P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 12 August 2013

We are excited that all of your 19 family members had positive comments and experienced clean rooms, great breakfast, friendly and helpfulness service from all of our staff members.

I have shared your feedback to my hotel team to ensure they are recognized for their efforts and to ensure we continue to deliver and meet our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you make us your first choice of home away from home when your travels bring you back to Oak Ridge, TN.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My family and I came to Tennessee for the first time we didn't know what to expect about the place, and couldn't find any decent hotels to stay at until we looked up Comfort Inn Oak Ridge TN. The welcome we got at this hotel was amazing the service quality was excellent, the staff are extremely helpful and went the extra mile to cater for our needs. They suggested great day trips and places to visit as we have small children which we were delighted about. Overall we had a very pleasant stay for our trip to Tennessee and would most definitely recommend to our family and friends to visit the Comfort Inn in Oak Ridge TN. I would also like to thank the GM of the hotel for having a wonderful team at the hotel which makes the hotel a wonderful place to be at.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review with such positive comments; for your most recent stay with us.

We are excited that you experienced such a great welcome at our hotel and our staff provided you with amazing service quality and helpfulness and went the extra mile to cater to you and your family’s needs.

We have shared your feedback to my hotel team to ensure they are recognized for their efforts and to ensure we continue to deliver and meet our guests expectations.

Rossville, Indiana
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stopped in at the Comfort Inn at Oak Ridge Tennesse, and I was Shocked at the Respect that I got when I went to the Motel Desk Clerk, She was so proffesional and Nice, She took my son and I in Like we were Kin Folks to he!! We only stayed one night on Friday June 21st 2013 to Check out on Saturday June 22nd 2013 The whole Staff were so kind to us, that we really did not want to leave. we felt better their than at home. I am Dissabled and in a Mobility Chair I had to Bring a Huge Liquid Oxygen tank with me, And The Staff made everything so easy and Conveinent for us to Unload and Load all of our Equipment and personal belongings in my Vehichle, The Desk Clerk even sighned me up on a Rewards Card # SXB39743 for Futer Stays at one of your chain of Motels, Now we will Use these Motels now in the Future. Thank You Very Much.. The Bateman Family from Indiana

Room Tip: You Can't go wrong staying at the Comfort Inn, in Oak Ridge Tn.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve B
Troy P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2013

We are excited that you experienced such great professionalism and service from all of our staff, that it made you and your family feel to not want to leave. We are also glad that you signed up for our amazing Choice Privileges Rewards program.

We take great pride in leading our team to understand and provide such great hospitality to each of our guests.

I have shared your feeback to my hotel team to ensure they are recognized for there efforts and to enure we continue to deliever and meet our guests expectations.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you make us your first choice of home away from home.
Jacksboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2013

my husband had surgery at Oak Ridge hospital & my daughter & I, didn't want to drive home for 2 nights, so we got a room at the Comfort Inn. not only was it relaxing, each morning we enjoyed a very good breakfast. I found out the woman who overseen the breakfast, her name was Linda. Good job Linda & Thanks.Thank You Comfort Inn for a nice home, away from home. Florence B.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Troy P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review with such positive comments on your most recent stay with us.
We are glad that you were able to enjoy our full breakfast buffet and enjoyed true hospitality relaxation and comfort. We are also pleased that you encountered great service from our Breakfast Attendant and hotel team.
I have shared your review with my Hotel Team to ensure we recognize there efforts and feeback from our guests; to ensure we can continue to exceed our guests expectations each and every time.
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope your future travels continue to make us your first choice for a home away from home.
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We were travelling down I-75 southg toward Knoxville, when we pulled off an exit to look for a hotel to stay at. We didn't have any luck, because all we needed was adjoining rooms, but they didn't have any. For some reason we ended up down here in Oak Ridge, and we found an adjoining room at this Comfort Inn. THe hotel was great, both rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was good. There are a ton of restaurants nearby if you are looking for one. Overall, our stay was great and I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Troy P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Oak Ridge. Our goal is to make sure every guest receives the personal attention they need to ensure they have a comfortable and pleasant stay. I am glad that you received that type of service from our hotel and staff.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Hope to see you again soon!
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Tracy the front desk clerk that checked us in was kind, curtious and very helpful. We also delt with Glenna who was equally as fabulous. The rooms were clean, spacious and well laid out. We will difinitely stay at this hotel again. We will also recommend this hotel to other people for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Troy P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent travel to Oak Ridge. Our goal is to bring personalized attention and service with every guest interaction. We are so glad that you noticed our front desk, housekeeping and service efforts. We want to take this time to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking your valued time to post this review regarding your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Ridge
#3 of 7 in Oak Ridge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge
Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge
Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!