“Love it !”

Wild Bear Inn
Ranked #59 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Love it !”
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

We stay at this hotel a lot & I mean a lot like at least every other weekend just about. We love it, & when making our reservations for this years vacation Becky at the front desk did everything she could to help us. She is the best & her kindness & great customer service is the one thing that keeps us coming back to your hotel. Thank you all for making our vacation stay here Great ! & thank you Beck for help us. We are stayin here from June 9th through June 17 th. Guest 1218. The breakfast pancakes are the Best !

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Paula1218
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
We are glad to have you back! Thank you for recommending us to others and for the glowing review. I am sure Becky will be thrilled to know that you are enjoying your vacation. The next time you are at the office, you should ask Becky about Smoky Mountain Rewards. Frequent staying guests can earn points to use towards discounts on a stay, tickets to attractions, and restaurant gift cards. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Tannersville, VA
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is an older, dated motel, so if you are used to more modern facilities, this may not be the place for you. We were a little put off at first because the room appeared to be rather small and dark, but it was primarily because the back wall is paneled in a dark wood. Also, the air conditioner was rusty (as shown in one of the TripAdvisor photos). We stayed here because we had our small dog with us. We found the room to be very adequate for our needs (2 adults and 2 small children). Charlene (the maid) kept the room spotless and kept us supplied with plenty of clean towels.The boys loved the pool. For pets, there is a small patch of grass at the front (near the road) and a larger area with trees at the back (although it is a little dark at night). The free pancake breakfast was delicious and all the wait staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: You may want to get a room on the backside since it is away from the high traffic area.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
At Rodeway Inn we are happy to accommodate our guests who are traveling with pets. Thank you for telling us about your experience; we are happy to know you and your family enjoyed your room and the amenities. We will definitely make sure that Charlene gets recognized for providing great service throughout your stay. Thank you for the wonderful review and have a great summer!
Ft Gay, Wv
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Great value for the stay we were there in June 2012 the room was a lil small but super clean !! The workers were really helpful and nice !!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ken14fan
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
We're pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for reviewing our hotel and commenting on the cleanliness of the room. Our staff takes pride in maintaining clean and comfortable rooms for all of our guests. Again, thank you and we hope to see you and your friends again soon!
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We had reservations for 3 nts on memorial weekend. On the first night, right before sleeping, i found a bedbug on my pillow, and upon inspecting the mattress and mattress box, found an incredible amount of stains and spots(classic sign of bedbugs), which i dont understant why they would leave in a hotel room unless it is not routinely inspected. I even checked online to make sure I was making the correct assumption. I was also surprised that the mattress was covered only by one thin sheet. I did not want to risk taking anything home, (bedbugs are expensive and difficult to get rid of) especially having an infant and my elderly parents with us. We went to the front desk, they were very apologetic and accommodated us at another hotel that they're associated with. But were only able to accommodate us for that night and the other 6 hotels that they are associated with had nothing as well.(I checked online when they told me this and found other rooms available. When I asked about that, they would not let us stay because these rooms were more "expensive".) Because we had to move very late and had to pack up, load and unload several times, we barely had a whole night at the hotel they accommodated us at. Additionally, we had to look for another hotel at inflated rates last minute during the holiday, all this being a great deal of inconvenience. When we checked out, we asked for a discount, the mistress at the desk made a call and told us they would give us the full refund of the reservation and night stay for the inconveniences. I confirmed with her and my husband heard the whole conversation.

But upon coming home and checking my statement, they did not refund or discount the night stay as they said would happen. I attempted to call the manager about this, but he states that he had already given us a discount for the night stay because it was a higher rated room(which is the first i heard about this, this room was to accommodate us for the bed bugs and dissatisfaction of the previous rm, why would I pay more for a room without bugs? Additionally, I checked the rates for the room I did stay in for 2 nights later during the incident and they were the same rates as what I had booked for initially). At the end, The manager refused to give us the refund we were told we would get at check-out. additionally, he states the room was inspected and no bugs were found(in other works telling me he thought I lied).

I am very dissapointed with the customer service recovery of this incident. I would hope that they would have done everything to resolve the situation. Just to make a few bucks, they wouldn't. I ve stayed in mult motels before and never had this problem.
I work in the health industry and I know what bed bugs are, even double checked again before making a complaint. We dont allow anyone who may have bed bugs come into the hospital because of how difficult it is to exterminate.

I would be very careful staying at this place. Make sure you check the mattress box. Hopefully they cleaned every room thoroughly after this incident.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the mattress box for stains and spots, they are classic signs of bed bugs!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank N Y
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. Let us apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfactory. Upon learning about your unsatisfactory room at Rodeway Inn, we immediately offered to reserve you a room at one of our sister properties. We were only able to reserve your room for one night due to such high occupancy in town. Your rate for that night was deeply discounted for the inconvenience. Rest assured that the room you originally reserved was inspected and it was determined that there was no evidence of pests of any kind. After your stay, we learned that you were not satisfied with the discount so we sent you an email confirming that you had been issued a full refund for your stay. If you have not received either of these, or if you have further questions regarding your stay, please feel free to contact us.

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Kingsport
Reviewed 2 June 2012

When we arrived we were immediately greeted by Jake. The computers were down and Jake was able to handle our check in manually, and I do believe it didnt take near as long as it would have if the computers were up. The room was totally clean, there were plenty of towels, hot water, and the water pressure was great. The bed, on the other hand, was horrible! They said it was a queen, I have a queen at home and this was no where near as big, it was definately a full not a queen. It was very low to the floor and very uncomfortable. We enjoyed a free pancake breakfast and it was great. Overall, our stay was well worth it but unfortunately because the bed was so bad we wont be staying here again. I would like to say a great big THANK YOU to Jake though because the customer service was just AWESOME.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stacy M
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
.Thank you for taking time out of your day to review Rodeway Inn. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are glad that Jake was able to help make your stay enjoyable by providing excellent service. We're sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the bed size in your room but please rest assured that all of the mattresses are queen sized. We would love to speak to you personally regarding your stay, and perhaps get a second chance at serving your lodging needs in the future.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We really enjoyed our stay and the Rodeway Inn. We had a super quick and stress free check in. Jake at the front desk was friendly and professional and was super nice about my request for a room by the pool. We got a really really good rate for our room..but what made it a super deal was the free pancake breakfast. You get 4 hot pancakes with a huge scoop of butter melting on top...wayyyy better than what I've ordered at resteraunts before. They also include your choice of drink...soda, coffee, juice and my kids favorite, chocolate milk. This saved us about $30 on breakfast. Our room was a good size, the sheets smelled fresh and clean, the bathroom area was good too. The hotel is not brand new, but it is very clean and well ran. We will definatly be going back. Excellent stay.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms on the front side by the pool. It was nice to sit in the chairs outside our room...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank ytterp2000
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We hope that you and your family had a comfortable, fun filled vacation. Your comments on Jake and the complimentary pancake breakfast are greatly appreciated. We are looking forward to your return visit. Until then, have a wonderful summer!
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I had a nice stay the last time I was there. Me and my fam enjoyed ourselves there and it was moments away from everything. It has an at home type feel..and the pancakes in the restaraunt next door are melt in your mouth mountain goodness ! Its been 2 yrs since we were there last , were going back in June and bringing even more relatives this time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ladawnleek
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Bear Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
It is wonderful to learn that you will be returnign with your family this June! You chose a great time of year to return; the weather will be just right. We are confident that you will find the same home type feel and have even a better time than last. We wish you safe travels and will see you soon!