“We made a Good Choice”

Ranked #38 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Chicago
“We made a Good Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

We are down here for a week for photography in the Smokies.When we arrived, we were welcomed by Angela, the biggest assest the place has. She is warm, bubbly, helpful and very responsive. We asked for quiet rooms and she went out of her way to put us on the top floor, separated by empty rooms. Overall, the property is not new and freshly painted but the rooms were meticulously clean. The place is pet friendly and we found this to be no problem. The free breakfast was adequate and ample.

Room Tip: The top floor is the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback. We are so happy when a guest notices the hard work and care that our team puts into the Ramada Inn. All of our guest service agents try their best to accommodate each and every guest preference. While this is not always possible, the care and dedication from all team members are really showing through reviews such as yours. We look forward to having you as our guest again during your future travels to Pigeon Forge!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

The good : Located at the convention center
Wheelchair accessable bathroom was big enough but had a step in bath?
Room was clean
Breakfast was nice we thought !!! Gotta give a shout out to the lady that ran the breakfast room the weekend of May 4th and 5th !! I forgot her name but she was EXTREAMLY helpful and polite!!!!

The Bad: No indoor Pool
Not much of a business center ( 1 computer and printer ) It wouldnt allow me to print off a works doc. Asked front dest but they were unable to get it to print as well.
Staff at check in didnt seem real motivated and was NOT overly helpful ( I had an issue and it seemed more of a non issue or a bother to them I thought )

The Ugly THERE WAS NO WHEELCHAIR ACCESS TO THE SWIMMING POOL!!!! I asked the front desk to have mainteniance build a temp ramp for my son and it never happened. ( I actually didnt see maint anywere near the pool and my room was directly across from it ) Not really even an appology untill later that night when the night manager PROMISED me it would be fixed " Just not during our stay" and discounted my room 10 bucks each night :-/ I left a complaint with Ramada corp website. I got a call from Ramada Parkway on the following Monday i think while i was out ( I saw it on ID when I returned ) They however left NO voice mail so i dont know who called or what the purpose of the call was was?

I am in Pigen Forge every so often ( I live only an hour and a half or so out of town ) Overall when you factor in the good , bad and ugly it was an average stay at an average place. It could have been a great stay at a place that could have seemed well above average with just a LITTLE effort. It was a working weekend but it was also a weekend out of town with the family. Would I stay there again? Thruthfully... Maybe..... Maybe not?....

Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Loved staying at the Ramada. Very friendly staff. Kitchen attendant Marianne,front desk Rachel and Stephanie were very nice and helpful. They made us feel very welcome. Southern hospitality was so true. The rooms were clean and the beds comfy. We hate leaving but will return!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda S
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay! Marianne, Rachel, and Stephanie are always working hard to make sure every guest receives what they need. They love to make everyone feel like they are at home. It makes us feel proud that you enjoyed your stay so much that you did not want to leave and happier still to you that you will return to visit with us again soon!
North Bay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Older hotel, slept welll, room musty when first entered. Bed not made up for second night, thought at least they would fluff pillow etc.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Mills River, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have stayed at his one before and was not real pleased but I thought I would give it a try again, it is conveniently located and reasonable prices.
1. I arrived and was checked in and assigned a room (I would like to add at this point that the front desk people are the best but I think they are operating under circumstances they have no control over). This is a 3 story facility and I asked if a ground floor room was available and they said no, so I was assigned a room on the extreme end from the office on the second floor. If you have never stayed here there is no elevators, steps and ramps up to the various levels. Well I parked and carried several pieces of my luggage up and guess what the card would not open the door, lock looked like it just may fall out so obvious it was in need of repair.
Called the front desk and ask if they could assign me another room, said yes to come back and they would do that, well I did and it was still on the second floor but at least the key opened it. Person at front desk said that was the 4th one that day that would not work, so that tells me something needs to be done in the area of maintenance at this hotel.
2, Refrigerator was not turned on, Internet works but not very well, Microwave advertised but no M/W, Shower in my opinion very dangerous, no assist bars at all, I do however carry a portable one with me that attaches to the wall, so that helps
All in all this hotel needs some upgrades bad, don't think I can recommend this one at this time
3. Housekeeping is the pitts, all they do is come in and replace the towels

Room Tip: Read the reports from previous customers, there is a reason they make them
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate feedback both positive and negative because it helps us to improve and lets us know what we are doing right. It is disappointing to learn that you experienced some inconveniences with the door key and housekeeping. Please accept our sincere apologies for anything less than a 100% satisfactory stay. We would love to speak with you in more detail about your stay and perhaps get a chance to rectify this for you. We certainly hope that you would reconsider staying with us during your next getaway. Rest assured that the proper action has been taken to prevent the same type of situation from reoccurring. Thank you for sharing your opinions regarding upgrades; we will take your ideas into consideration the next time we make changes at the hotel. Again thank you and we hope you have a great summer!
La Grange, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

The first morning on our trip to the CGM Fan Fair, we went for the breakfast offered at no additional cost. We found Marianne waiting for us with smiles & helping hands to operate the waffle iron. What a wonderful start to my day. Every day of our stay Marianne has not only kept us smiling she has lifted up everyone who comes to her kitchen for breakfast. I think she might just make gravy like my Mommas'. We would enjoy coming back to Ramada and going to Mariannes breakfast nook to enjoy a wonderful start to our day. Did I mention best breakfast in Pigeon Forge!!!

• Stayed April 2013
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you so much for the great compliment to Marianne. Reading this review made her day. She is always trying so hard to give everyone the best possible breakfast experience and she makes it look like she’s not even trying. She always has time to say good morning and make sure everyone has a great start to their day. Our other team members are all after that same goal of comfort, satisfaction, and making any vacation a memory to enjoy. Marianne is a fine example of what the Ramada Inn team has set out to accomplish. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Stanford, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

My 5 member family stayed 2 nights at this hotel and were very pleased with every aspect with only one minor complaint and that was the poor wifi. It was weak, but served it's purpose. We stayed in a two room suit. It was clean and spacious. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very courteous. The continental breakfast was great. Only a short walk to the convention center and several restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback. The staff here at Ramada Inn is always happy to hear from our guests about the great job they are doing. You will be glad to hear that we have updated some of the wireless internet equipment and we now have greater signal strength and a more stable connection. Marianne appreciated seeing your review about our breakfast; she strives to make sure everything is fresh, stocked, and ready to go. She does all this with a smile on her face. Thank you again for the review and we can not wait to see you again soon!