“Very nice place, very friendly and helpful staff”
Review of All Season Suites

All Season Suites
Ranked #36 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Decatur, Alabama
“Very nice place, very friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Stayed at the All Seasons Suites with my sister, our daughters, and her two young granddaughters. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They helped a unique request for directions. The two-bedroom suite was perfect since everyone had their separate space but we shared the common living room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank jamie7703

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We stayed in this hotel over the labor day weekend. I read the review on tripadvisor and booked the hotel. I regret booking it. I actually wanted a suite as I was traveling with with young children and my parents. When we were checking in, the person on front desk did not bother to greet us. He made us wait there for 5 minutes and picked up a call. Then the first question he asked was my last name. As soon as he found me in the system, he told me I have a balance for two nights (as I booked from all seaons resort site and they charged for one night in advnce). Once he took all the money for our 3 nights stay then he just gave us the key and explained how to get to the room. He did not tell us if we need any utensil;s we need to get it from front desk, neither did he explained where the other amnities are. I travel a lot and generally front desk explains you about the amenities. We went to the room, it had trash in the kitchen cabinet. We informed the front desk about this but it was not removed until we checked out. The curtain in the bathroom had mold on it.

Next Mornong, we told them about the shower curtain. This time there was a lady on the front desk. She told us how clean there shower curtains are and we might have taken a very hot shower (hot shower can cause mold in 1 day !!!!!!). When we returned in the evening, the cleaning services did not even put soap, shampoo. We had to go and ask for it. At the same time we again told them to change the shower curtain. Then only it was done. In the night we needed extra blankets. The first reply was," Oh' I again need to go upstairs. I will get it." Anyways, we got it. Third day, there was no dish detergent in the room, neither the trash was collected from kitchen. We were tired of telling them and was to check out the next day, we did not call and tell the front desk about this.

The only good staff membesr in this hotel were the breakfast ladies. The breakfast was good and they were really propmt. The lady who was making omlettes is extermly nice.

I would not stay in this hotel next time. there are more hotels in the area thet are cheaper and nicer than this.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Anon102010
Clintwood
Reviewed 7 September 2010

What a disappointment. When we checked in, I paid cash for the balance owed, however my debit card was also charged. 5 days later, I can still get no help with getting the matter cleared up. The room was OK, nothing better than a regular hotel room. The shower did not drain at all. My family had to wait an hour between showers so the water would drain. The kitchen light flickered the whole time and if you plugged up 2 things at once, the circuits would blow and you would have to throw the breakers to get the lights back on. The pool had so many leaves, you couldnt see the water. Also, the fitness center stayed locked and the arcade room...what a joke!

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank tc1974
Coeburn, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2010

This is the second time we have stayed here this year and enjoy the hotel and would stay here again, but both times my husband has ask for an omlette and the lady that fixes the omlettes was rude. She then proceeded to overcook the omlette. My husband enjoys the hotel also, but says she will be the very reason that we will not come back. I would recomend this hotel, but only if you don't plan to eat the omlettes.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lmichja
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice and well furnished. It was so nice to have a separate bedroom from the living room. This hotel is centrally located between Dollywood and downtown Pigeon Forge. The breakfast was fantastic. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank linda423
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I feel much like another recent reviewer: this review is difficult to write. I have struggled with how to rate this hotel and after reading some of the most recent reviews I can see that some of my concerns were shared by fellow travelers. This recent stay was actually my second. I stayed here once several years ago while I was in town on business when it was still a Ramada Limited. At that time I was very impressed with the entire experience. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and well taken care of, and the breakfast was very good. With this background experience I was willing to try again this time around with my family on a recent vacation. We stayed a total of three nights in two different rooms. The room change was because we decided to stay in the area an extra day but our room was already booked when we tried to add a night (we had been originally placed in a handicap-accessible room and I assume it was needed for that purpose, thus the need to switch rooms).

Pros:
Cost/Value-One of the best values we could find as far as room features for the price in all of the PF/G'burg area. The rooms are almost like small apartments with a kitchen, living area with couch and table, bedroom, and bath. We had plenty of room for our family of four. The kitchen included a large fridge, stove top, ample cabinets, and available utensils and cookware. We cooked a couple of meals and saved money over eating out.

Location-The fact that the suites are not on the main strip is a positive in my mind. While we didn't go to Dollywood on our trip I understand it is close by. We found the location very easy to get to and far enough away from the strip to be quiet.

Breakfast-Easily one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever eaten. They have your standard hotel fare of waffles, cereals, etc. but what really sets this particular breakfast apart are the made-to-order omelets. They are delicious and very large. They also have very good biscuits and gravy. You will enjoy the breakfast here!

Cons:
Property upkeep-During our stay I could not escape the feeling that the hotel was on the verge of becoming a dump. The hallways were very dingy and the rooms , while clean, were worn out. The decor of the place was very dated and did not show any recent attempts to freshen up. Many of the signs in the hallway had tape over parts of them (perhaps to cover up Ramada branding?) and the carpet was showing its age. Both of our rooms smelled of stale smoke despite being listed as non-smoking. Our second room (a 2nd floor room) had one window that had no latch so it could not be locked. It also had a broken garbage disposal that caused the drain to back up. I think the ownership of this location is not putting money into upkeep and the place seems to be falling into disrepair.

Staff friendliness-I must agree with other reviews about the general friendliness of the staff. Several of the employees I spoke with were not very friendly. This was particularly noticeable in Tennessee where 'Southern hospitality' is so prevalent. The breakfast staff was short tempered and I almost felt like I had to walk on eggshells around some of the employees. To be fair, some of the staff members were very nice but I was disappointed in the general friendliness I encountered, particularly after my previous trip when the staff had been so very nice. I told my wife that I thought the problem had more to do with upper management/ownership than with the employees themselves. Most just didn't seem to enjoy working there and I can't help but think the management/ownership team is doing a poor job based on the lack of upkeep and seeming low morale of the workforce.

So in general, would I stay again? Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? The answer is a reserved yes, but I would probably not book online. I really think this place is very near the point of being a run-down property that I could not recommend. If we stay again I will probably be a walk-in so I can see if things seem to have improved.

Based on the responses I see on this site from the management of All Season Suites I know they monitor the reviews. Please reinvest profits into general upkeep and employee training. You have a wonderful location and building. With some basic maintenance and TLC your hotel could be one of the great places to stay in PF!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank pastparticiple
Tennessee
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We spent 4 night at the All Seasons.

First, TheGood. The rooms are well laid out with the bedroom in a separate room. Plenty of room for our family of 6. The kitchen was very nice. Much larger than what I've become accustomed to in other suite hotels. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. The location is within walking distance of Dixie Stampede and several restaurants which was great since the traffic in the summer is horrible. We found Teaster Lane was not as congested. Dollywood and Splash Country were just a 5 minute drive away.

Then, The Bad. The property is in major need of a renovation. there were broken tiles in the bathroom, and the outside security door to our wind of the hotel would not shut properly without forcing it shut. One of our curtains had to be repaired. The walls had been patched up numerous times. They have done a decent job of keeping this hotel up and going but it has reached the point where it needs major work. Also, the breakfast was good but there were no meats, just cereal and breads. The omelets were good if you got to breakfast early.

Now, The Ugly. The pool was in major need of a cleaning when we were there. You could scratch your name in the scum on the tile at the waterline inside the pool. It really needed cleaning.

Overall, we had a good stay. I'd recommend it for larger families on a budget who need the extra room of a suite. The property is pretty ragged though.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family