“Bed Bugs in Room 211”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ooltewah
Central Indiana
“Bed Bugs in Room 211”
Reviewed 31 October 2008

My husband, our 2 dogs and I stayed at this hotel on Oct. 23, 2008 - Room 211. We knew Super 8s are pet-friendly, so we stopped for the night while traveling through TN. All seemed ok as we readied for bed. I checked under the sheets on both double beds - everything looked clean other than there were small stains (looked to be blood) on the underside of the bedspreads. When we awoke Fri. morning, I pulled the sheets back on both beds - bed bugs and blood stains all over. I checked our dogs (very clean small Schnauzers) - they looked ok. We checked our bodies - no visible red marks or bites. I had small blood stains on the inside of my pj top (smashed bugs, I suppose). We were sickened!! No way that we brought these critters in with us. I imagine they came out of the mattress or box springs at night when they sensed the body heat. We gathered all of the bugs up that we saw and flushed them down the toilet.

We advised the hotel attendant as we checked out. She said that she would pass the feedback on to her supervisor. Unfortunately, we did pay our bill. Hindsight I would have insisted that our fee be waived due to our unpleasant experience.

We have stayed at alot of Super 8s. We will never stay at the Ooltewah, TN, hotel again. More than likely we will never stay at another Super 8. We will be contacting Super 8 directly for some sort of resolution.

• Liked — accessibility to I-75
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Maine
Reviewed 20 September 2006

The new owner is clearly working on turning this property around and on improving its current AAA one diamond rating. Already in the first three months, he's hired new, more helpful staff, added wireless internet, is upgrading the rooms with hairdryers, irons, microwaves and fridges and, we were told, the carpet is to be replaced within a couple of weeks. We'd stayed here years ago and were singularly unimpressed (vowed never to return!) but, after hearing about the new management decided to give it another try.

I was still dubious so asked to view a room before signing in and was pleasantly surprised with its cleanliness. I was first offered another room, however, which had not yet been upgraded and, though it had a no-smoking label, it smelled of stale tobacco, so we took the fresh-smelling but fridge-less one we'd initially been shown and happily stayed four nights.

Their breakfasts were pitifully skimpy but there's a Waffle House right next door.

All in all, while nothing fancy, this is now an acceptable and affordable place to stay and we'd certainly stay here again.

• Liked — IMPROVED SIGNIFICANTLY OVER PREVIOUS OWNER
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank myemptynest
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2006

Bring a tent and sleep in the parking lot - it's cleaner. We stayed here twice because I wanted to give these people a break. Never again - not any Motel 8 anywhere anytime.

• Stayed May 1999, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Ooltewah hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ooltewah
Hampton Inn Chattanooga-North/Ooltewah
Econo Lodge Airport
Econo Lodge Airport
#63 of 97 in Chattanooga
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga

Been to Super 8 Chattanooga Ooltewah? Share your experiences!