“Nice last minute trip to see the fall colors”

Ramada Pigeon Forge South
Ranked #40 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I decided at the last minute to visit Gatlinburg for the colors last week. It was 'high' season, so I didn't have much hope of finding a place that would be able to accommodate us and our dogs. Luckily, I found the Ramada and it's prices were very reasonable so I came to tripadvisor to read the reviews. There weren't really any bad reviews and the reviews on Marianne and breakfast were outstanding. We booked a pet friendly queen room for 3 nights. The hotel room was clean and pretty comfortable. We couldn't get the room as cool as we wanted it but we probably wanted it cooler than most people would. The tv reception needed a little help but since we were really only in the room to sleep it didn't matter. The room was a little dated and a fresh coat of paint would probably have done wonders. After giving it some thought, the only thing I was going to complain about in the room is probably an extremely good thing. The water is EXTREMELY hot. Pretty much scalding hot. So beware!! But at the same time, that is the water they are washing the linens in so I feel really good about that. (I still didn't use the bedspread but I don't use the bedspread at any hotel.)

As for breakfast, it was a let down. Yes, Marianne was helpful, happy, and had a great attitude. Breakfast, on the other hand, was a carb extravaganza. And I don't even pay attention to carbs! There were biscuits and gravy, 3 types of cereals, small muffins, toast, bagels, oatmeal packets and waffles. There were hard boiled eggs, bananas and yogurt (but strawberry banana yogurt was the only choice). It doesn't seem as if it would be all that difficult to put out some sausage patties or links on a hot plate but I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm not sure what I expected breakfast to be but that wasn't it.

The trip was fabulous and I don't regret staying at the Ramada at all. All the employees (especially Rusty) were friendly and helpful but if I stay there again I'll make other breakfast plans. The location was perfect. The price was great! I'd definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

The Management and Staff at Ramada Inn are very happy that we were able to accomodate you, your husband and your "4-legged" family during your recent visit to Pigeon Forge. Our staff strives to provide excellent guest services along with clean, comfortable rooms. We are so glad that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly. We strive for 100% satisfaction, so we are sorry that you were disappointed with the breakfast selections. Thank you very much for your kind words and referrals. We hope that you were able to enjoy the beautiful Fall scenery of the Great Smoky Mountains and look forward to your future visit!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Marianne in the breakfast restaurant was helpful and had such a happy attitude. She gave the Ramada Inn a good name because of her helpfulness and hard work to keep everything stocked and available to the guests.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast with us. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful staff that truly believes in southern hospitality. We look forward to your next visit to the Smokies.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Marianne was fabulous! She was always full of patience and very helpful with the crazy breakfast crowd. She was just wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2011

Wonderful! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we are so glad that Marianne got your stay started off so well.. We hope to see you back at Ramada, where families meet, very soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

I booked my room here at the Ramada over a month ago and was surprised to receive a bill showing that I was charged before staying and even charged an extra $75 dollars on top of that. I called to see what was going on about a week before my reservation and was told that it had been canceled. I told them no, it was supposed to still be active and I had already been charged for it along with an odd second charge. Long story short, we got it straightened out and I was refunded for the extra charge....or so I thought. Upon arriving for my reservation last week checkin was fine although they were out of printer toner so they couldn't print anything for me to sign. I walked to the room and my brother went straight to the bathroom only to find there was no toilet paper! haha I had to run back down to the front desk and get some toilet paper which they gladly supplied. No big deal there. Then, I noticed that there was no microwave in the room which I had paid extra money a night for when I reserved the room. By the time I noticed it we were already unpacked and didn't want to move so I just went down and explained to the front desk that I booked a room with a microwave. They wouldn't change the charge until I showed them the reservation paperwork that I just happened to bring with me. Anyway, I'm supposed to be receiving a refund for the microwave.

