“Dirty, smelly, damp, and awful wifi”

Ramada Pigeon Forge South
Ranked #40 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Dirty, smelly, damp, and awful wifi”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The first thing I did after checking into this room late at night was run to the local store and buy an air freshener and a six pack so I could fall asleep. The floor was damp (everything was damp but the floor particularly) and had black stuff. I took a shower in a dirty bathtub and by the time I made it back to my bed my feet were already dirty again. One of the mirrors had sticky hand prints on it. The wifi ran with 1600 ping when I tried to play League of Legends before finally cutting out entirely. Streaming video was impossible. The entire room smelled like mold.The parking lot was full and I had to park in an auxiliary lot with inferior lighting that I definitely wasn't comfortable leaving my vehicle in, not that I had a choice. This is the worst hotel room I have been in since I was a little kid on the road with my professional musician parents.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank charles c
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I do apologize that your room did not meet the expectations that you had upon arrival. Our staff works very hard to make every guest feel comfortable while they are here and I apologize that we were not able to do so during your stay. We do hope that you give us another try on your next visit so you can see that the issues you had are not a normal occurrence at our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Estill Springs, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The staff that they have there was very courteous. To name one in particular was "Stevenie". We had a problem with our room and I went to the front to report it. She looked up another room and personally took me to see the other room. Then she helped me move from one room to the other. At the time, my wife and son, was up the street shopping and she did all the heavy lifting because I am on a weight restriction. So by the time my wife and son came back we were in a new room. Thanks to "Stevenie" for making our stay a little more pleasant.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fairly good.
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable. Stevenie works very hard to accommodate any need that our guests may have as well as the rest of our staff. We are glad that we could fix the problems for you and get you into a comfortable room. I hope that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful breakfast while you were here also. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the smokies.
Lewisburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had stayed at this particular hotel several times in the past and have always had the same great service. Housecleaning was excellent and very courteous. The rooms were clean, breakfast was wonderful and the pool was excellent! We just couldn't as for much more...thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms at ground lever all the way to the rear (lower end) of the hotel were very quiet at night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rogee-Tee
Thank you for your review. We are glad to have you back on this trip. Our cleaning staff works hard to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to the smokies.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We are a gay couple from the UK who visited the area for my partner to celebrate his 40th birthday by visiting Dollywood (he's a life-long Dollywood fan). We cannot say enough good things about this lovely, welcoming and friendly hotel.
Every single member of staff we encountered were so helpful and couldn't do enough for you - to name a few we noted names of, Greg, Tamera, Leila, Heather, Shirley, Stevenie and the manager but I'm sure there's more we've missed.
We had no luggage for the first evening and next day due to an error at our transfer airport and the hotel offered us free day passes to Dollywood as a cheer up gesture (one of the staff had a contact there), even though the error was not their responsibility at all. They were also all happy to chat and give advice about the area and always seemed genuinely pleased to see us.
Breakfast was lovely - the highlight is the fabulous waffle machine - and the lady is happy for you to take away fruit and cakes with you for your day (though avoid going down around 9am as it's very busy).
The room was lovely with comfortable queen sized beds and lots of TV channels to choose from, and the outdoor pool and spa was perfect to come home to after a day wandering round Dollywood.
This hotel really made our trip so much better: excellent customer service really makes the difference to a holiday and the folks here really know how to deliver!
Thank you all at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, from Peter and Graeme :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PeteBoon
We are so glad that you took the time to write a review of our hotel. Our staff prides themselves in doing whatever we can to make our guests feel at home. We are glad that your stay was a positive experience on your trip to the states and we hope that you choose to stay with us on your next trip to the Pigeon Forge area.
Henrietta, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was surprised by all the wonderful reviews because my cousin and I felt that the hotel was adequate but not wonderful. The rooms smell musty and there are no elevators to get up to the second and third floors. However the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. It would be nice to have a microwave in the room. The hotel is quite old and the pictures on the site make it look much newer than it actually is.

1 Thank momma225
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We thank you for your review. It is true that most of our guests truly enjoys their stay with us. They enjoy our bountiful breakfast, the easy access to all the sites in town as well as our clean rooms. We are so saddened that you did not. We certainly want every guest to have a wonderful stay with us and apologize if you did not.
Beaufort, NC
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed 5 nights in mid July and was very happy. Great staff and Robert was great with a minor problem in the room. As a smoker really appreciated the table and chairs outside. Will stay again. Breakfast rather disappointing but heck you can't have it all.

2 Thank NCVickiD
Thank you for your review. Robert really appreciates you mentioning how helpful he was in correcting issues in your room. The patios in front of the rooms are a big hit with all of our guests as it allows them the opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the mountain air while they are with us. Sorry that you did not enjoy the breakfast. We hope to see you on your next visit to the smokies.
salem va
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for fourth of July weekend. Property is in a great spot on Parkway with an excellent view of the firework displays. Here you can see Dollywood's fireworks nightly and the city's display on the 4th is unbelievable from here. Another plus is there is a Krispy Kreme right in front of the Hotel....
The staff here is outstanding, very polite and helpful. Room and Property layout is good, now for the but....
Room was clean and beds were comfortable, housekeeping kept the room tidy as possible. The hotel is in need of renovations as the furniture in the room was broken and in rough shape. The breakfast left much to be desired. Just your ordinary continental breakfast with dry cereal, some breads and fruits. There was waffles, but due to the layout, it was next to impossible to get to with the lines. They also have biscuits and gravy, but these are frozen biscuits with canned gravy. Breakfast was included so this is not a problem in my opinion as we were not planning on eating in anyway, specially not with a Krispy Kreme within jumping distance.
My only major complaint and the reason for the 3 rating is the carpets in the rooms were so filthy nasty, it turned our feet black with just a walk from the door to the bathroom. I would suggest hiring a cleaning crew to come in and shampoo the carpets really good.

3 Thank jameshelton
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge South, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
It is so important that guests be able to relax and get a good night’s sleep in a clean comfortable room. We are glad that you were able to do so. We are happy that you were able to enjoyed the fireworks of Dollywood from our property. We are glad that you liked our southern hospitality as we try our best to make sure that guests have a nice time while visiting us in the Great Smoky Mountains. We do clean carpets on a routine basis and certainly apologize if the carpet needed cleaning. We will see that it gets done immediately.