“Business Trip”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Bartlett, United States
“Business Trip”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Very good hotel stay, would have like to have taken advantage of the indoor/outdoor pool but I forgot to bring my swim suit. Front Desk clerk was very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I am actually originally from Oak Ridge and now stay here whenever I am in town to visit my parents. I have been to many of the other hotels in town and they just don't stack up. This hotel is inviting and the service is always great. If you are a Hilton honors member there is a special room on the 5th floor where you can have a complementary breakfast in the morning and cocktail hour in the evening. We love that touch! For my most recent stay my husband, parents, and I hung out by the pool and chatted. The pool is heated and has an indoor outdoor component. The indoor area is pretty small and can get noisy very quickly with a couple of children. When we got hungry we thought about heading into the restaurant but the wait staff was very accommodating and offered to bring our meals out to the pool which was a great touch. The food was delicious and we were able to have a lovely poolside visit. I would recommend trying to get any even numbered room as they seem to face toward the mountains where as the odd numbered rooms simply face the road. I would recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Try for an even numbered room as they face the mountains. Odd numbered rooms face the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fiberopticmoses
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay at our DoubleTree. I am very proud of our team for exceeding your expectations as far as service and professionalism. We sincerely want all of our guests to be happy and to feel at home while they are here! I will share your nice words with my entire team and we look forward to being of service to you and your family during your return visits to Oak Ridge!
Grenoble, France
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was in Oak Ridge for 2 weeks and decided to try 3 different hotels : Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn and the DoubleTree.
The DoubleTree is the best hands down. I don't like the idea of having to pay the breakfast + tipping separatly but I think the 10-15 USD extra are worth it. The breakfast is far better than the other 2 hotels I stayed.
I didn't find the staff particularly friendly, but I did find the place very relaxing. The rooms were large, the choice of channels good, the beds confortable, loved the amount of pillows on it.
It's a pitty the rooms don't have a microwave. With the Walmart at a walking distance it's a pitty you can't grab something and cook it for dinner after a tough day of work....
Also, I couldn't stop the air cond :( It was bloody noisy! Even in stop mode it kept waking me during the night...
If you are undecided, go for this one. It won't be a bad choice.

Room Tip: Go for one where you can stop de air cond.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ricardo F
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. For future visits, I also wanted to let you know that we provide microwaves upon request. All you need to do is let any team member know that you would like one, and we will have it delivered to your room. Also, several of our AC units are set on constant run because the starting and stopping of the unit to some of our guests are more of a hindrance than having it run all the time. Our maintenance team will be happy to set your unit either way you prefer, all you have to do is ask! We sincerely want all of our guests to be happy, so please do not hesitate to let us know while you are here how we can make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to be of service to you in the future.
South Bend, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel is very nice and the dining experience is 5 star. The food is absolutely amazing and not what you would expect from a hotel in Oak Ridge. We never eat dinner at another location as the Double Tree dining experience can't be beaten. Kelly the Chef is simply amazing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

3 Thank Kevin K
Oak Ridge, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I like the Oak Ridge TN Double Tree because the restaurant is excellent. Breakfast opens at 6:30 -- it is an excellent buffet-style meal. I also like the smiles that I see on the wait staff when they recognize me as a returning guest.

4 Thank Sally Ann F
Herndon, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Overall great experience but every morning the doors at the guest rooms next to my room were slammed causing a lot of noise at 6AM/ I came to find out most of the times it was the housekeeper going in to clean up the rooms where people had checked out earlier. Not good as it woke me up too early!!!!

1 Thank Elena L
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, although I find it unfortunate that you were awakened so early by whom you thought might be a team member. Our housekeeping staff is not even scheduled until 8 a.m. (9 on weekends), so as not to bother our guests too early. Our main goal is to provide our guests with a good night's sleep and we definitely do not want our guests to miss any sleep because of something we are doing. Thank you for your business and we hope that we are given the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Have stayed at property several times. Staff is friendly and recognizes me, even by name in some cases. All rooms and locations are consistent in providing a clean and useful facility. Option to stay elsewhere in town but why do that? This property provides all that I need. Believe that a short leisure trip with the family would find this property favorable as well.

1 Thank Todd A
Quality Inn Oak Ridge
#6 of 7 in Oak Ridge
Staybridge Suites Knoxville Oak Ridge
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville? Share your experiences!