My husband and I decided at the last minute to visit Gatlinburg for the colors last week. It was 'high' season, so I didn't have much hope of finding a place that would be able to accommodate us and our dogs. Luckily, I found the Ramada and it's prices were very reasonable so I came to tripadvisor to read the reviews. There weren't really any bad reviews and the reviews on Marianne and breakfast were outstanding. We booked a pet friendly queen room for 3 nights. The hotel room was clean and pretty comfortable. We couldn't get the room as cool as we wanted it but we probably wanted it cooler than most people would. The tv reception needed a little help but since we were really only in the room to sleep it didn't matter. The room was a little dated and a fresh coat of paint would probably have done wonders. After giving it some thought, the only thing I was going to complain about in the room is probably an extremely good thing. The water is EXTREMELY hot. Pretty much scalding hot. So beware!! But at the same time, that is the water they are washing the linens in so I feel really good about that. (I still didn't use the bedspread but I don't use the bedspread at any hotel.)
As for breakfast, it was a let down. Yes, Marianne was helpful, happy, and had a great attitude. Breakfast, on the other hand, was a carb extravaganza. And I don't even pay attention to carbs! There were biscuits and gravy, 3 types of cereals, small muffins, toast, bagels, oatmeal packets and waffles. There were hard boiled eggs, bananas and yogurt (but strawberry banana yogurt was the only choice). It doesn't seem as if it would be all that difficult to put out some sausage patties or links on a hot plate but I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm not sure what I expected breakfast to be but that wasn't it.
The trip was fabulous and I don't regret staying at the Ramada at all. All the employees (especially Rusty) were friendly and helpful but if I stay there again I'll make other breakfast plans. The location was perfect. The price was great! I'd definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada offers accommodations from 2 to 10 people in our 2 bedroom, 2 bath Family Suites. We also offer a deluxe continental breakfast with biscuits/gravy and Belgian waffles, free Wi-Fi, free parking and friendly service. Our property is located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains within a ½ mile from the park entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ramada Pigeon Forge South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Pigeon Forge - Parkway Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Ramada Inn
- Ramada Inn Pigeon Forge Tn