“The Happiest Hotel I've Ever Stayed In”

DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Pylesville, United States
“The Happiest Hotel I've Ever Stayed In”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Everyone from the managers to the front desk to the restaurant employees to housekeeping and maintenance personnel greeted me with smiles and wishes for good morning/evening. The room was beautiful, spaceous and clean. I'm looking forward to staying at Double Tree Oak Ridge the next time I visit the city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Irven K
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Wow! How nice it was for you to take the time to praise our team so highly! It is an honor to be the leader of such a fantastic group of people. We take hospitality very seriously and I always try to convey to my team that they should treat all of our guests like they were guests in their own homes. I am so delighted that it was noticed and appreciated by you. We look forward to being of service to you in the future during any return visits to Oak Ridge! Thanks again and I will surely share your comments with the entire DoubleTree Oak Ridge team!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Rooms are clean, prices are good, and the staff are generally friendly, but best of all, they give free cookies! Worth the upgrade to the Executive level for free breakfast and appetizers. The breakfast lady is a bit too friendly and the bar tender has no personality, but otherwise it's good.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I was especially glad that our staff was helpful to you. Our main goal is to provide our guests with hospitality and sincerity. We appreciate your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you will give us the chance to be of service to you again!
United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

DoubleTree had everything we needed for a comfortable night stay. The kids were happily surprised by the warm cookies and had a great time at the indoor and outdoor pool. The hotel was very welcoming. For an older hotel, it was everything we expected and more.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Sonya M
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our delicious DoubleTree cookies and our indoor/outdoor pool. We are very proud of our hotel and I am honored to be the leader of such a fantastic group of people. We look forward to being of service to you and your family during any return visits to Oak Ridge!
Orland, California
Reviewed 27 May 2013

All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were very impressed with how clean everything was, including the lawns and parking lot. Centrally located for all of our needs.
No microwave in the room. No whirlpool.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terri S
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The hotel is great, smaller price than other hotels in the city, but better quality. Great location in the city center near to the Walmart and American museum of science and energy. Very clear rooms, beautiful furnishing, modern lobby, the best bed where I ever slept-like if you sleep on cloud. Definitely I would stay there again.

1 Thank SabinaCH78
We achieved our ultimate goal! We want all of our guests to feel at home while they are away from home. We appreciate your business and I would like to thank you for the nice review of our hotel. I am very proud of our team, and we look forward to being of service to you during any future visits!
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed here with my wife and a co-worker for three nights, while my coworker and I worked at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. My wife came for R&R. This is a very nice hotel. Although we did not take advantage of it, it has a beautiful swimming pool. The hotel is on a street that has many fast food restaurants and there is a small park nearby within walking distance. The hotel's restaurant serves excellent food at a reasonable price and the service is good. After getting the buffet breakfast the first day we decided to choose a la carte and for about the same price had a very good large breakfast that we could not finish. We got a great price on the hotel room through Tingo. We'll be staying here again on future trips.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if it makes any real difference where your room is located since the hotel is situa...