The room itself was nice enough although it didn't have anything special. The air conditioner was loud and rattled a lot even when it was just on fan. The tvs here are the old standard definition types but they work just fine. The beds are comfy enough and the sheets were clean. I do have to complain about the shower a little though. I don't know if it was the fact that we were on the 3rd floor or what but the shower didn't have much of any water pressure.

Breakfast has a nice variety and everything we tried was good. The only thing is that there isn't enough room for everyone to sit. I ended up taking my food back to my room to eat 2 out of the 3 days I stayed here.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying they couldn't find the vending machines. There is a vending machine on the 2nd floor and the 1st floor near the lobby and their prices are very reasonable. In fact, you can get drinks from the cola vending machine cheaper here than anywhere else I've seen for 10 years.

There is a trolley stop in front of the hotel but if you are going to Gatlinburg you will have to change trolleys twice before you are in town.

Overall, I would stay here again but would hope for less of an adventure before I actually settled into the room. :)

Room Tip: The ends of the hotel have stairs while the center has a ramp. Try to get a room near the ramp if y...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your visit with us at our Ramada. I can assure you that the miscommunication with the reservation is and was an isolated incident. I am happy to hear that it was corrected for you. At the time you make your reservation with us, we do charge a deposit of the first nights stay, We also offer a 48 hour cancellation for our guests. As for the toilet paper, your brother is correct, you should always have two rolls of toilet paper in every bathroom.
We certainly hope you choose to stay with us again so we can assure you that we will take good care of you, as our guest you are very important to our Ramada family.
Thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at Ramada Inn, 4010 Parkway Pigeon Forge Tennessee October 13-15, 2011. This was our first time staying at Ramada Inn. The hotel was clean and the staff was exemplary: however, the architecture structure was 60/70's era and needs renovating. Our room was on the third floor and only two methods to get there stairs or ramps. Only vending machine was in the reservation office. The free continental breakfast was superior and offered multiple items to select from. The location was convenient to Dollywood Park.

Room Tip: Inquire about ammenties.
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I would have to say this was one of the worst hotels we have stayed in. We arrived at dark so we were unable to get a good view of the outside of the hotel (if it was daytime...I doubt we would've stayed). We went to our room..found a large bug on the wall. There was something stained and dripping down the wall. Plus the bathroom had a fingerprint of what looked like poop near the toilet paper roll. We asked for another room. Unfortunately the 2nd room smelled horrible. At first - we thought it was mildew. We tracked the smell to the bathroom curtain. I couldn't tell if it was mildew or if someone had urinated on it and they hadn't changed it. It was terrible. We shut the bathroom door and only went in there when necessary. We only stayed the night and left the next day - none of us taking showers because we were so grossed out by the smell of the shower.

As for the breakfast - it was a chaotic mess. There is no place to sit once you get your food. Everyone was all over the place and didn't know where to go. I thought it was nice that there was someone behind the counter restocking constantly because a lot of hotels don't have that...but the breakfast wasn't worth waiting around for. We ended up walking to Krispy Kreme a couple of doors down.

Do yourself a favor - pay the extra money and stay somewhere nicer. This one is not worth the money. I'm not sure how some of the people on here said it was a nice hotel...they must work for Ramada.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Kasey E

Dear valued guest,
Please accept our apologies for anything less than a satisfying stay. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and incurred any problems while at our Ramada. I can assure you this is not the norm, as you can see from the other reviews.
Our breakfast gets very high reviews and our breakfast staff works very hard to accomodate all our guests. We offer a wide variety of breakfast foods, in addition to our biscuits and gravy, waffles, and it is an all you can eat breakfast.
As for your room, we can only apologize again. I can assure you we have investigated your issues and we are in the process of correcting all the issues you mentioned. We certainly hope that you will accept our offer for a discount on a future stay and let us earn your business back.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Loved staying here...staff so friendly, great breakfast, great porch rocking chairs! Loved it!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Ramada. We are so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and we certainly hope to see you on your next visit to Pigeon Forge.